P5 Invite Poll | Page 4 | The Boneyard

P5 Invite Poll

When Will UConn Receive a P5 Invite This Year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Is today the day we finally hear something ? As Tom Petty sang….., the waiting is the hardest part

Reaction Score
Is today the day we finally hear something ? As Tom Petty sang….., the waiting is the hardest part
Happy end of the fiscal year to all university administrators waiting for this day to make decisions. I need decisions to be made soon. My productivity has dropped to near zero. Good thing I’m a teacher on summer break. However, my HoneyDo list isn’t getting done by itself.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The next Board of Trustees meeting is on July 12.

I see for the last meeting that Dave Benedict requested $600,000 more for Event Staffing Services for the next two years.

Purpose
Management and staffing for events on the Storrs campus, regional campuses (if needed), inclusive of athletic events and commencement. Amend to increase contract value by $600,000, for total new contract value of $1,500,000. Contract term remains the same. Two extensions of one year each remain. Contract increase is requested to cover anticipated costs and any unforeseen needs that arise.

If I'm reading it right, that's almost doubling the amount spent on events on an annual basis. Why would that increase be needed?

It's Item 3 on the chart:

Reaction Score
The next Board of Trustees meeting is on July 12.

I see for the last meeting that Dave Benedict requested $600,000 more for Event Staffing Services for the next two years.

Purpose
Management and staffing for events on the Storrs campus, regional campuses (if needed), inclusive of athletic events and commencement. Amend to increase contract value by $600,000, for total new contract value of $1,500,000. Contract term remains the same. Two extensions of one year each remain. Contract increase is requested to cover anticipated costs and any unforeseen needs that arise.

If I'm reading it right, that's almost doubling the amount spent on events on an annual basis. Why would that increase be needed?

It's Item 3 on the chart:

One piece of the explanation is likely the increase in number of basketball/hockey games on campus as opposed to XL Center.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
So it doesn't look like there will an announcement today. Does anyone know what notice the new Big East requires for exit? If we announced on July 15 would we be bound until July 1, 2025. I imagine everything is negotiable. We're not in some stupid San Diego State situation.

But looks like we'll be holding our breath until next June.

Reaction Score
Guessing they’d be on the hook for 30 mil unless negotiated. Cross that bridge when (if) they get there.

Reaction Score
So it doesn't look like there will an announcement today. Does anyone know what notice the new Big East requires for exit? If we announced on July 15 would we be bound until July 1, 2025.
That’s okay… the new B12 Media deal w/ Fox/ESPN doesn’t kick in until July 2025

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom