Our ladies game | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Our ladies game

Reaction Score
Miss State played great defense the entire game. They made every pass difficult and deserved to win. We were lucky to get back in the game with the flagrant foul but that play by Chong, oh well. The kid is going to have to live with that play for the rest of her life. I feel sorry for her. Nice run girls.

Reaction Score
Miss St. deserved to win for two reasons: 1) that wasn't a technical; it was great acting on an incidental arm and 2) Chong made a bonehead play.
Nah, it was a flagrant based on the garbage new rule (any contact to the face results in a flagrant). I hate the rule and think it needs to be changed, but that's how it's been called all year.

What's bizarre is that the ref right in front of it called nothing in real time, and also that they're able to review it a few plays later.

Reaction Score
Ladies got their only loss for the next 3 years. I never go to the womens board - I am impressed by the levelheadedness of the fans over there. Was expecting a blow up. The only douchey posts are from us MBB posters in their game thread.

Reaction Score
That was a tension fun filled game. Had to end. Geno didn't look irate. To be a fly in the locker room. Next hbo episode should be interesting. Great fun girls. Just know our mojo dipped when the ladies became otherworldly about 112 games ago.

Reaction Score
Ladies got their only loss for the next 3 years. I never go to the womens board - I am impressed by the levelheadedness of the fans over their. Was expecting a blow up. The only douchey posts are from us MBB posters in the game thread.
It's crazy! The women's board only has threads congratulating Miss St. no trolling or bashing

Reaction Score
They've never been in that situation with this close of a game. Chong had no idea what she was doing there because she's never experienced that. None of them wanted the ball the last 3 minutes of regulation and overtime.

Reaction Score
Ladies got their only loss for the next 3 years. I never go to the womens board - I am impressed by the levelheadedness of the fans over there. Was expecting a blow up. The only douchey posts are from us MBB posters in their game thread.

Well, they do have the luxury of saying "ho hum, we're still going to win the next 2-3 titles."

I watched the end of tonight's game, probably the first women's ball I've watched in 15 years. I see the end of game execution is just as poor on the women's side of the sport as it is in the mens lol.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
That was a tension fun filled game. Had to end. Geno didn't look irate. To be a fly in the locker room. Next hbo episode should be interesting. Great fun girls. Just know our mojo dipped when the ladies became otherworldly about 112 games ago.
Trying to figure out if HBO got screwed here or made out like a bandit (they get to see what the reaction to a loss is).

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They've never been in that situation with this close of a game. Chong had no idea what she was doing there because she's never experienced that. None of them wanted the ball the last 3 minutes of regulation and overtime.
Gabby was getting to the rim then just flinging the ball to the perimeter. A lot of TOs and bad shots.

Reaction Score
That was a sloppy game. I haven't watched the women much but that did not look like them. If that game is played 20 times, they lose once. Congrats to Miss St. that point guard call ball. Ball is life yo.

Reaction Score
Well, they do have the luxury of saying "ho hum, we're still going to win the next 2-3 titles."

I watched the end of tonight's game, probably the first women's ball I've watched in 15 years. I see the end of game execution is just as poor on the women's side of the sport as it is in the mens lol.

I had one eye on the Dubs Rockets game and one eye on the ladies. It looked pretty ugly. Some VERY sloppy passes. I can't presume to know how they typically play, but I can't imagine it has been like that. Poor Chong. I think one of her parents or relatives posts on their board. Probably should shut off the internet for the night, even as gracious in defeat they seem.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Nah, it was a flagrant based on the garbage new rule (any contact to the face results in a flagrant). I hate the rule and think it needs to be changed, but that's how it's been called all year.

What's bizarre is that the ref right in front of it called nothing in real time, and also that they're able to review it a few plays later.

If we won due to that flagrant and following possession, that would've sucked and it would've felt like we didn't deserve it.

But, it wasn't called "a few plays later", it was the same MSU possession.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
I feel like Chong got in her own head there as the senior who rode the bench for three years. Her moment finally..etc.

Absolutely insane move to drive with 13 seconds left. Stuff middle schoolers know not to do.

Reaction Score
Another great season for the team! I'm sure they will have another next year. Really nice game by Miss St. especially defensively.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
People tend to become more mature over time. The posters over there have had much more "seasoning."
They just won 111 games and lost in the final
Four. That's still excellent. I think everyone knows that women's basketball needed this .

Reaction Score

They had several games this season under 5 points.

Most women's fans aren't upset because..at some point..Uconn was going to lose. Anyone who follows this team knew that this was the year to beat Uconn if a team was going to beat them. Uconn finally hit a team with the right combo..a great defensive team, that was bigger than them, and had guards that can score. (South Carolina doesn't have guards that can score).

Not only that, but Miss St. deserved the win, and Morgan William is hard not to root for.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom