PAC dysfunction | Page 7 | The Boneyard

PAC dysfunction

Reaction Score
"There are numerous liabilities, but one cast a larger shadow than all the others: an antitrust lawsuit against the NCAA and the Power 5 conferences filed by former Arizona State swimmer Grant House on behalf of thousands of former athletes. The lawsuit seeks
1) back pay for name, image and likeness opportunities and
2) a 10% share of the massive media rights deals between TV networks and the conferences.
The case was recently elevated to class status, meaning the damages could climb into the billions. A trial is set for January 2025 — after the Pac-12’s departing schools have left for other leagues."
"“The departing schools have not committed to a plan for addressing the liabilities,” a source said. “If there’s a judgment (in the House case), the named entities would be responsible. And the Pac-12 is a named defendant.”"

Reaction Score
This Oregon article gives a scathing review of the PAC-12 Network, as Oregon was featured on the Big Ten Network in ways it never was featured before..........

Winner: Big Ten Network​

The Pac-12 officially died on Wednesday with the announcement that Oregon State and Washington State would be joining the West Coast Conference in basketball and all other non-football/baseball sports. The Big Ten Network spent the next several hours dancing on the grave.

If you were someone who was tuned in on Wednesday, there’s a good chance that you spent the early hours of the afternoon watching the Big Ten Network’s live recruiting show. It featured in-depth analysis of commitments, signings, and player fits on new teams, not to mention detailed interviews with a number of coaches in the conference.

It was, let’s say…different, from what we’ve seen from the Pac-12 Network over the years.

The lack of quality programming on the Pac-12 Network was obviously not the sole reason for the conference’s destruction, but it certainly exemplifies the shortcomings of the conference as a whole.

I think a lot of Oregon fans saw a glimpse of what the Big Ten era is going to look like on Wednesday, with the quality of content on full display. It was a nice change of pace, if I do say so myself.

Reaction Score
weird for people to brag about national signing day and act like the P12 is failing to cover it when there's no longer a PAC-12 to sign on to.

Reaction Score
The PAC-2 has done a pretty good job in the conference collapse. They won control of the conference and assets, they negotiated a 2 year grace period with the NCAA, a 2 year schedule with the WCC for all sports except football and baseball, and a 1 year football agreement with the MW with an additional 1 year option.

With the legal work behind them and a 2 year interim plan, the PAC-2 can now get to work rebuilding the PAC.

I still favor an 8 team full member PAC plus 7 east coast football affiliate members UConn, UMass, Army, Navy, Temple, Nova, UD

Reaction Score
The PAC-2 has done a pretty good job in the conference collapse. They won control of the conference and assets, they negotiated a 2 year grace period with the NCAA, a 2 year schedule with the WCC for all sports except football and baseball, and a 1 year football agreement with the MW with an additional 1 year option.

With the legal work behind them and a 2 year interim plan, the PAC-2 can now get to work rebuilding the PAC.

I still favor an 8 team full member PAC plus 7 east coast football affiliate members UConn, UMass, Army, Navy, Temple, Nova, UD
I'm pretty sure that we will see The Pac 2 fully absorb the MWC at the end of this two-year scheduling arrangement. They won't make anything close to P5 Money, but at least there will still be a reputable conference on the left coast. They could stay at 14 or possibly look down the food chain to CUSA for a school like NMSU or test the waters with some FCS call ups, should any western schools be considering the move.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that we will see The Pac 2 fully absorb the MWC at the end of this two-year scheduling arrangement. They won't make anything close to P5 Money, but at least there will still be a reputable conference on the left coast. They could stay at 14 or possibly look down the food chain to CUSA for a school like NMSU or test the waters with some FCS call ups, should any western schools be considering the move.

That would be the PAC-2 taking on 12 for a 14 team conference. I think they can be more selective.

If they take on six for an eight team full conference, they can avoid diluting by not bringing on the weakest. They can afford to be selective if the strengthen the football numbers with affiliate members.

Reaction Score
I think the ACC invites Washington State and Oregon State after the upcoming mass exodus. This will give Cal and Stanford additional west coast partners. How ironic that Cal and Stanford won’t have any of the assets of the PAC-12 that the other two will have.

Reaction Score
I think the ACC invites Washington State and Oregon State after the upcoming mass exodus. This will give Cal and Stanford additional west coast partners. How ironic that Cal and Stanford won’t have any of the assets of the PAC-12 that the other two will have.
It would be ironic, but it would also be pocket change to them

Hondo 77

The voice of reason
Reaction Score

Nova? You’ve got to be kidding me.

Reaction Score

This is not in the interest of the PAC leftovers

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn?
Lol, it's your imaginary conference. You can put them in or not. You included them in your post and you're talking about it UConn board, but if you've changed your mind that's fine too.

Reaction Score
Lol, it's your imaginary conference. You can put them in or not. You included them in your post and you're talking about it UConn board, but if you've changed your mind that's fine too.
You are correct!

The PAC would be better off with the arrangement (avoid dilution, build back to 8 full members, plus an East Coast balance for a TV contract).

UConn would obviously benefit with a real football path to complement the Big East membership.

But there are those that would look at UConn as an undesirable FBS doormat.

Why not question UD? Maybe because they already announced a move to FBS.

Nova? It’s a fair question, but not such a stretch from UMass, UConn, and UD.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You are correct!

The PAC would be better off with the arrangement (avoid dilution, build back to 8 full members, plus an East Coast balance for a TV contract).

UConn would obviously benefit with a real football path to complement the Big East membership.

But there are those that would look at UConn as an undesirable FBS doormat.

Why not question UD? Maybe because they already announced a move to FBS.

Nova? It’s a fair question, but not such a stretch from UMass, UConn, and UD.
You're replying to me but talking about your discussions with other posters. I don't have an opinion about your fantasy football conference, or particularly care about it one way or the other.

Reaction Score
You're replying to me but talking about your discussions with other posters. I don't have an opinion about your fantasy football conference, or particularly care about it one way or the other.
That is the context with the other posters. You replied to me!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom