P5 Invite Poll | Page 3 | The Boneyard

P5 Invite Poll

When Will UConn Receive a P5 Invite This Year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Saw in interesting post on the cuse board regarding UNC which to me makes a lot of sense. I know money drives everything but Texas going to the SEC makes no sense to me. It's a football school but has been struggling in the Big 12. Now to the SEC?

UNC on the other hand is a basketball school. I don't know if it could happen given the GOR but who knows. Here's a blurb from the post:

"If UNC decides the ACC is their best home, I could see the ACC surviving as #3 for a very very long time. Even if FSU and Clemson were to leave the ACC can fill with USF and UConn/Temple and be totally fine. That would actually be an improvement in BBall."

Reaction Score
Did I read somewhere that we get to 40,000 for a sellout because of “standing room” and anyone that’s working in the building at the time? Is that true or imagined lol

This is accurate. We count 40k which includes stadium staff, the players, etc. There are 38k actual seats.

Reaction Score
Speaking of Baseball, Top 25 Rankings by conference:

SEC - 8
ACC - 4
Pac 12 - 3
Big 12 - 2
Big East - 1
AAC - 1
B1G - 1

The Big 12 should be doing better than just 2 programs. Big picture fellas.

GraveFixedFinwhale-max-1mb.gif

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Seating Configurations & Capabilities

• Football: 38,066
  • West End Stage: 34,000
Stadium Club

• 635 seats
  • 325 seat function room with upholstered seats
  • 38 Executive Suites with upholstered seats
38,066 is the seating capacity. When you add standing room you get to 40,000.

1686194351390.png

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Rule #1 should be an option because that's my choice. :(

Reaction Score
Well, anyway, we should know a bit more today or tomorrow, don't you think?

Reaction Score
It might be 11:05 or so. They have to make sure everyone is in their seats and call the meeting to order.
I don't think that Colorado's meeting is guaranteed to have any news at all. There are a lot of conference realignment amateurs connecting a lot of dots to lead to the conclusion they most hope for (more conference realignment news). For UConn's sake, I hope it does.. and I hope it's followed by news that UConn is joining the Big XII alongside the Buffs; but I am not counting on even Colorado to have a yes or no out of this meeting.

Reaction Score
It's fascinating to me because on paper the PAC 12 is a great group of programs which should be able to thrive as a conference, but the B1G cut its heart out taking the LA schools. The PAC could add Colorado State, Utah State, and some other MWC programs but that's a steep drop in quality. It could have even poached Kansas or Okie State if it had a crystal ball. But once your biggest programs leave, you are relegated. Colorado has to weigh leaving some great programs to rejoin a conference which it left just over a decade ago, a conference which at the time included Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, TAMU. That's a really tough choice.

Reaction Score
...There are a lot of conference realignment amateurs connecting a lot of dots to lead to the conclusion they most hope for (more conference realignment news). For UConn's sake, I hope it does.. and I hope it's followed by news that UConn is joining the Big XII alongside the Buffs...
Conference realignment amateurs letting the desired result taint my analysis of the situation -- that definitely describes me :)

Still, my gut tells me, based on my obviously biased read of what the tea leaves this month, that out of all the PAC-12 teams, Colorado wants out the most and the B12 wants them the most. They may be willing to jump without the final PAC12 media deal numbers. All must have a general idea by now.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
EDT, not EST.

I don't mean to be the "grammar police." Just a pet peeve and I think a lot of people don't know what the "S" is for (Standard). Gets confusing when Arizona is on MST right now, which is the same as PDT. I will stop with my nerd time zone stuff now.
I support you in your nerdism. If humans didn't indulge the nerd impulse things like flying and shaving would be far more dangerous.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
someone said that, when Colorado left the Big 12 the first time, they did the whole song and dance of "specific athletic matter" on a tuesday agenda, moved to friday, and they announced on thursday. grain of salt carwash etc etc etc

Reaction Score
Conference realignment amateurs letting the desired result taint my analysis of the situation -- that definitely describes me :)

Still, my gut tells me, based on my obviously biased read of what the tea leaves this month, that out of all the PAC-12 teams, Colorado wants out the most and the B12 wants them the most. They may be willing to jump without the final PAC12 media deal numbers. All must have a general idea by now.
I see the CO sentiment as very similar to the UConn sentiment to go to the NBE three years ago.

Reaction Score
It’s the Big12 question that everyone is thinking about - What happens with Men’s soccer in a move to the Big12? Drop soccer? Seek affiliated status in the AAC? Start an independent affiliation - Soccer East?

Reaction Score
So, we have a day and a half until 28.6% of us are wrong. I wonder when the new PAC12 GoR will take effect? Upon their new media agreement or before?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When I find it interesting about all of this is if the Pac 12 stays together in the four corner states all decide to stay with it, then the narrative of the relative value of the two conferences flips again and the big 12 comes off as looking like the less desirable alternative. I wonder whether the addition of UConn allows them to maintain their inertia as being a proactive forward-looking conference. Pick up UConn now and you position yourselves to be able to more easily pick up ACC defectors when their contract lapses since you already will have an established Northeast presence.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom