Paige better get her signing hand ready this summer | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Paige better get her signing hand ready this summer

Reaction Score
Back in the 60’s my PF Flyers were cool.
I know. I begged for them but my father got me converse all-stars. None of my friends had them. I was pissed.

Was it PF Flyers or Keds ("look for the red ball on the back") that called themselves "the shoes that winners choose?

But when a mother is paying $1500 for a pair of shoes what's $500 for a pair of Jordans for the 14 year old child? ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I know. I begged for them but my father got me converse all-stars. None of my friends had them. I was pissed.

Was it PF Flyers or Keds ("look for the red ball on the back") that called themselves "the shoes that winners choose?

But when a mother is paying $1500 for a pair of shoes what's $500 for a pair of Jordans for the 14 year old child? ;)
Don’t know about the red ball, but PF Flyers were the very first shoe company to sign a star basketball player to an endorsement deal when they signed Bob Cousy to promote PF Flyers in 1958……and the rest is history.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
redball-shoes-red-ball-black-high-top-wing-for-sale-philippines-jets-rare-tennis-w-original-un...jpg

Reaction Score
Don’t know about the red ball, but PF Flyers were the very first shoe company to sign a star basketball player to an endorsement deal when they signed Bob Cousy to promote PF Flyers in 1958……and the rest is history.
PF Flyers. Makes you run faster and jump higher! I think I got my first pair at the "outlet store" in Naugatuck, back in 1966.

Reaction Score
Interesting article on Bloomberg this morning talking about the new NIL laws, and how companies are springing up (specifically mentioned OpenSponsorship and Playbooked) that will connect student-athletes with marketing, branding, and sponsorships in one centralized place. Sounds like a portal or sorts where players put their names in, and all of the participating firms who have the cash to spend can see who and what is available essentially commoditizing the players. Something like this should make it easy for the players to gauge what they are worth and immediately capitalize on it. Here's a link (didn't make me pay or sign up to read):

Reaction Score
I honestly don't think there's going to be that much of a demand for college players in big commercial national campaigns, especially if they have to dissociate from their schools. Most people know the players because of their school. Take Paige out of the UConn uniform and very few would know who she is or recognize her from any other college kid. That said, who knows what kind of shady back room deals will get made at P5 schools to attract/keep the top talent. Probably lots of football players getting paid $500k for a "car dealership commercial" in $EC country.

Don't understand that quote by Geno. How would we lose Paige? Has Paige made it clear to Geno that her playing for UConn is contingent on being able to make money on NIL? I think the place people need to pressure is the NCAA because if they don't move on this then that's that.
...Im from france,paige was and still my and my friends inspiration ,I start watching her when she was sophomore in her high school,I watched all her games, she's the reason to know about usa Basketball,I never heard about uconn or any teams but when she committee to uconn ,I searched and I knew everything related to usa women's Bakst..yeah she's the reason for me and for many friends for me from spain,africa ... to know about usa wbb

Last edited:

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
...Im from france,paige was and still my and my friends inspiration ,I start watching her when she was sophomore in her high school,I watched all her games, she's the reason to know about usa Basketball,I never heard about uconn or any teams but when she committee to uconn ,I searched and I knew everything related to usa women's Bakst..yeah she's the reason for me and for many friends for me from spain,africa ... to know about usa wbb
That's cool! Yeah, don't discount us int'l fans. I'm from SE Asia and, though I've heard of UConn from their Whitehouse visit when Obama was in office, I never really dove deep into UConn wbb and wbb in general until Paige. Now I love and appreciate UConn and wbb more than ever. And you bet I'm going to cop a pair of whatever sneaker brand she's going to sign with (if and when it happens).

Reaction Score
I believe this NIL opportunities passage is a , 'COACHES NIGHTMARE'! I do not believe it encourages team unity on any team!

Reaction Score
That's cool! Yeah, don't discount us int'l fans. I'm from SE Asia and, though I've heard of UConn from their Whitehouse visit when Obama was in office, I never really dove deep into UConn wbb and wbb in general until Paige. Now I love and appreciate UConn and wbb more than ever. And you bet I'm going to cop a pair of whatever sneaker brand she's going to sign with (if and when it happens).
me too she's awsome wish her the best ❤️ and good luck for her ,God bless her ❤️

Reaction Score
I never heard of the Lakers before I heard of Lebron. I never heard of the Yankees before I heard of Aaron Judge. I never heard of Barcelona before I heard of Messi. Never heard of Duke before Reddick or USC (Trojans) before Reggie Bush. I need to get out more.
As many of you can tell, I’m home bored today. Need to find a good Netflix series. Any recommendations.
Yellowstone from Paramount, with Kevin Costner as John Dutton. It's Old West meets the Modern World and it doesn't go well for either. The last episode of season three was particularly brutal for those who like senseless violence.... Probably can binge the first three seasons before the fourth season starts. It usually started on Father's Day.

Here's a teaser: 'Yellowstone' Star Jefferson White Just Broke His Silence on the Season 4 Release Date

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom