Paige on Senior Nite video Un-be-live-able | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Paige on Senior Nite video Un-be-live-able

Reaction Score
I wonder if you had the same opinion about Stewie? If Geno had your opinion would he have recruited her? Normally I'm with you, but not on this point.

While I certainly don't know it for a fact, it is generally been the case that freshmen wear down. I was talking to the idea of her starting, not making a definitive comment on her current conditioning. My next sentence in that post:
If she were to start and be successful it would mean Geno wouldn't want to take her out and she could be over-used.

I tried to look up Stewart's minutes as a freshman but for some reason UConn's season stats from those years have been deleted from the web site. I made a post somewhere a while back about her and my memory says she had about 25 mins /game as a freshman. She had Dolson carrying the weight inside and didn't bring the ball upcourt much.

If Bueckers minutes can be kept at about 25/game I don't see her wearing down, but if she were to get 32+ from November to February I'd worry about what she had left in March/April.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
She will probably show up at Uconn during the summer session during which time she will be introduced to the weight room along with some of the other instruments of the torture chamber. I don't think it will take her too much time to evolve from a high school to a college basketball frame.
She has already been working in the weight room over the past year. Her body is toned more this year than last. In one of her interviews after a game she noted that she has gained weight and muscle mass due to her weight training.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
While I certainly don't know it for a fact, it is generally been the case that freshmen wear down. I was talking to the idea of her starting, not making a definitive comment on her current conditioning. My next sentence in that post:

I tried to look up Stewart's minutes as a freshman but for some reason UConn's season stats from those years have been deleted from the web site. I made a post somewhere a while back about her and my memory says she had about 25 mins /game as a freshman. She had Dolson carrying the weight inside and didn't bring the ball upcourt much.

If Bueckers minutes can be kept at about 25/game I don't see her wearing down, but if she were to get 32+ from November to February I'd worry about what she had left in March/April.
With the current players on the team, including EW, and the ones coming on board, I don't see anyone averaging more than 30 minutes a game. I believe the guards may average around 25.

Reaction Score
With the current players on the team, including EW, and the ones coming on board, I don't see anyone averaging more than 30 minutes a game. I believe the guards may average around 25.

That does appear to be the case but I'm not counting on freshmen other than Bueckers, despite their prospects and talent. I will be very happy if McClean & Edwards have seasons like Griffin is having. Any more than that will be frosting on the cake.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
That does appear to be the case but I'm not counting on freshmen other than Bueckers, despite their prospects and talent. I will be very happy if McClean & Edwards have seasons like Griffin is having. Any more than that will be frosting on the cake.
I think that Nika, Aaliyah, and Mir will be playing from 10 to 15 minutes a game. Piath by the end of the season maybe 10 minutes

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I think that Nika, Aaliyah, and Mir will be playing from 10 to 15 minutes a game. Piath by the end of the season maybe 10 minutes

It's going to be hard enough to find minutes for the top seven much less for the other four freshmen.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I tried to look up Stewart's minutes as a freshman but for some reason UConn's season stats from those years have been deleted from the web site. I made a post somewhere a while back about her and my memory says she had about 25 mins /game as a freshman.
23.7 mpg. Started 14 games. Shot 50%/33%/77%. 13.8 ppg. 6.4 rpg.

Reaction Score
23.7 mpg. Started 14 games. Shot 50%/33%/77%. 13.8 ppg. 6.4 rpg.
Thanks. I remember when I saw the min/game I was surprised. My memories are of her playing more but the last memories are usually the ones that stick.

I would guess that Bueckers minutes will be a little higher because Westbrook UConn has more need of a pg than UConn did back then for a post.

Reaction Score
Paige's ball-handling skills are wonderful--that's obvious. What's also the case is her unreal court vision. She sees and reacts so quickly because she anticipates what's going to happen before it does. As one of you wrote: other players better be ready to catch the ball with little warning. The speed of her play will have everyone on their toes constantly. Her energy is the catching kind. This is exactly the player who can lift a program by turning good players into great ones. We need a lift.

Reaction Score
I cannot...who saw DT in hs?
I saw DT in high school .. she played for Don Lugo in the Nike TOC in Santa Barbara '98 or '99 .. she was a bit on the chubby side and her team didn't play in the top division, so DT scored at will. Today the top division is the Joe Smith division but Joe was alive then and we attended most of the games together...

Reaction Score
Here are some thoughts about next year's line-up and rotation:

1. Paige Beuckers will have some challenges next year taking the starting point guard position.... But, given the returning players and where they should naturally play, I think Geno will have a lot of difficulty keeping Paige off the floor. 2. Christyn Williams with her sophomore slump way behind her will show everyone why she was a number one recruit out of high school...she will start next years. year at her natural position.
3. Anna Mukurat has shown a real aptitude for the game...her passing is incredible, she sees the floor...is a decent rebounder and when she is shooting well it is a beautiful thing to watch. She...should start next year 4. No way you keep Megan Walker out of the line-up....she starts and she crushes it next year.
5. I believe Olivia Nelson Ododa will show UConn fans that she is an All American post player. Odo starts next year and will do amazing things.

Evina Westbrook does present a problem because of her level of talent...and her history as an elite player. We are going to be very happy with having Evina Westbrook available to play...Evina was the number 2 player she started for Tennessee, at point guard. Her transfer to UConn from former arch rival Tennessee was not without its contentious moments as many of her Tennessee fans thought the transfer was sacrilegious. It is going to be a tough decision for Geno...especially given that the kid sat out a year of ineligibility. But, I think Geno will have Evina and Christyn splitting time. I also see her spending some time at the 1...

STARTING LINE-UP

At the 1 - Paige Beuckers
At the 2 - Christyn Williams
At the 3 - Anna Mukurat;
At the 4 - Megan Walker
At the 5 - Olivia Nelson Ododa

ROTATION

Coming off the bench at the 1: Nika Muhl...
Coming off the bench at the 2: Evina Westbrook
Coming off the bench at the 3: Aubrey Griffin
Coming off the bench at the 4: Mir McLean
Coming off the bench at the 5: Aaliyah Edwards; Piath Gabriel
Can either Aubrey or Mir hit the three? In order for that to work, you wouldn’t want both of them on the court at the same time for very long. It would be much better if they subbed for each other, but that would take too many minutes away from Ania. There are issues at the three and four, but pleasant ones.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom