PAC 12 thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PAC 12 thread

Reaction Score
I love to watch the freshman guard Te-Hina PaoPao with the ball in her hands. I watched a YouTube of her doing a workout with a trainer 6 months ago and was upset that Geno did not get her to come here. Playing time for her might have been a problem but i wanted her anyway.

Reaction Score
Oregon Ducks pulled away in the third quarter, but let's remember Portland is playing the whole game without their leader and best player, PG Haylee Andrews.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Big loss, but I'd say Alex Fowler is their best player.

I was going to say the same. Haylee Andrews is fabulous, but I think Alex Fowler is their best.

Reaction Score
I can't find the info anywhere, but why is Andrews out for Portland?

Reaction Score
Oregon Ducks pulled away in the third quarter, but let's remember Portland is playing the whole game without their leader and best player, PG Haylee Andrews.
Let’s also remember that they are not a NAIA school where every power five should win by about 60 points over those types of cream puffs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let’s also remember that they are not a NAIA school where every power five should win by about 60 points over those types of cream puffs.
Ok, if so you say so chief. I agree Oregon State did underperform the expectations of some folks in that game.

Reaction Score
Ok, if so you say so chief. I agree Oregon State did underperform the expectations of some folks in that game.
But to imply somehow the PG was the difference uhh right. Besides we don’t use the term chief anymore.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
My take: I'm optimistic that Oregon will be a very good team this season, but not yet. Maybe mid-season or so. Given 8 new players, 7 of whom have never played a college game, as well as the lack of practice time as a team due to all of the COVID-19 restrictions, expecting at this point anything close to the polished machine we saw last year just isn't realistic, and I say this despite the obvious wealth of talent on the roster. The two players who look like they will be getting the most time at the point guard position are (very talented) freshmen (PaoPao and Scherr), Nyara Sabally looks really good (to me) athletically but is clearly rusty after two years of rehabbing, the other freshmen are, well, freshmen, etc., etc. Prince is certainly the real deal, Boley looks like a completely different player (in a good way) from the last two years, and Mikesell will give her a run for her money from outside, but this team is clearly a work in progress, and will be for some time. But once things get sorted, they will be a very tough out.

Reaction Score
Hearing OSU WBB has scheduled a game for Thursday, Dec. 3. I believe a West Coast Conference Team.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Stanford WBB program is in a world of hurt given Santa Clara County's latest shut-down to all sports for next 3 weeks. Rumored that Stanford Football Team is relocating to somewhere in the Pacific Northwest (OR/WA). I wonder if the Stanford WBB Program will consider?
I mentioned this somewhere else, but I don't see any other option for Stanford — either relocate or cancel.

As of last night, the Pac-12 site was still showing "TBD" for all conference games on Friday and Sunday except those at ASU and UA. But this morning I see they finally scheduled times for the remaining games, including the two games at Maples vs. WSU and UW. Not sure how they think that'll be pulled off.

Reaction Score
I mentioned this somewhere else, but I don't see any other option for Stanford — either relocate or cancel.

As of last night, the Pac-12 site was still showing "TBD" for all conference games on Friday and Sunday except those at ASU and UA. But this morning I see they finally scheduled times for the remaining games, including the two games at Maples vs. WSU and UW. Not sure how they think that'll be pulled off.

I see that the San Francisco 49ers have relocated to Arizona for games over the next two weeks as well as practice. As I understand it the ban is for Santa Clara County and not the surrounding counties in the Northern California area. Certainly makes logistics a challenge for these teams.

Reaction Score
Stanford will play UNLV in Las Vegas on Saturday, with more info to come on the rest of their schedule. Nice little game for Stanford against someone who knows their lineup pretty darn well in Lindy La Rocque!

Plebe

Reaction Score
Stanford will play UNLV in Las Vegas on Saturday, with more info to come on the rest of their schedule. Nice little game for Stanford against someone who knows their lineup pretty darn well in Lindy La Rocque!
So I suppose this means that they're either postponing or canceling their Friday and Sunday games against WSU and UW.

This post to Stanford's website says "alternate dates and sites are being considered".

Reaction Score
So I suppose this means that they're either postponing or canceling their Friday and Sunday games against WSU and UW.

This post to Stanford's website says "alternate dates and sites are being considered".

That's correct! I think they're working on figuring out the best path forward for the Pac-12 as a whole. I think we can expect more information in the next day or so with the path forward hopefully.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well, you wouldn't know it from anything on Stanford's website or Twitter page (their online schedule is showing no changes), and I haven't seen anything official put out by the Pac-12 either, but Washington State announced the "indefinite postponement" of today's game vs. Stanford, and Washington announced that its Sunday game vs. Stanford will be played in Las Vegas.

Reaction Score
Arizona State showing off what it does best in holding the Women of Troy to 5 points in the 2nd Quarter and finding some semblance of offense to take a 36-28 lead into the half.

Reaction Score
It's notable that USC is without A. Pili tonight. This isn't the kind of game where you want to be without a star. Anyone know why she's out?

Reaction Score
That's followed up by E. Rogers tweaking her knee. It's not a good night to be a Trojan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom