Paige is practicing | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Paige is practicing

Reaction Score
when SC beat Uconn handidly .....
It was the fourth game of the season. UConn was leading by 6 at end of the 1st, leading by 3 at the half and down by 3 at the end of the 3rd. That doesn't sound like "handily" to me. UConn scored just 3 points in the 4th. That 4th qtr inability to score has been repeated at other points in other games. UConn has been offensively challenged throughout this season. Hopefully they are changing that.

In the SC game Fudd played just 10 minutes, Muhl 3 mins and Ducharme didn't play at all. This is a very different team from the one that played SC in the Bahamas (as is SC). If UConn can overcome the rebound deficit from that game I like their chances in a rematch.

Reaction Score
when SC beat Uconn handidly Geno after the game said "Azzi was playing hurt", he said that AFTER THE Sc loss. Meaning she was playing hurt also vs USF, that's the problem I had with the statement. When she was playing good, nobody mentioned it was hurt. It was only after SC blew them out the injury thing came out. Again SC was the better team, there's no shame in losing to that jaggernaut. I just hate that they tried to make it seem like oh but if Fudd was healthy the outcome would have been different (it wouldn't have) she still was bad defensively that game.
We knew about her injury months before the season even started when she was playing on the USA squad. She was even wearing a boot when she got to uconn and Geno did mention periodically throughout her first few games that her foot still hadn't healed from the summer. And you seem to be forgetting that Caroline Ducharme also didn't play in that game. SC has lost to an unranked team who didn't even have their best player and had a close game against another unranked team they are definitely not the unbeatable juggernaut that you're trying so desperately to make them be.

Reaction Score
when SC beat Uconn handidly Geno after the game said "Azzi was playing hurt", he said that AFTER THE Sc loss. Meaning she was playing hurt also vs USF, that's the problem I had with the statement. When she was playing good, nobody mentioned it was hurt. It was only after SC blew them out the injury thing came out. Again SC was the better team, there's no shame in losing to that jaggernaut. I just hate that they tried to make it seem like oh but if Fudd was healthy the outcome would have been different (it wouldn't have) she still was bad defensively that game.
But the point is about if Azzi was hurt or not. What we like or don't like doesn't change that. What people say before the game doesn't change that. The fact is, Azzi was hurt. She only played 10 minutes and after that game she went on the injured list. That meant she was hurt. Why fight the obvious?

Reaction Score
This is a very different team from the one that played SC in the Bahamas
I don't think that can be overstated. I also think it causes coaches like Jeff Walz and Dawn Staley to throw their games with UConn out the window. They know. And it's bothersome to the pollsters and the ESPN Bracket Guy because they don't know what to do with this team. I don't know how any ratings or polls can be taken seriously this year, even by those who view basketball is if it were a computer game. Lineups all over the place, games cancelled, players having to play out of position until somebody gets healthy. Thankfully ESPN, the NET and somebody named Massey don't decide who wins the National Championship. Players and coaches do.

Reaction Score
Paige needs to wear a mask when she's signing autographs. She is cruising for a covid infection. And she can infect others on the team as well. She needs to wear a mask when in public settings close up with people like that.

Reaction Score

I've had what a Dr told me was a "stress reaction" in my foot about 20 years ago. No treatment, other than being told to rest it as much as possible and some exercises. It would feel fine for weeks and I would forget about it until a seemingly simple movement would send pain signals to my brain. It would feel fine again in a few days but it flared up like that off and on for a year or more. Hasn't bothered me now for 18 years.
That sort of injury is relatively common in sports and players often try to play through it. Fudd and Geno decided to shut her down and let it heal as much as possible. So far she seems back to being the quick-footed player I thought she was.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
But the point is about if Azzi was hurt or not. What we like or don't like doesn't change that. What people say before the game doesn't change that. The fact is, Azzi was hurt. She only played 10 minutes and after that game she went on the injured list. That meant she was hurt. Why fight the obvious?
After the SC game Azzi was shut down for 8 weeks. That’s an injury.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Because the night before on the Bob Joyce Coaches Show, Geno said that Paige would not be playing this weekend (against Xavier and Georgetown) but next Wednesday or Friday might be possible.
Now who knows what may have happened between Thursday night and Friday night seeing all that went on was the shoot around Friday. And all the video of Paige during the shoot around seemed encouraging. As did her actions at the game.
Has has happened all season, things seem to be changing day to day.

Reaction Score
Jchuskie, at least Geno didn’t blame the type of ball used during the game where “SC beat UCONN handidly”.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom