PAC 12 thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

PAC 12 thread

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It's notable that USC is without A. Pili tonight. This isn't the kind of game where you want to be without a star. Anyone know why she's out?

Has she played at all this season? I know she missed a game, I think it was against LMU.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Wazzu playing Stanford in Vegas on Tuesday, Washington on Sunday. Good news for Stanford.
Futher update: Unfortunately WSU cancelled that game after all, as well as their game against Cal, due to too few players available. Washington is still on for Sunday and UNLV Saturday.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think Cal is pretty bad this year, so won't read too much into it, but the Huskies thumped them 80-53. It was close until Q4, Dawgs outscored them 30-13. I'm almost certain that is the biggest winning margin for UW in a conference game during the Coach Wynn era.

She wasn't a big name recruit, but Tameiya Sadler has been consistently good for UW. 20+ in the last 2 games, 8-11 from the floor tonight.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Futher update: Unfortunately WSU cancelled that game after all, as well as their game against Cal, due to too few players available. Washington is still on for Sunday and UNLV Saturday.
Where's the dislike button?

Reaction Score
Arizona State showing off what it does best in holding the Women of Troy to 5 points in the 2nd Quarter and finding some semblance of offense to take a 36-28 lead into the half.
This was a solid defensive effort by the Sun Devils. I do remember last year in Tempe Rogers was a real thorn in the side of the Devils

ASU freshman really played well in this game. This may be the high watermark of the season for ASU at 4 and 0. UCLA is going to be a very tough game and as the pack season unfolds it'll be very interesting to see how the freshman on our roster react.

Simmons continues to impress. My concern is Iris Mbubito who doesn't seem to have progressed much from last year. In particular she continues to turn the ball over (5 times against SC) often at very critical junctures in the game.

CTT is really getting the rotation going. All 10 players played 10 plus minutes. Everyone who played rebounded and aside from Iris turnovers were at a minimum.

I also think Eboni Walker is much more effective coming off the bench. She's got a great motor and like many of the Devils and uncanny ability to hit the offensive boards.

During this rebuilding season CTT is going to have an opportunity to coach up and season the freshman so the future really is looking bright in Tempe.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

"The Washington State women's basketball team will not travel this weekend to face California for its season-opening game, Sunday, Dec. 6, nor its following game Tuesday, Dec. 8 against Stanford. Both games have been postponed. The decision was made under the Pac-12's basketball policy as Washington State does not have the minimum number of scholarship student-athletes (7) available for the games due to COVID-19 protocol and associated contact tracing."

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Thanks for starting this thread. Huge PAC 12 fan here....USC. Looking forward to reading some comments and sharing some comments.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
If Utah wants to make a statement this year that it is in-fact improving, beating ASU at home tonight is paramount. Sometimes watchin this Utes team I think, yeah they are pretty good and other time I think, um, no they have a ways to go...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Utah has pretty much stunk since they beat Oregon St.

Reaction Score
As weve said before, this is the worst Beavs team in a long time sadly

It’s a little surprising to me. With Jones, Corosdale, and Mack, you have plenty of decent size. Mack seems to have been a non-factor so far, though.

Haven’t seen enough of Goforth yet to make an analysis. Goodman is solid but has been inconsistent throughout her career, imo.

OSU feels to have taken a step back from its place as a top ten program (2016-2018, roughly) and now feels more like a borderline top 20. Just doesn’t seem to be enough firepower this year. That said, I’d be surprised if the Beavs don’t improve immensely. Rueck is a very good, if perhaps old-fashioned, basketball coach.

Reaction Score
When has he not had a great interview?
Who said he didn't unless you are up the school up the road. They know why players like to come to Oregon......charisma verses vanilla.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It's early, but the top 5 and the bottom 6 are separating really quickly, w/ only ASU inbetween.*

* I don't think WSU is going to stay in the top 6, but they are 2-0 at the moment. I also really don't think USC is going to stay in last place, but they are 0-4.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Not sure is @Shades will post an OSU-UW thread or not as that to me, is a keystone game to determine if OSU has really hit bottom or if they have just work out some kinks. If this game is close, I think the Beavers are in rebuild mode and could be in jeopardy of not making the tournament. Curious what our OSU/UW fan thinks-what say you sage of the Northwest WCBB hoop seen? What say you? @nwhoopfan :)

Reaction Score
This is a feisty Washington State team. It's a shame they lost Murekerete to foul trouble early, but....I'm loving how they're playing so far this season despite losing two all time leaders in Hristova and Molina.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Damn game was cancelled! Either my life is in need of some help as I was looking forward to this game, or I have become attached to Northwest WCBB...damn you @nwhoopfan, DAMN YOU! ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom