Paige on Senior Nite video Un-be-live-able | The Boneyard

Paige on Senior Nite video Un-be-live-able

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

There are other videos on here but a must see Paige is un be live able. If she plays like that at UConn she will be POY as a freshman. Woozer

That behind the back double crossover on #34 is just too sweet. Buh-buh-baller!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
A Big part of Paige's Game is the ability to find the open player and get a pass to that player. That means her teammates next year need to make Layups and Three Point Shots. :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
For BY HS savants, is there any Girls HS player who has Paige's passing and overall game style either playing now or in the past? I do not remember one. Even Ionescu was more score than pass in HS?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yep, best compliment anyone could gicve her. She plays like a guy, a really good guy.

The starting point guard position will be open next year, so her timing is perfect with respect for coming to UConn at just the right time.

Is there a player waiting in the wings to assume that role? I don’t think so. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. Westbrook will be eligible to play next year, and it is assumed by all that she will start. Will it be at the point?

I’m not going to predict anything at this time. Someone will start at the point, that we know. The question is who? Paige may not start as a freshman (or maybe she will), if she can make plays at this level like those in the video, and spark the offense, she’s got a real good chance.

I think it will be impossible to keep her on the bench. She appears to be a player that is not bothered or influenced by big game bright lights. Paige is not going to be special, she’s already special. This just in...................play makers do not sit on the bench!!!

There are a number of adjustments she needs to make between now and then, she’ll make them. We’ll see in November where she is in her transition from HS to “elite” wcbb. I’m excited as anyone that she’s coming, but I’m going to temper my expectations and enthusiasm until I see her play against Division 1 competition. I’ll root for her, and will be one of her biggest fans. Don’t be surprised if she becomes the face of the program before the end of her sophomore year. :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wonder if Geno will let her loose? A player with this level of talent and court awareness needs a long leash. The other ladies will have to learn to anticipate the pass at any time.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Here are some thoughts about next year's line-up and rotation:

1. Paige Beuckers will have some challenges next year taking the starting point guard position.... But, given the returning players and where they should naturally play, I think Geno will have a lot of difficulty keeping Paige off the floor. 2. Christyn Williams with her sophomore slump way behind her will show everyone why she was a number one recruit out of high school...she will start next years. year at her natural position.
3. Anna Mukurat has shown a real aptitude for the game...her passing is incredible, she sees the floor...is a decent rebounder and when she is shooting well it is a beautiful thing to watch. She...should start next year 4. No way you keep Megan Walker out of the line-up....she starts and she crushes it next year.
5. I believe Olivia Nelson Ododa will show UConn fans that she is an All American post player. Odo starts next year and will do amazing things.

Evina Westbrook does present a problem because of her level of talent...and her history as an elite player. We are going to be very happy with having Evina Westbrook available to play...Evina was the number 2 player she started for Tennessee, at point guard. Her transfer to UConn from former arch rival Tennessee was not without its contentious moments as many of her Tennessee fans thought the transfer was sacrilegious. It is going to be a tough decision for Geno...especially given that the kid sat out a year of ineligibility. But, I think Geno will have Evina and Christyn splitting time. I also see her spending some time at the 1...

STARTING LINE-UP

At the 1 - Paige Beuckers
At the 2 - Christyn Williams
At the 3 - Anna Mukurat;
At the 4 - Megan Walker
At the 5 - Olivia Nelson Ododa

ROTATION

Coming off the bench at the 1: Nika Muhl...
Coming off the bench at the 2: Evina Westbrook
Coming off the bench at the 3: Aubrey Griffin
Coming off the bench at the 4: Mir McLean
Coming off the bench at the 5: Aaliyah Edwards; Piath Gabriel

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The starting point guard position will be open next year, so her timing is perfect with respect for coming to UConn at just the right time.
I don't recall the source but I recall Paige saying part of UCONN's allure was Dangerfield graduating the season before Paige arrived at UCONN. She has had this in mind for quite some time. Evina probably caused some concern but if Paige is as good as we all and Geno/CD hope, Evina will be the shooting guard. By January the starting five could be Olivia, Meg, Evina (knee?) or CW (huge jump), Aaliyah, and Paige. Long shot but possible. Ania may have a say in this. Next year from the start UCONN may have talented depth with Bueckers, Edwards, and Muhl. I am really interested in seeing Muhl. If she shows, Katie bar the door.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Found the source for hey Crystal's graduating and I can come in and have an immediate impact!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Found the source for hey Crystal's graduating and I can come in and have an immediate impact!

Yes but the relevant quote is

Dangerfield's 2020 graduation, Bueckers said, "was a big thought for me, but I didn't want that to be my whole decision. Anything can happen. I don't want to get a big head and say, 'Oh, I'm going to UConn, and I'm going to start right away.'"

Reaction Score

There are other videos on here but a must see Paige is un be live able. If she plays like that at UConn she will be POY as a freshman. Woozer

the scary thing is she didn't even have her best game on senior night......................I've seen her play better...................

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
the scary thing is she didn't even have her best game on senior night......................I've seen her play better...................
Not scary at all...more like gleeful anticipation....

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
IMHO, Evina will probably start the year at point because of her familiarity with the offense. Paige will take over shortly into the season. CW starts at the 2, Anna at 3 and Meg at the 4 to start the season

After the Freshmen begin to acclimate, I envision; Aaliyah at the 4 backed by Aubrey (or visa versa); Meg will be the primary 3. But Geno will have a ton of mix and match options at the 1,2,3&4 spots (specially Mir in the mix). I don't know if Aaliyah will see any time at 5 and Aubrey at 4 or if Piath will be able to spell Liv. All in all quite a different scenario then we have had in some time.

ALSO, do not sleep on Nika Muhl. She is a player!

ALSO PART DEUX; I can't get too excited for next year because we have a natty to win this year. Come on CW!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Well, there you go. Thanks Beercats. Now we have verified proof of her intentions and mindset going into her freshman year. One of the many topics of debate and speculation over the summer will be who the other 3 starters will be besides Megan and Olivia. There will be a number of viable candidates for those spots.

One poster has already jumped the gun with speculation on that topic. I’ll join in on that debate the day after UConn’s last game. Right now, we have bigger fish to fry and games to play.

One last thought, I am very optimistic about our incoming freshmen. I’m hoping that 2-3 will come in and make an immediate impact on the team. I look at the 3 freshmen starting for South Carolina this year. Zia Cooke, Aliyah Boston and Brea Beal. They are making a Huge impact on their team, well, why not us? Why can’t 2-3 of our freshmen come in and do the same thing (or close to it), and make plays consistently that help us win?

That’s the attitude I’m going into the summer with. If Dawn can start 3 freshmen, why can’t we have 3 that can come in and play significant minutes from day one? I expect Edwards, Bueckers and Muhl to be ready to play that first exhibition game in November, with Mir and Piath not far behind. There’s a very good chance that Dawn wins her second NC this year. They’ve only lost 1 game to this point. :eek:

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She's still playing on a sore pin.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
She's still playing on a sore pin.
evidently she was in a walking boot at the team dinner. She said it was precautionary because of stress.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom