Overseas 2021-22 Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Overseas 2021-22 Thread

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Gabby also spoke to the French fans/BLMA after the game. Of course it was in French.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Kahleah Coppers last few weeks.--I google translated it to English and added a few things to make it clear.

Later, the coach of Perfumerías Avenida wanted to value what one of his players had experienced in recent weeks to explain that his leadership capacity is what stands out among his players. He was referring to Kahleah Copper . "A lot of people don't know what they're doing. Only the teammates really. Her brother dies before the Euroleague quarterfinals and she goes to the United States to be with her family in Philadelphia and take care of everything. She organizes everything and He comes back to play the first game and plays it as well as he can, with jet lag and a difficult mood. It's a game vs Araski's and she can't play, she can't be found and I meet her and let her rest and sleep because she was exhausted and her cousin died, who was almost like a sister. And she spends two very f-cked up days that I thought she was leaving and not coming back. She decides to stay to play the second game and gives it her all without sleeping because she was knackered, she plays the third and returns to the United States because to be with herself in peace she needs to be with her family. They are two very fat sticks(not sure what this means, I assume he means they were close) and she does not understand why this is happening to her ".

After that, to understand her situation, " the Cup arrives(The Queens Cup, final today, Sun Mar 27th). She leaves on last Sunday and returns after taking care of everything there, the funeral . kiss and we'll bring her. She played in the game without training, she played today and she's going to play tomorrow . For me, when we talk about leadership, that's leadership. Whatever we do tomorrow, I have a great group, everyone leads with him example. We have experienced, as is happening a bit to Valencia with injuries, that misfortunes follow each other. The group unites, fights and I am very proud of them. We are in the final, which is always Avenida's goal, to play finals and there are small details".

Íñiguez y el reconocimiento al compromiso de sus jugadoras representado en Kahleah Copper: "Eso es liderazgo"

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Even going through the above stuff, Kah helped Avenida win Copa Reina(The Queens Cup). Spains top tournament for their top league teams. Copper had 15 points, 5 rebounds and 2 steals.
But at the end of the game she got to meet one of the junior Avenida players, who participated in the Mini Copa, and gave her a gift.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Congrats to Perfumerias Avenida on winning the Queen's Cup, and my great admiration for Kahleah and how she is managing to deal with two terrible tragedies.

I have followed Avenida pretty closely since Lou joined them last season. I know she is not with them now and has not been for well over a month, and was actually at a UConn game in late February. I am hopeful that she will rejoin the team but that seems less and less likely time goes by. I hope she is healthy.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
My wish has come true. The Euroleague FF is this Friday and Sunday in Turkey. I dont know what shape she is in, but for a team, Avenida, that is exhausted from lack of healthy players and being overworked, Lou is a big plus back on the court.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
To be clear, Lou is not playing?
She is back in Spain and practicing with the team. I spoke to her mum and she said she can play. Not sure how many minutes, since she hasnt played in just over 2 months, but even 15-20 minutes would be helpful.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
In Euro Cup FF results, both teams from Turkey, Mersin(Tif Hayes) and Galatasary(Kelsey Plum) blew big leads to lose games.
Finals tomorrow are Reyer(Italy) vs Bourges(France). Bourges is the host team.

Euro Cup games for teams that did not qualify for Euroleague, or teams who finished either 5th and 6th in Euroleague regular League standings and thus advance to the Euro Cup Quarterfinals.

Note: IMO, the Mersin fans are the most obnoxious WBB fans in Europe. Late in todays game, a Mersin supporter threw a plastic water bottle late in the game at a Reyer player who was set to take free throws. They tossed the person out.

Box scores of todays games are linked below
Mersin

Galatasary

Reaction Score
Wow, Gabby looks better than ever, I just love how her game has grown and evolved.

Gabby attacking the basket has always been a thing of beauty. :D:D:D

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
3rd place game for the Euro Cup teams today at 11am EDT
CBK Mersin(Tif Hayes) vs Galatasaray(Kelsey Plum)

I will bump the Euro League FF game for tomorrow for Avenida(Lou) vs Sopron(Gabby and Stef), That game starts at 10am EDT on Friday morning.
Based on the box score. Tiffany Hayes does not seem to be playing :confused::confused::confused: and they could use her. Down 57-40 after 3Q

Reaction Score
Tango Bourges has won it all in Eurocup (the little european cup)

Notice that UCONN have 5 alumnae in 3 of the 4 teams in EuroLeague Final Four
Katie Lou Samuelson with Perfumerias Avenida Salamanca (Spain), Gabby Williams & Stefanie Dolson with Sopron (Hungary) and Bria Hartley & Kiah Stokes with Fernerbahce Istanbul (Turkey).
The two UCONN alumnae playing for France WNT still in the hunt, really happy.

Fenerbahce is the heavy favorite for the overall title now that UMMC Ekaterinburg has been hold back.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Bump for game links

Avenida v Sopron at 10am EDT

Fenerbahce v Praha at 1pm EDT

Reaction Score
In Semi-final # 1, Sopron beat Salamanca 74/69

Katie Lou = 9 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal in 19min54
Gabby = 13 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals in 32min13
Stefanie = 4 points, 4 rebounds, 1 steal in 17 min 36

Reaction Score
EuroLeague semi-final # 2, Fenerbahce came from ten points behind late in Q3 to win 83/74

Bria = 10 points, 3 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals in 26 min 42
Kiah = 3 min 57

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I cant see Sopron beating Fenerbahce.

I think Avenida will try hard in the 3rd place game, Praha might not be as motivated after blowing a big lead.

We shall see.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In Semi-final # 1, Sopron beat Salamanca 74/69

Katie Lou = 9 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal in 19min54
Gabby = 13 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals in 32min13
Stefanie = 4 points, 4 rebounds, 1 steal in 17 min 36
As a Liberty fan, I am worried about Stephanie Dolson. Not sure what her situation was this off season but she did not look to be in WNBA shape and was beaten again and again on the defensive end. :oops:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Was hoping Avenida would win for obvious reasons (see my avatar) but at least it seems Kah played well. Still think Final 4 is a good showing given Avenida's overall talent level.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
As a Liberty fan, I am worried about Stephanie Dolson. Not sure what her situation was this off season but she did not look to be in WNBA shape and was beaten again and again on the defensive end. :oops:
I think she was housesitting for the Vanderquigs before joining Sopron.

Even an in shape Dolson gets beat fairly frequently on D. I assume the Liberty signed her for her offensive skills with the idea that Howard can cover for her a bit on D.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The Next with coverage on both semis:

https://www./international/euroleag...ap-sopron-avenida-fenerbahce-praha-semifinal/

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The King (LeBron, that is) was watching (at least) one of these games:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member