Our consecutive final four record is still intact [merged] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Our consecutive final four record is still intact [merged]

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Heck, one company claimed to have a vaccine a month ago. Their goal was to have it to market in December. AFAIK, there hasn’t been a peep from them since. So I take any of these projections with a grain of salt.

Developing a vaccine is one thing, but you need to verify that it’s safe and effective, too, which takes months. Then you begin large-scale manufacturing, which can be reasonably quick or take months itself depending on what sort of vaccine works.
I think that was Theranos! ;)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
This sucks for a lot of reasons.. but a potential great sendoff for Ty and Kiki to bookend their careers with titles and a great launching pad for SC's freshman class. A huge missed opportunity for Oregon to win its first title. A last effort for Lauren Cox to end her career with a huge win instead of a loss.

Everybody had a shot at the title, but most of us felt really good that the champion was coming from one of those programs. I know as a SC fan it sucks because this team had the look and feel of a champion and was set up so well to make noise in the tournament. I could taste that second championship. Plus the opportunity to see our squad up against Oregon, win or lose, would've been phenomenal.

I hate this and I'm so disheartened.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This sucks for a lot of reasons.. but a potential great sendoff for Ty and Kiki to bookend their careers with titles and a great launching pad for SC's freshman class. A huge missed opportunity for Oregon to win its first title. A last effort for Lauren Cox to end her career with a huge win instead of a loss.

Everybody had a shot at the title, but most of us felt really good that the champion was coming from one of those programs. I know as a SC fan it sucks because this team had the look and feel of a champion and was set up so well to make noise in the tournament. I could taste that second championship. Plus the opportunity to see our squad up against Oregon, win or lose, would've been phenomenal.

I hate this and I'm so disheartened.
I'm still in a state of shock. I woke up this morning and was hoping it was all a bad dream. Turns out it wasn't. This is going to take time to come to terms with.

I said it a couple days ago, but this whole thing is just one big bummer sandwich. For the teams with title aspirations :(, for the teams on the bubble, and for every team in between. For teams like Arizona and Northwestern, last year's WNIT finalists, who this year were having milestone seasons and were preparing to host the first two rounds. For a team like IUPUI, who were about to play in the NCAA tournament for the first time :(

We all spent five months building and building and looking forward to a tournament that disappeared in an instant. Like investments in a stock market crash, gone just like that.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I'm still in a state of shock. I woke up this morning and was hoping it was all a bad dream. Turns out it wasn't. This is going to take time to come to terms with.

I said it a couple days ago, but this whole thing is just one big bummer sandwich. For the teams with title aspirations :(, for the teams on the bubble, and for every team in between. For teams like Arizona and Northwestern, last year's WNIT finalists, who this year were having milestone seasons and were preparing to host the first two rounds. For a team like IUPUI, who were about to play in the NCAA tournament for the first time :(

We all spent five months building and building and looking forward to a tournament that disappeared in an instant. Like investments in a stock market crash, gone in an instant.

I couldn't have said it better.

Reaction Score
Notre Dames consecutive tournaments, Tennessees consecutive tournament streak which was all of them, Uconns streak of 30 wins in a season and the Huskies 12 consecutive FF appearances all ended in the same season, 2020!!!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I’d say it’s good if it results in fewer people getting sick and fewer dying. Of course we’ll never be able to measure that, but I trust that the cancellations were the right thing to do.
Good point. This **better** be saving some lives -- and, while I'll defer to the experts on such questions, every indication is that it will.

The data from the 1918 flu epidemic are, from what I've read, pretty convincing in terms of the cost of not canceling large gatherings.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Notre Dames consecutive tournaments, Tennessees consecutive tournament streak which was all of them, Uconns streak of 30 wins in a season and the Huskies 12 consecutive FF appearances all ended in the same season, 2020!!!
None of them ended because there was no Tournament.
So next year when UConn starts the tournament they will still have made it to 12 consecutive FFs and 2021 will potentially be their 13th consecutive FF.

Reaction Score
None of them ended because there was no Tournament.
So next year when UConn starts the tournament they will still have made it to 12 consecutive FFs and 2021 will potentially be their 13th consecutive FF.
Sorry they played the season. It will always have an asterisk and nobody will ever get that many again.

Reaction Score
think of poor Sabrina who came back for senior year to win a championship. Denied the chance. On the bright side, Evina did not spend a year of eligibility on a year with no championship tournament, and she got the year to have surgery and do needed rehab. Thank you NCAA, you stupid X%&*BT#'s who tried to screw us.
No bitterness there, but justified!

Reaction Score
It also keep ND streak going...I so wanted to watch the selection show and see that ND was not included.
In addition to their tourney streak continuing, ND has the longest National Championship game streak still going at 2 and running. They still have two to go to match UConn's women's record of 4, the Stewie years. Still they can extend the streak next year . Maybe they could do it by beating UConn in the semis, the third year in a row, That way both streaks could stay alive.

Don't think it will happen but you can always hope.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Sorry they played the season. It will always have an asterisk and nobody will ever get that many again.
Ah no. If we go to the next final four, then it will be 13 in a row. There obviously is none this year so the streak is alive and continues to the next final four played. I'm totally with the OP.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom