Other scores | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Other scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Do not underestimate what Suzie McConnell Serio has been building at Duquense. She is an excellent coach and will be at a power house big school sometime soon.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Penn State plays Texas A &M in the next few days....that match-up will get some serious attention from our staff....for our game on Sunday
and for our early December game against PSU.

Say...Ice....does PSU have a realistic shot at beating us????

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No, I do not think so. Agee has stoved a finger on her hand and is seeing limited duty and would be essential for PSU to have a chance given UConn new size and I think UC covers the perimeter to well now for PSU's snipers. Maggie has looked very good.

Reaction Score
Early season yips or something else?

It's something else (i.e. lack of recruiting/coaching). When is the last time CViv had a truly competitive team, 2008? At least 13 losses the last four seasons. RU is in the hunt for Tyler Scaife but even getting her isn't going to be enough to turn things around.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
It's something else (i.e. lack of recruiting/coaching). When is the last time CViv had a truly competitive team, 2008? At least 13 losses the last four seasons. RU is in the hunt for Tyler Scaife but even getting her isn't going to be enough to turn things around.

Thanks for your opinion. :rolleyes:

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
They were much better today than Friday, obviously. Burdick being assertive was huge. Very young so yes, it's going to be an up and down year. Graves and Jones just flat outwork everybody else for rebounds and it is going to show in the minutes they're given. The lineup that produced huge runs in the 1st and 2nd halfs were Massengale, Carter, Simmons, Burdick, and Graves with Jones the most effective off the bench player. We had Massengale, Carter, Burdick, Jones, and Graves as our lineup for good chunks of the game and they were very solid for being a 3 frosh 2 soph lineup. Massengale finally getting back closer to 100% after/still dealing with a nagging strained achilles is big for us too.

Congrats on your big win today and I look forward to getting to watch them at some point this season.

Hey thanks. Food for thought - do you think that Massengale will replace Simmons in the starting lineup? She seems to have a better control over the offense than Melissa...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Thanks for your opinion. :rolleyes:
It remains to be seen as the season progresses, but 2 things. First, Georgia is ranked #10. Are they deserving? Maybe. Second, RU has never traditionally started off the season with a bang, so to speak. They generally grow into the season, and a close loss to a top 10 team in their first game is nothing to be ashamed about. RU has had some strong recruiting classes the last 2 years and I think they certainly have enough to be a top 10 team in the next few years. Scaife certainly will help. Hope you land her...

tennfanatic00

Southern Gentleman
Reaction Score
Hey thanks. Food for thought - do you think that Massengale will replace Simmons in the starting lineup? She seems to have a better control over the offense than Melissa...

Not sure who Melissa is, but I think Simmons is a starter. We need her leadership and attitude on the court, but we don't need her taking ill advised shots. She took only one bad shot against Tech. If she can show restraint, she will be a valuable asset to the team. Starting Ariel and Carter would severely limit us on offense, and Ariel has not proven herself to be a great defender as of yet though to her credit, she is playing a bit hurt).

The key to this team will be the play of the seniors. Neither has shown anything yet. Taber is not shooting with confidence and Kamiko is not shooting at all. That's the one big thing that will need to be addressed as the season progresses. The freshman will be scouted and subsequently their scoring punch will be limited, so, at that point, you have to look to your senior leaders.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
It remains to be seen as the season progresses, but 2 things. First, Georgia is ranked #10. Are they deserving? Maybe. Second, RU has never traditionally started off the season with a bang, so to speak. They generally grow into the season, and a close loss to a top 10 team in their first game is nothing to be ashamed about. RU has had some strong recruiting classes the last 2 years and I think they certainly have enough to be a top 10 team in the next few years. Scaife certainly will help. Hope you land her...

Exactly. And there was a article that came out I believe it was yesterday that quoted CVS saying:

Stringer says her optimism is rooted in the belief that she has put together a nucleus of scrappy, hard workers who have always wanted to be a Scarlet Knight, knows what it takes — marathon practices and thick skin — and are truly committed.
She felt her highly touted 2008 recruiting class was full of prima donnas and players with their own agendas. She says she’s now back to recruiting her type of players.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Of course, CViv recruited those prima donnas.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Some thoughts are best unexpressed (directed at C Viv, not Coler)

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Well us fans thought that 2008 recruiting class was a bust besides Chelsey Lee, she was the real jewel from it. Sykes and Speed never lived up to their hype. And Dixon and Pope transferred so.

I'd have to agree with CVS. Her last two recruiting classes have been alot better.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
#14 WVU was in a close battle with unranked BU, behind by 8 points with about 12 minutes to go. WVU pulled out to a 57-52 lead, but BU tied it up at 57 all with 12 seconds left. Ayana Dunning made three free throws in the next ten seconds to take a 60–57 lead, which ended up being the final score.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Not sure who Melissa is, but I think Simmons is a starter. We need her leadership and attitude on the court, but we don't need her taking ill advised shots. She took only one bad shot against Tech. If she can show restraint, she will be a valuable asset to the team. Starting Ariel and Carter would severely limit us on offense, and Ariel has not proven herself to be a great defender as of yet though to her credit, she is playing a bit hurt).

The key to this team will be the play of the seniors. Neither has shown anything yet. Taber is not shooting with confidence and Kamiko is not shooting at all. That's the one big thing that will need to be addressed as the season progresses. The freshman will be scouted and subsequently their scoring punch will be limited, so, at that point, you have to look to your senior leaders.

Apologies....was posting onthe fly and got Simmons name incorrectly. Melissa Simmons was a grammer school classmate of mine..

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
CVS has taken responsibility for the 2008 recruiting class, though Sykes, Speed and Lee all eventually got with the program (they also all admitted they did not come in with the right attitude their freshmen years). That class came immediately after the Don Imus media storm (plus the championship game run), and I think CVS and staff may have gotten overly ambitious with the attention they were receiving from recruits, and lost sight over whether they would be a good fit for the program. At the same time, I think certain recruits (namely Jasmine Dixon, who left after 5 games) probably got caught up in all the RU whirlwind, and didn't think about whether or not they'd actually be happy at RU.

In the few preseason interviews she's given, it is obvious that CVS really likes working with this group of players. Whether or not that translates into more court success remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom