Our ladies game | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Our ladies game

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Size and lousy rebounding is what beat UConn today. UConn needed more depth in the front court and was outplayed completely in the first half. It was like they were reading they're press clippings.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I feel like Chong got in her own head there as the senior who rode the bench for three years. Her moment finally..etc.

Absolutely insane move to drive with 13 seconds left. Stuff middle schoolers know not to do.
Yes, like she was trying to seize the moment. I guess the play was to drive and dish to a shooter, but MSU did a great job staying on everyone beyond the arc all night. Still, that's the shot you take with a 5 footer guarding you?

Reaction Score
In the very few close games they play, they completely unravel.

This was not the first time a UConn player could have held for the last shot in a Final 4 game and didn't. Same thing about in the 2012 Final 4 vs Notre Dame. TWICE.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Soniya still has three rings so...

Reaction Score
In the very few close games they play, they completely unravel.

This was not the first time a UConn player could have held for the last shot in a Final 4 game and didn't. Same thing about in the 2012 Final 4 vs Notre Dame. TWICE.

They looked scared throughout the game. A team stepped up and punched them and suddenly the machine wasn't working as well as normal. Not a bunch of wide open looks from 3 and not a lot of open lay ins.

Rough game to watch quite honestly not because they lost but because it was really ugly.

Reaction Score
Chong playing hero ball with the game on the line like Carlton in that Fresh Prince of Bel-Air episode. Cost them a 5th straight championship. Damn.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Chong playing hero ball with the game on the line like Carlton in that Fresh Prince of Bel-Air episode. Cost them a 5th straight championship. Damn.

Great episode and some legendary tv basketball scenes.

I'd say I jinxed em but they seemed to be playing off all night. Gabby made a few amazing plays like always, but then followed it up with a couple mistakes, missed open looks, etc.

Reaction Score
I will say this, the stripes did swallow the whistle and make 2 very awful calls down the stretch of regulation which hurt. The foul call on Gabby for her 4th was a bail out and a horrendous call. After that they went to the other end and Collier was ridden out of bounds and fouled by Chief Parrish or whatever her name is. Very critical calls with UConn somewhat in the drivers seat.

Reaction Score
I will say this, the stripes did swallow the whistle and make 2 very awful calls down the stretch of regulation which hurt. The foul call on Gabby for her 4th was a bail out and a horrendous call. After that they went to the other end and Collier was ridden out of bounds and fouled by Chief Parrish or whatever her name is. Very critical calls with UConn somewhat in the drivers seat.
I thought that was greg oden.

Reaction Score
Nice;)

Give her credit made big plays right?
Indeed. Happy she didn't injure herself. Gabby ,as fine as she is , really showed what she is all about,giving up almost afoot and 150 lbs. gabby has the exact game as grant hill for an uber athletic woman

Reaction Score
1.) To me - I saw the women's team play 12 times in person, because my 7 year old daughter wouldn't have it any other way... and I mean - this team would go through 5-6 minute hunks of time where they checked out. Or lost their place in the book. Or forgot their lines. They'd do it when they were up 30, so no one would notice. There were just extended stretches of that tonight.

2.) Kind of a classic example of lots of talent, not enough leadership on the team. Gabby Williams was a sage tonight - but Katie Lou, Kia Nurse and Collier kept looking to each other to see who else would step up. And no one did. Collier just had an atrocious game. Katie did one of her space trips. Kia just looked.... overwhelmed tonight - and I don't usually see that from her.

3.) Just nip and tuck 'lose yourself a game' kind of stuff. Missed a lot of open shots. Missed layups. Missed free throws. That's what happens.

4.) I AM NOT A SAGE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM, but I - no joke - saw maybe... 4 or 5 other non-UConn women's basketball games and 3 of them had Mississippi State in them. Electric PG. Huge womenz up front. Well coached and waaaaaay to stupid to know they shouldn't be playing as well as they were. Usually a good combination.

So good on MSU. But Gino called this in December. They were an immature team. It finally caught up to them.

Reaction Score

Ugh, stop with the ref crap. Yes, they sucked, but it's not even reason #6 why UConn lost or Mississippi State won.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They looked scared throughout the game. A team stepped up and punched them and suddenly the machine wasn't working as well as normal. Not a bunch of wide open looks from 3 and not a lot of open lay ins.

Rough game to watch quite honestly not because they lost but because it was really ugly.

No worries. Break out the sticks in the morning, place a nice 18 and move on.

Reaction Score
They played scared all night and choked. Pressure got to them. Stupid plays, turnovers, missed shots and God knows what Chong was thinking on that last drive. MSU took it from them because they couldn't step up when they needed to. But, all great runs come to an end somewhere sometime. They will be back.

Reaction Score
No worries. Break out the sticks in the morning, place a nice 18 and move on.

You're hilarious Chin. I have 3 inches of overnight crap which will not allow me to play tomorrow in 56 degree weather. Courses were ready to open up here, late too, and they got hit again.. I've been heading to RI to play with the boys played Thursday actually because we weren't quite ready here in WesMass but while the women were gagging then snow was making it's way for one last laugh hopefully of us golfers. Sucks all around

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom