OU Game Recap | The Boneyard

OU Game Recap

Reaction Score
At 3-6, no one please claim that the Sooners are a good team. No question they played great this game, and the young squad may be starting to jell. But still, this was not a good game.

Defense was not good. Shooting was not great. And a lot of mistakes. A lot.

For a while UConn had success with running out on the break. You can be sure that tough opponents will not allow that to happen.

On the plus side,
Pheesa and KLS absolutely took over the game. Monsters. It's sorta amazing that Napheesa doesn't score 50 every game.

And I like that the team had to play from behind all game. It's good to have experienced that, so if it happens again down the road, they will know they can come back. That's the big positive takeaway for me.

Reaction Score
MW was not having a good game and Oklahoma was undersized yet Geno did not have confidence in Ono to give her meaningful playing time. That was a disappointment for me.

Reaction Score
My recap is this face:
Gxuqw2S.gif

:D

Reaction Score
Thank goodness for Collier. Samuelson and Dangerfield couldn’t buy a 3 if they were free. On the plus side, if going 2-17 from beyond the arc is UConn’s biggest weakness, I think I can live with that. It was a poor shooting night and if UConn made its usual % this is just another blowout.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
7 Free Throws in the last minute gave the team a comfortable lead at the end of the game. IF Oklahoma hit a couple of shots in the last two minutes of the game, the game might have ended differently. 5 Minute scoring drought in 4th qtr. by Oklahoma was the difference in the game. Even down the stretch UConn missed some easy shots that kept Oklahoma in the game longer then they should have been.

Good learning curve for the team. Definitely won't be overlooking Cal.

Reaction Score
Now that it’s over gotta wonder why Collier didn’t get more looks on offense that weren’t offensive rebounds.
My assumption is that they thought CW has a good matchup to go iso on (at least near the end) and typically the shooting is much better for UConn so some of those looks would’ve been made buckets in normal situations.

Reaction Score
I see it a little differently. I think he left Megan and Lou in the game to get them to gut it out for the win. The fact that they did will serve them and the team well going forward.
I would also say that Megan is the more versatile defender and has a better grasp on the way UConn plays (offensive/defensive schemes).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
7 Free Throws in the last minute gave the team a comfortable lead at the end of the game. IF Oklahoma hit a couple of shots in the last two minutes of the game, the game might have ended differently. 5 Minute scoring drought in 4th qtr. by Oklahoma was the difference in the game. Even down the stretch UConn missed some easy shots that kept Oklahoma in the game longer then they should have been.

Good learning curve for the team. Definitely won't be overlooking Cal.

Cal needs to fight against over confidence. :(

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Man that was ugly. Stunk up the joint. If UConn plays like that against Baylor they will lose by 20. After a loss to Cal on Saturday. Hopefully they can shake this off and get their heads straight.

And if they play like they did against ND they win by 20 after an easy win against Cal on Saturday.

They are probably not as good day in and day out as we saw vs ND and not as bad day in and day out as we just saw against OK.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom