Oz says Gilbert to Shockers | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Oz says Gilbert to Shockers

C

Chief00

I get it; I just have a hard time believing that Al and those with whom he is consulting, including Hurley, aren't very well aware of everything we know and more. I trust that they are in a much better position than we are to weigh the factors and come to a decision about what they think is best for him.

After all he's been through, and what a great guy--and great Husky--he seems to be, it just sticks in my craw to see so many people question his judgment for deciding to transfer; while so many others claim he had no choice and was shown the door; while still others question the wisdom of every single team that has been mentioned as a potential landing place for him. It's exhausting.

I just want the kid to do what makes him happy.

Agree, and a wild Chief speak guess, AG ending up at WSU wasn’t something Hurley wasn’t involved in. Both with AG and with Marshall.

Reaction Score
I hope they give AG some shooters. I think he'll do well at WSU and I'll certainly root for them next year. Oddly enough I used to root for them before they were in the AAC, I would like to see them continue to make the tournament. I've always enjoyed their style of play. I feel like it's ok to say that now. I certainly like them more than Cincinnati and Memphis.

C

Chief00

Marshall has a reputation for being a bit over the top with his players. Verbally. Don’t think that fits with Alterique.
I know Calhoun liked Al and Al liked him, so maybe somehow it might work? But, Al didn’t have to play for Jim nor did Jim have to coach Al.

C

Chief00

I hope they give AG some shooters. I think he'll do well at WSU and I'll certainly root for them next year. Oddly enough I used to root for them before they were in the AAC, I would like to see them continue to make the tournament. I've always enjoyed their style of play. I feel like it's ok to say that now. I certainly like them more than Cincinnati and Memphis.
From an X and O perspective, Marshall is a great coach. Chief enjoys watching WSU run his stuff.

Reaction Score
Yeah, a non coach shouldn’t brag about bringing someone to UConn. That shows a lack of understanding about the NCAA rules. There are reasons for vagueness. It serves us well.
He is bragging because it total bs. He bragged a lot but was wrong most of the time. He wanted to be recognized as an insider for some reason

Reaction Score
Re Oz I never got sense it was bag thing - just a guy that went to UConn & loved his school. I think he coaches some so he would be at events and had some connections to Rique. Let’s not assume it was nefarious. Oz bleeds blue although I know Ollie thing is tough like so many former Huskies.
Glad this staff doesn’t need help is the main thing to be happy about!

Reaction Score
WSU fan here.

Tyson Etienne is all in for next year and he's a shooter/maker. Around 40% from 3. Two players who transferred wanted to be "the guy". If Etienne was actually going to be "the guy" if he had his hands on the ball, that might explain why we had a lot of guards (no longer on the roster) whose first thought was to get a shot off if they got their hands on the ball.

To give some perspective, in one close game where the Shox were trying to hold on to a lead late in the game, Stevenson shot every time he got his hands on the ball in the last 3 minutes. He never made a pass. No one else took a shot in the last 3 minutes. Stevenson made 0 shots in those 3 minutes. Marshall had several "hero ball" conversations with the team.

Stevenson's game went completely off the rails after his antics in your gym. I'm confident he got an ass-chewing for disrespecting an opponent's fans and gym. He went into a major pout and had incredibly bad body language for weeks.

Dexter Dennis was a good shooter his Fr year, but struggled this year. If that was due to the locker room issues and he returns to form, he can hit from deep. Trey wade is "adequate" at 32% as a PF.

Then we have a mystery man. 6'10" Fr who took a redshirt due to being raw and some injuries. He can shoot 3's. He's shown a crossover going to a step-back 3 that he can hit. The question is whether he actually "knows" how to play ball at the level needed.

We had two perimeter guys with daddy issues. One of the daddys was in regular contact with Marshall providing guidance on how to best use his son. The other daddy was on social media going on and on about how Marshall was mistreating his son.

Too many players stacked in the same positions in classes too close together and too many players who were the self-appointed go to guy caused some locker room factions. It's pretty easy to see which players were in which factions.

C

Chief00

Re Oz I never got sense it was bag thing - just a guy that went to UConn & loved his school. I think he coaches some so he would be at events and had some connections to Rique. Let’s not assume it was nefarious. Oz bleeds blue although I know Ollie thing is tough like so many former Huskies.
Glad this staff doesn’t need help is the main thing to be happy about!
Unfortunately, OZ aligned with KO at the expense of anything else and that train went off the tracks. He did not appear to have any core principles of his own as far as UConn was concerned.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, OZ aligned with KO at the expense of anything else and that train went off the tracks. He did not appear to have any core principles of his own as far as UConn was concerned.
KO or OZ?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
WSU fan here.

Tyson Etienne is all in for next year and he's a shooter/maker. Around 40% from 3. Two players who transferred wanted to be "the guy". If Etienne was actually going to be "the guy" if he had his hands on the ball, that might explain why we had a lot of guards (no longer on the roster) whose first thought was to get a shot off if they got their hands on the ball.

To give some perspective, in one close game where the Shox were trying to hold on to a lead late in the game, Stevenson shot every time he got his hands on the ball in the last 3 minutes. He never made a pass. No one else took a shot in the last 3 minutes. Stevenson made 0 shots in those 3 minutes. Marshall had several "hero ball" conversations with the team.

Stevenson's game went completely off the rails after his antics in your gym. I'm confident he got an ass-chewing for disrespecting an opponent's fans and gym. He went into a major pout and had incredibly bad body language for weeks.

Dexter Dennis was a good shooter his Fr year, but struggled this year. If that was due to the locker room issues and he returns to form, he can hit from deep. Trey wade is "adequate" at 32% as a PF.

Then we have a mystery man. 6'10" Fr who took a redshirt due to being raw and some injuries. He can shoot 3's. He's shown a crossover going to a step-back 3 that he can hit. The question is whether he actually "knows" how to play ball at the level needed.

We had two perimeter guys with daddy issues. One of the daddys was in regular contact with Marshall providing guidance on how to best use his son. The other daddy was on social media going on and on about how Marshall was mistreating his son.

Too many players stacked in the same positions in classes too close together and too many players who were the self-appointed go to guy caused some locker room factions. It's pretty easy to see which players were in which factions.
Thank you.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
WSU fan here.

If you went on Stevenson’s Instagram live feed after the Hartford game he was running his mouth about UConn, the fans, the city, and how he was THE guy for the Shockers.

Toxic behavior!

Reaction Score
If you went on Stevenson’s Instagram live feed after the Hartford game he was running his mouth about UConn, the fans, the city, and how he was THE guy for the Shockers.

Toxic behavior!
Stevenson really came off as a jerk after that game. Seemed to be in total contrast to how respectful Marshall was after the game in the press conference, etc.

I really, really wanted UConn to stomp WSU in the AAC tournament. Would have been great revenge for that heartbreaker. I'm sure the team would have been fired up for it.

That said, I will have absolutely no issues rooting for Wichita next year if AG goes there.

Reaction Score

Toxic behavior!
Happen to have a link to this or does Instagram live mean it’s only live? Serious question.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Happen to have a link to this or does Instagram live mean it’s only live? Serious question.
It was live and viewable up to 24 hours after he posted it back in January. It’s since deleted.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Last time I was on social media Facebook was for college kids only and Lamont was going to be a senator.

In Connecticut that long ago huh?

Demond Wilson as Lamont Sanford Sanford And Son, 70s Tv Shows, Stars Then And Now, Red Fox, Classic Tv, Black History, Sons, Pictures, Photos

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
As for the OP and "will be official Wednesday", maybe Al Tarique hasn't comitted yet?

Reaction Score
Stevenson self-reported interest from 4 top-15 teams and Washington (5-13 - last in Pac-12). No scouting services reported a single offer. He ended up at Washington.

Alterique posted a 22-minute highlight video and did not commit to WSU on Wednesday as was speculated.

I can't see any reason for posting a new highlight vid if a decision had already been made. I'm obviously biased, but I think WSU is a great destination. Familiarity with opponents and new team's schemes and offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom