P. Achiuwa possible impact on the future of the program | Page 4 | The Boneyard

P. Achiuwa possible impact on the future of the program

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
That's true, but that's being disingenuous. I think it's clear that by 'starter', I'm talking the guy who actually gets the lion share of the minutes. Chuck started some games in name only. Same as Olander.

The effective 'starters' (ie the guys who actually played) were Roscoe and Oriakhi. And Carlton would not be taking minutes from those two. What'd Chuck average 10min a game?
Fair enough

Reaction Score
I think conference is the major factor. He thought we could never attract a coach like Hurley.
Being in the AAC definitely hurts basketball and football, not so much though for baseball. UConn will get an ACC invite next two or three years, especially if UConn football becomes less of a laughing stock and basketball starts camping out in the top 25 again. If Hurley signs Precious, and Edsall signs another couple recruiting classes, as well as top Juco and graduate transfers, like he just did, then UConn starts to achieve that. The other main reason P5 school presidents would want UConn, regardless of any athletic success, is for it's academics and it's ability to attract the smartest students. When you use that metric, UConn is light years ahead of other AAC schools. That being said, having a women's basketball coach who is the greatest coach ever in that sport AND a men's basketball coach who's father is in the basketball HOF and is also a de facto assistant coach, doesn't hurt either. If that ever happened and UConn left the AAC that league would become very unstable.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Being in the AAC definitely hurts basketball and football, not so much though for baseball. UConn will get an ACC invite next two or three years, especially if UConn football becomes less of a laughing stock and basketball starts camping out in the top 25 again. If Hurley signs Precious, and Edsall signs another couple recruiting classes, as well as top Juco and graduate transfers, like he just did, then UConn starts to achieve that. The other main reason P5 school presidents would want UConn, regardless of any athletic success, is for it's academics and it's ability to attract the smartest students. When you use that metric, UConn is light years ahead of other AAC schools. That being said, having a women's basketball coach who is the greatest coach ever in that sport AND a men's basketball coach who's father is in the basketball HOF and is also a de facto assistant coach, doesn't hurt either. If that ever happened and UConn left the AAC that league would become very unstable.
Yes but we cheat at an AAC level so we'll need to its step to ACC acceptability

Reaction Score
Just wanted to thank everyone for the feedback, I started this thread on Saturday morning just hoping to get a little analysis so I & we can have a better understanding of the player’s skill set & the overall current predicament of the program & you all came through above & beyond!!

Thanks again, much appreciated!!

Reaction Score
The other main reason P5 school presidents would want UConn, regardless of any athletic success, is for it's academics and it's ability to attract the smartest students.

Do you still believe in Santa Claus? Um, not saying he doesn't exist, just you know, you hear things.

Crazy as it sounds, there are some cynics out there who claim the only thing that matters is how many eyeballs your football team can attach to the screen.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Do you still believe in Santa Claus? Um, not saying he doesn't exist, just you know, you hear things.

Crazy as it sounds, there are some cynics out there who claim the only thing that matters is how many eyeballs your football team can attach to the screen.
No, I don't believe in Santa Claus, but do believe what an ACC school president told me two weeks ago. JMO, but cynics are cynics because no one will talk to them and cynics like you only hear things from other cynics. Lol

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
No, I don't believe in Santa Claus, but do believe what an ACC school president told me two weeks ago. JMO, but cynics are cynics because no one will talk to them and cynics like you only hear things from other cynics. Lol
You talked to an ACC school president 2 weeks ago who believes UConn will get an invite in the next 2 or 3 years?

Do tell.

Reaction Score
You talked to an ACC school president 2 weeks ago who believes UConn will get an invite in the next 2 or 3 years?

Do tell.
Not much else to tell, except that it's not just all about success in athletics. There are other factors.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Not much else to tell, except that it's not just all about success in athletics. There are other factors.
Why do I not believe you talked to an ACC president 2 weeks ago

Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be nice. We are due for some good news. Can you imagine that instead of an ACC North division they could call it the "Old Big East" division.
UCONN
BCU
PITT
CUSE
NOTRE DAME
MIAMI.
Who am I missing?

Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be nice. We are due for some good news. Can you imagine that instead of an ACC North division they could call it the "Old Big East" division.
UCONN
BCU
PITT
CUSE
NOTRE DAME
MIAMI.
Who am I missing?
Virginia Tech

Reaction Score
UCONN
BCU
PITT
CUSE
NOTRE DAME
MIAMI.
Who am I missing?
I guess you can throw Louisville in there as well since you would need two divisions of eight teams.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I gladly wear a dunce cap to our first acc football and basketball game if we get in. I love being wrong.

@Stainmaster

Jim Calhoun didn’t build UConn into a blue-blood program for betas like you to settle for anything less than the best long-term home possible.

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun didn’t build UConn into a blue-blood program for betas like you to settle for anything less than the best long-term home possible.
I think you got the wrong impression about me.

Reaction Score
Who’s “BCU” ? U mean BC? Lol. Never heard of BCU Just busting chops.

Reaction Score
Who’s “BCU” ? U mean BC? Lol. Never heard of BCU Just busting chops.
Goes to their fantastical belief that they’re bigger than a city College.

Reaction Score
I love the notion that a school’s president would pass conference realignment information along to someone so freely.

It might have been a rather intimate setting where the President felt comfortable about being very forthcoming.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom