Palpable Buzz | The Boneyard

Palpable Buzz

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Nice to hear. But I think Jalen will have something to say about that. Having AG healthy will allow Jalen to play off the ball. His game will flourish this year.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Pardon me for not holding my judgement. Ajou Deng had buzz, Emeka Okafor didn't.
Alterique is a great player. The best on the team? Doubt it. Besides getting fans excited, if the coaches are pushing this it's to get Jalen and Christian motivated to prove things wrong.

Reaction Score
Guy was a McDonald's all American.

True, but Jalen is older and more experienced, not coming off a serious injury and was a more highly regarded and rated recruit than Gilbert. They were close, but Adams was the 5 star and AG a 4 star. Not that it really matters at all.

Hopefully he is better, as said, if true we should have the best starting backcourt in the country. But I have a tough time buying it.

Reaction Score
He was a great player in high school and looked very good in the few games he played last year. He could very well be our best player.

But the most important ability is availability and he has to prove he can stay healthy. He plays hard and he will hit the floor many times this year. My fingers will be crossed all year for this kid. But I am anxious about it.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
So much Troy Murphy in Tyler Olander.

"Oh, he's the best player on the team," El-Amin replied.

You mean besides you and Richard Hamilton, right?

"I said, he's the best player on the team."

Out of Africa Forced to leave his home in war-torn Sudan at age nine and raised in Egypt and England 6'11" freshman forward Ajou Deng is bringing a world of talent to Connecticut

#palpablebuzz

In all seriousness, I DO think AG is going to be awesome. But better than JA this year? Gosh, I doubt it.

Reaction Score
True, but Jalen is older and more experienced, not coming off a serious injury and was a more highly regarded and rated recruit than Gilbert. They were close, but Adams was the 5 star and AG a 4 star. Not that it really matters at all.

Hopefully he is better, as said, if true we should have the best starting backcourt in the country. But I have a tough time buying it.
Idk if he'll be clearly "better" but it'll be debatable because they are both going to be insanely good

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
"Oh, he's the best player on the team," El-Amin replied.

You mean besides you and Richard Hamilton, right?

"I said, he's the best player on the team."

Out of Africa Forced to leave his home in war-torn Sudan at age nine and raised in Egypt and England 6'11" freshman forward Ajou Deng is bringing a world of talent to Connecticut

#palpablebuzz

In all seriousness, I DO think AG is going to be awesome. But better than JA this year? Gosh, I doubt it.

The thing about Deng....he could have been a tremendous college basketball player, but he had the worst people in his ear. Once they thought they had a superstar on their hands, they immediately thought they were better coaches than Calhoun. (And especially Leitao, who they seemed to have a vendetta against.)

Even at Fairfield, which became a true grease fire, Deng and Deng Gai responded to the crossfire by barely making an effort to play team basketball.

Similar to Majok, nothing good happens when you have handlers worried about their own bottom line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom