Other scores | The Boneyard

Other scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
  • It may indeed have been game 1 jitters, as Vols lead at #22 GaTech 36-22 last in 1st half (available on WatchESPN)
  • #10 Georgia leads Rutgers 28-18 at half
  • #11 Delaware leads Georgetown 30-28 at half
  • #8 Penn St TRAILS Howard 31-25 late in 1st half

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
16 TOs for Rutgers is not good. However, we're out rebounding them by 9.

Reaction Score
Fouls have been significant in the Tn-GT game -- has limited some of GT's top players (bad for them) as well as Simmons (good for them) -- she's only taken four shots.

Graves has 14 pts / 8 rebs for Vols who lead 45-30 at half.

Reaction Score
Come on Tech. I have had a really good weekend for all my sports teams. Don't fail me now!

Reaction Score
Don't look know, but Georgia Tech has come storming back from 15 points down to pull within 2.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Looks like Rutgers will lose to Georgia. Too many turnovers, too many missed free-throws, and not enough shots made. But we did rebound extremely well. We'll get alot better as time goes on. Our back court needs to gel alot.

Reaction Score
Unranked Georgetown about to upset #11 Delaware, but looks like EDD didnt play
Sugar with 35

Reaction Score
Penn St woke up and pulling away in 2nd half

#18 Nebraska off to strong start, up 36-17 at half over Temple

Reaction Score
Tenn up 20 with a minute to go. Dominant win over #22 almost sure to keep Vols in top 25.

Reaction Score
I watched some of the GT vs Tenn game. That was some mighty ugly basket ball. The second half I did not see Tech run one offensive play. It was more like a rugby scrum then basketball. Tech is not a top 25 team. Tenn is questionable. They have some nice parts but that's about it. Still wish Spanie had come to Uconn. She would have been a good one.

Reaction Score
Unranked Georgetown about to upset #11 Delaware, but looks like EDD didnt play
Sugar with 35

Correct, EDD did not play. Delaware missed key free throws down the stretch when they could have taken the lead.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Weirdness for me personally - I was going to watch the TN game, but ESPN3 had technical difficulties. It finally came on with TN up 45-43. I watched for ten or 15 minutes and did not see a score by GT, so finally gave up.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Weirdness for me personally - I was going to watch the TN game, but ESPN3 had technical difficulties. It finally came on with TN up 45-43. I watched for ten or 15 minutes and did not see a score by GT, so finally gave up.

I caught the second half. Tenn went to zone after Harrison committed her 4th. It was not a great zone given the lack of size, particularly up top, but Tech passed the ball around the perimeter and jacked up god-awful shots. GT may have better athletes than Chattanooga but the Mocs can put the ball in the basket. Tough to judge Tenn really. They looked terrible to start the 2nd half but settled down once they switched to zone and Tech couldn't score. It's going to be an up and down year for the Vols.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Early season yips or something else?

We have a young back court that will take time to gel, and it showed today. Fouls early on took us out of our game, and we ever quite recover. But we did have a +15 advantage on the boards so that's quite good. Like I said we'll get a lot better as the season progresses.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
RU outplayed George on every aspect except two keys areas:

26 to's.
3-11 FT line.

I am hopeful that 26tos is an early season problem. I am hoping the FT issues is an anomaly.

Reaction Score
They were much better today than Friday, obviously. Burdick being assertive was huge. Very young so yes, it's going to be an up and down year. Graves and Jones just flat outwork everybody else for rebounds and it is going to show in the minutes they're given. The lineup that produced huge runs in the 1st and 2nd halfs were Massengale, Carter, Simmons, Burdick, and Graves with Jones the most effective off the bench player. We had Massengale, Carter, Burdick, Jones, and Graves as our lineup for good chunks of the game and they were very solid for being a 3 frosh 2 soph lineup. Massengale finally getting back closer to 100% after/still dealing with a nagging strained achilles is big for us too.

Congrats on your big win today and I look forward to getting to watch them at some point this season.

Reaction Score
I caught the second half. Tenn went to zone after Harrison committed her 4th. It was not a great zone given the lack of size, particularly up top, but Tech passed the ball around the perimeter and jacked up god-awful shots. GT may have better athletes than Chattanooga but the Mocs can put the ball in the basket. Tough to judge Tenn really. They looked terrible to start the 2nd half but settled down once they switched to zone and Tech couldn't score. It's going to be an up and down year for the Vols.

I was more listening than watching and it was only their first game, but GT did not look good, did they?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I watched some of the GT vs Tenn game. That was some mighty ugly basket ball. The second half I did not see Tech run one offensive play. It was more like a rugby scrum then basketball. Tech is not a top 25 team. Tenn is questionable. They have some nice parts but that's about it. Still wish Spanie had come to Uconn. She would have been a good one.
This, early in the season, who do you move up into the 25 over them?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
They were much better today than Friday, obviously. Burdick being assertive was huge. Very young so yes, it's going to be an up and down year. Graves and Jones just flat outwork everybody else for rebounds and it is going to show in the minutes they're given. The lineup that produced huge runs in the 1st and 2nd halfs were Massengale, Carter, Simmons, Burdick, and Graves with Jones the most effective off the bench player. We had Massengale, Carter, Burdick, Jones, and Graves as our lineup for good chunks of the game and they were very solid for being a 3 frosh 2 soph lineup. Massengale finally getting back closer to 100% after/still dealing with a nagging strained achilles is big for us too.

Congrats on your big win today and I look forward to getting to watch them at some point this season.

Graves is The Real Deal on the inside. Not surprised to see her making a big impact early. And Burdick finally woke up!! Somebody on the coaching staff must have really lit a fire there....;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So disappointed in GaTech..... they need to get put on probation from the ACC for a few weeks for that performance. They were probably overranked... they might be ok down the line... lost a ton from last season..... I thought going into the season that Florida State was probably the third best team in the ACC.

Not a great weekend for the ACC. UNC struggled to beat Duquesne (sp)... Clemson lost to The Blue Hose... Wake struggled vs Coppin State.

Glad to see that the MEAC schools put up a good showing vs the BCS schools.... with the exception of Delaware State vs Kentucky. A&T vs Nebraska, Howard vs Penn State, and Coppin vs Wake Forest were all alot closer than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom