Our consecutive final four record is still intact [merged] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Our consecutive final four record is still intact [merged]

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
They are talking that because of the unprecedented efforts, it may be available by the end of March .... This doesn't mean that it will be accessible by March for everyone in the general public by March.
Unless this is fake news...
Please note the date that this company's vaccine would be available.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Thanks, Centerstream.

Unless this is fake news...
Please note the date that this company's vaccine would be available.

For those too, ermmmm... distracted or panic-ridden to read the article, here is a pertinent quotation:

"Medicago CEO Bruce Clark said his company could produce as many as 10 million doses a month. If regulatory hurdles can be cleared, he said in a Thursday interview, the vaccine could start to become available in November 2021."

"Also on Thursday, Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease at the National Institutes of Health, told the U.S. House Oversight and Reform Committee that human trials for a vaccine (he did not specify the manufacturer) would be possible “within a few weeks.” However, he said that a vaccine would not be available to the broader public for another 12 to 18 months."

In somewhat related news, one of my sons called me from N.Y.C. last night and told me that the local supermarket was almost denuded of victuals due to panic buying.
I chortled at the doings of those urbanites. I just returned from my local grocery store, in a town of some 2,000 Mid-coast Mainers, where I found all the toilet paper sold, together with most of the bread and eggs.

Do people think that covid 19 will scare the cr..p out of them, or are they planning on enemas as a form of prophylaxis? :D

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm not a fan of this type of thinking.

This is like the folks on VolNation who one minute were all nervous about bid-stealers in the mid-majors and the next are happy that their NCAA tournament streak is still alive due to cancellation. A minority of folks there correctly said the streak is meaningless if that's the level they've fallen to.

The streak has lost its meaning if we are finding this to be the silver lining of the cancellation, so unconfident were we in our prospects this year.

Reaction Score
On the bright side, Plebe and I have a year to argue about "mythical" national championships and astericked (is that a word) streaks. Of course, that's also the dark side.

1584126078832.png

Reaction Score
It would have been difficult making it to the Final Four. We would most likely have had to beat Baylor and Oregon. Yes, we improved greatly since those games. Still no easy task to beat them.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If we don’t make the FF next year, we’ll never know if our streak might have reached 13. No lock the team wouldn’t have made it this year. Time to watch reruns of Stewie’s senior year.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
Best thing I am going to rewatch all our National Championship Final Fours...except Maya’s Stanford one that game is unwatchable...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Seen today on the bottom crawl on ESPNU: “NCAA considered a 16 team tournament. Committee had mixed interest on idea of amended event.”

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I feel bad for Oregon. I know people were high on SC and that's justifiable but at least they won before. This was such a great opportunity for Oregon and I was pulling for them. I don't think Sabrina would have let them lose. The pundits are saying they will be back with the great recruiting class but that no guarantee. There have been other great classes that didn't go all the way. Sabrina is a generational player for them and those don't come along all the time (Obviously).

Reaction Score
It also keep ND streak going...I so wanted to watch the selection show and see that ND was not included.
So ND officially is not in the "not invited in the NCAA Tournament list" ....

Carnac

Reaction Score
It would have been difficult making it to the Final Four. We would most likely have had to beat Baylor and Oregon. Yes, we improved greatly since those games. Still no easy task to beat them.

We would have had to beat the 1 seed in whatever region we were assigned to, to advance to the final four. That would be a tall order no matter who we played. If our shots were falling like they were the last 3 games, and we played defense as we did the last 3 games, I like our chances against anyone. Our problem in all three losses was poor shooting and excessive turnovers. In the last 3 games, UConn averaged 48.5 fg%, and 9.3 tpg.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
I feel bad for Oregon. I know people were high on SC and that's justifiable but at least they won before. This was such a great opportunity for Oregon and I was pulling for them. I don't think Sabrina would have let them lose. The pundits are saying they will be back with the great recruiting class but that no guarantee. There have been other great classes that didn't go all the way. Sabrina is a generational player for them and those don't come along all the time (Obviously).

Agreed. This year was Oregon’s best chance to win, and will be for some time. I realize they have a highly rated class coming in, but it’s going to take them a year or two to evolve to the level of being as serious a contender for the national championship as this team was. They lose USC transfer Minyon Moore and starters Ionescu, Hebard, and Sabally. I don't care how talented the freshmen he has coming in, they are nor going to replace the production of these 4 their first year. They've got a lot of adjustments to make, and a lot of freshmen mistakes to make as well.

As long as Oregon head coach Kelly Graves continues to coach, I doubt he will ever have another consummate player the likes of Ionescu. It would have been a very interesting final four this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am with @triaddukefan 100%, nothing and I mean NOTHING is good about the NCAA tournament being cancelled. Understandable yes, good, NO.... :( :oops:
I’d say it’s good if it results in fewer people getting sick and fewer dying. Of course we’ll never be able to measure that, but I trust that the cancellations were the right thing to do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom