P. Achiuwa possible impact on the future of the program | Page 5 | The Boneyard

P. Achiuwa possible impact on the future of the program

Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be nice. We are due for some good news. Can you imagine that instead of an ACC North division they could call it the "Old Big East" division.
UCONN
BCU
PITT
CUSE
NOTRE DAME
MIAMI.
Who am I missing?
Louisville. Virginia tech.

Reactions: pj

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I love the notion that a school’s president would pass conference realignment information along to someone so freely.
This and I have a tough time believing someone with a negative post to like ratio

Reaction Score
That's true, but that's being disingenuous. I think it's clear that by 'starter', I'm talking the guy who actually gets the lion share of the minutes. Chuck started some games in name only. Same as Olander.

The effective 'starters' (ie the guys who actually played) were Roscoe and Oriakhi. And Carlton would not be taking minutes from those two. What'd Chuck average 10min a game?

It sucks you're seemingly on an island here, because you're pretty much right up and down on everything.

I've seen him play twice and I honestly think people's expectations of him are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of what he actually is. I'd love to be wrong, but he's not a very good offensive player at all, really. Not right now at least. Shot selection is terrible, he's often out of control into the key and his decision making isn't great... but he's also athletic enough that sometimes he gets away with it.

He'll absolutely help - especially defensively where we need anything we can get right now... And he really changes the narrative on the recruiting trail almost completely. That's where his value is in the short term. Trying to get any projection out of him after that... at least from UConn's standpoint - it's hard to gage. I could totally see him being a three year superstar in college. I could also see him being a one and done sorta-contributor who slinks off to the pros as soon as possible. His pro upside is huge. His upside for us though? Eh, I dunno.

As for everything else... it really comes down to Carlton and maybe Diarra (I'm still optimistic for whatever reason)... I'm still with you, I think we get hosed down low even though it's probably not going to be as bad as it was this year.

Everything else is literally wish casting. Gilbert hasn't NOT been hurt a single year in college hoops (or the last few years prior) so it's hard to depend on that being healthy all year. Vital in theory should take a step forward, but he's def one of those guys who kind of is who he is. We don't have a primary scoring threat anywhere on the court with no Adams. At least not one that's identifiable, although I have a feeling Sid Wilson is going to be a huge piece of all that. Our youngsters will be a lot more talented, but they'll still be young and dumb....

I mean right now with or without Achiuwa, I see us having some higher peaks and lower valleys than this year... maybe finally getting over the hump and beating an Arizona or Florida... and then maybe also losing to a crappy team we shouldn't.... but this time - with the potential to hopefully get more dangerous as the year progresses. But really anything past that is an absolute hope floats kinda call. I'd say the pieces are def. there for it to hopefully progress into that all happening, but the realistic chances of it all happening at once are narnia.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
but do believe what an ACC school president told me two weeks ago.
acc.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom