PAC 12 final offer | Page 7 | The Boneyard

PAC 12 final offer

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That's the best one I've seen. It leaves out the super tiny name schools. I'd be interested for football, but basketball wouldn't be so hot. Also, Navy should probably be in there for viewership reasons.
It's ok except that we are in it. Gross.

Reaction Score
It's ok except that we are in it. Gross.
I agree, but it is a pretty solid football lineup. Take a look at our home football schedules for 24' and 25'. Not pretty.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I agree, but it is a pretty solid football lineup. Take a look at our home football schedules for 24' and 25'. Not pretty.
Terrible for other sports and the nothing would kill those programs faster. It isn't billed as "football only". That would be ok.

Reaction Score
I cannot believe ESPN offered 30 million and they sent Kliavkoff out to ask for 50 million. That is the epitome of brutality or at least self sabotage.

Reaction Score
Well Washington and Oregon got much more and Colorado, AS, ASU and Utah got their $30+ anyway. So some of them knew what they were doing. WS, OS, Cal and Stanford are scrambling and if two get to ACC then they are also at the $30 or so. WS and OS are the guys who seem to have the worst of it.

Reaction Score
It seems more like a textbook example of ESPN misinformation.
How so? We have PAC people saying they turned down 30 million from ESPN and asked for 50 instead. The WSU AD stated the conference was grossly mismanaged for a decade. The ESPN offer ended up being higher than the Apple offer, though if i was them i would have taken the Apple offer since it gave them an out after 2 years if they weren't making as much as the Big12 with subs. Much like the BE FB conference in its final days you had people within the conference working behind the scenes to bring about the conference's demise. In this case it was OU/UW whose end goal was always the B1G.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Basketball wouldn't be so hot? It would be an epic disaster.
As in, worse than the American at its start. A steaming pile.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Some of the people in this thread are reading this right, but not all. At USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington, the schools were never going to accept ESPN's offer.

So to say this is just dunderheaded presidents is a convenient excuse for them.

If anything, Oregon and Washington were hoping the Pac12 dissolved into the B12. They knew for a very long time they were getting out, but they didn't want to be the ones to kill it.

When the meeting happened, the chips were finally on the table.

There is no alternate universe where USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington had more realistic presidents who knew college sports and therefore read the marketplace correctly, and accepted ESPN's offer.

We're all here discussing FSU squeezing ACC members into giving it bigger shares. It was the same dynamic in the B12 and the Pac12. The big schools simply wanted a lot more.

Reaction Score
So OSU and WSU are in an interesting position as the last two programs remaining. Mountain West, AAC, or a reverse merger in the PAC.

"But how the eventual alignment shakes out is a source of great intrigue because the assets, out-year revenues, and broader marketplace value of the Pac-12 -- as a legal entity and brand name -- are worth millions. Not, WSU President Kirk Schulz tells Cougfan.com, the potential $400 million of early media report, but still in the millions."

"As such, Wilner and former Fox News president Bob Thompson, among others, say a reverse merger or some other legal twist with the Mountain West seems on tap so the Cougars and Beavers don't lose that value, which they would lose if they simply joined one of those other conferences as a regular member."

Reaction Score
Some of the people in this thread are reading this right, but not all. At USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington, the schools were never going to accept ESPN's offer.

So to say this is just dunderheaded presidents is a convenient excuse for them.

If anything, Oregon and Washington were hoping the Pac12 dissolved into the B12. They knew for a very long time they were getting out, but they didn't want to be the ones to kill it.

When the meeting happened, the chips were finally on the table.

There is no alternate universe where USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington had more realistic presidents who knew college sports and therefore read the marketplace correctly, and accepted ESPN's offer.

We're all here discussing FSU squeezing ACC members into giving it bigger shares. It was the same dynamic in the B12 and the Pac12. The big schools simply wanted a lot more.
I've said from the beginning this was an inside job. Really sent Kliavkoff back to ask for 50 million? Pffft. Buying time till the implosion came.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom