Our consecutive final four record is still intact [merged] | The Boneyard

Our consecutive final four record is still intact [merged]

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
We will be there next year unless they cancel because the Huskies are invincible.
The CDC believes that they will have a vaccine by the end of March for virus, so it should go on next year.

Reaction Score
We will be there next year unless they cancel because the Huskies are invincible.
Yes, Boris!

1584048729614.png

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
That is just not true. Best estimates are 12-18 months, which is really pushing it. Most vaccines take 5-10 years to be developed.
Have you been watching the daily updates, I believe it was yesterday that they stated they hoped to have a vaccine by the end of March.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Heck, one company claimed to have a vaccine a month ago. Their goal was to have it to market in December. AFAIK, there hasn’t been a peep from them since. So I take any of these projections with a grain of salt.

Developing a vaccine is one thing, but you need to verify that it’s safe and effective, too, which takes months. Then you begin large-scale manufacturing, which can be reasonably quick or take months itself depending on what sort of vaccine works.

Reaction Score
Have you been watching the daily updates, I believe it was yesterday that they stated they hoped to have a vaccine by the end of March.
You are mistaken,..... or you are watching the wrong news. I just saw one of the most prominent immunologists in the country interviewed on this topic. Is it possible that your source meant March of 2021, which is the absolutely earliest possibility.

Reaction Score
Vaccine(s) will be here shortly. Traditional 12-18 months is outdated with today's technology & the money and manpower being thrown at this threat. Expect a vaccine to be administered by end of summer.

Reaction Score
Vaccine(s) will be here shortly. Traditional 12-18 months is outdated with today's technology & the money and manpower being thrown at this threat. Expect a vaccine to be administered by end of summer.
Traditional is 5-10 years, not 12-18 months. Would you take a vaccine that hadn’t been properly tested?!

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
In China??? Because in the U.S., we do something called "testing" and it isn't done in a matter of days or weeks.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
In China??? Because in the U.S., we do something called "testing" and it isn't done in a matter of days or weeks.
The red tape is being waived by the FDA according to the yesterdays briefing.

Reaction Score
The red tape is being waived by the FDA according to the yesterdays briefing.
not for trials for human efficacy and safety..... this article might help Biotech company Moderna says its coronavirus vaccine is ready for first tests

the only drug I can find in testing in China is remdesevir. Remdesivir FDA Approval Status - Drugs.com
It is considered a possible "treatment" for coronavirus. It was developed by Gilead for MERS and SARS so it has been in the works for some time and already has been in testing for human safety.

the Moderna mRNA vaccine was created and sent to CDC for testing. Testing is expected to take at least a year.

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Traditional is 5-10 years, not 12-18 months. Would you take a vaccine that hadn’t been properly tested?!
I definitely would if I'm a senior or have other health issues. Worth the risk IMO for those at higher risk.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Regarding streaks, the 30 wins streak is broken, but deserves an asterisk. Even so, two that didn't make won 29, and the worst record since 92-93 is 25-8.

What's sad though, is that this senior class is only the third since the high school class of '90 or '91 to not win a
national championship.

Reaction Score

Even if a vaccine is developed, it still would be months away from deployment. Animal and human trials need to occur and then production ramped up. This is a long process.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Getting back to the topic of the matter. I for one would have rather earned that distinction, consecutive final fours, on the court, not by an epidemic's cause.

Reaction Score
think of poor Sabrina who came back for senior year to win a championship. Denied the chance. On the bright side, Evina did not spend a year of eligibility on a year with no championship tournament, and she got the year to have surgery and do needed rehab. Thank you NCAA, you stupid X%&*BT#'s who tried to screw us.

Reaction Score
Regarding streaks, the 30 wins streak is broken, but deserves an asterisk. Even so, two that didn't make won 29, and the worst record since 92-93 is 25-8.

What's sad though, is that this senior class is only the third since the high school class of '90 or '91 to not win a
national championship.
Where would you put the asterisk? Usually that goes next to something that was attained under unusual circumstances that might detract from the accomplishment, and not something that could have possibly been attained had those unusual circumstances not existed. 29-3* and everyone will ask what happened during those 29 wins that required an asterisk, and the answer is nothing.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I had that same fleeting guilty thought about the F4 streak not ending and then I imagined Geno in about 6 years getting congratulated for 20 consecutive and saying "well, you know it's not really..."

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Unless this is fake news...
Please note the date that this company's vaccine would be available.

Reaction Score
They are talking that because of the unprecedented efforts, it may be available by the end of March .... This doesn't mean that it will be accessible by March for everyone in the general public by March.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom