Other games this Labor Day weekend | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Other games this Labor Day weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
GSU just intercepted a UT pass and have the ball on UTs side of the field. Epic win set up for GSU.

Reaction Score
When you're based in Atlanta, you can get the 50th best HS player from Georgia .... which is still better than most of New England HS.
And, what’s the likelihood Georgia State’s academic standards are particularly high, especially for athletes? Good or less so, a different world exists in the gridiron belt.

Reaction Score
Tennessee fans (or former fans) are declaring they are giving up on UT football and deciding fishing may be a better option on their message board. Total meltdown.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I watched most of Washington vs. Eastern Washington. Huskies won 47-14. EWU is FCS but they play Pac 12 schools every year and have beaten several of them, and were the FCS runner ups last season. UW is replacing leading passer and rusher in program history, but Browning was disappointing during his Sr. year and the Eason era is off to a great start (about 350 yards, 4 TDs/0 int). Looks like RB by committee.

Reaction Score
Notable interconference results:

ACC
Mia LOST to #8 Fla 24-20
UNC def SC 24-20
FSU LOST to Boise 36-31

B12
Okla St d Ore ST 52-36
WV d JMU 20-13
Ia St d UNI 29-26 3ot

B10
Purdue LOST to Nevada 34-31
#19 Wisc d USF 49-0
Minn d SDSt 28-21

PAC
Ore St LOST to Okla St 52-36
UCLA LOST to Cinci 24-14
Ariz LOST to Hawaii 45-38

SEC
Tenn LOST to Ga St 38-30
Ole Miss LOST to Memp 15-10
#18 Fla d Miami 24-20
SC LOST to UNC 24-20

Reaction Score
35-23 GSU

When you're based in Atlanta, you can get the 50th best HS player from Georgia .... which is still better than most of New England HS.

I see this being used alot for why Uconn is not good because we don't have in-state talent.

How you do explain Northern Iowa, South Dakota State, or Boise State?

Reaction Score
Or Washington State or etc, etc,. Of all the excuses, it is the lamest.

These days with all the TV games, parents can watch their kids from anywhere. We got plenty of playing time to offer. There is absolutely no excuse our team can't recruit or build a decent program.

The problem is our current coaching staff, and previous ones. We can't seem to hire right. We keep hiring outdated coaches that's way past their prime. Diaco was just horrible.

If we just offer the bank to the ptevious year's FCS champ's entire coaching staff, I think we should do ok even if we don't do any other interview. It is not that damn difficult.

Reaction Score
Should have hired Leach!

I was pushing for the guy. Like I said, just hire the entire staff from previous year's FCS champ every time we need a new coach. It is not complicated.

Reaction Score
I don't think he was right for the SEC, but if he was interested I'd take a look at Brett Beliema.

UConn is gonna have to figure out a way to pay a decent staff. Not bargain bin HC that promotes quality control coaches to big positions then goes to the press how he is giving his OC a raise out of his own pocket.

Short of that hire an offensive guy for a change.

Reaction Score
I don't think he was right for the SEC, but if he was interested I'd take a look at Brett Beliema.

UConn is gonna have to figure out a way to pay a decent staff. Not bargain bin HC that promotes quality control coaches to big positions then goes to the press how he is giving his OC a raise out of his own pocket.

Short of that hire an offensive guy for a change.

Instead of keep going after guys that already failed elsewhere, I would rather just hire a coaching staff that already won at the FCS level. Just keep repeat the same fornula when we lose a coach.

How hard is it to hire a staff that run innovative offense and defense?

Reaction Score
It's all about coaching...look at Tennessee. They were perennial title contenders 10 years ago. Now they are behind Memphis in there own state.

Reaction Score
Instead of keep going after guys that already failed elsewhere, I would rather just hire a coaching staff that already won at the FCS level. Just keep repeat the same fornula when we lose a coach.

How hard is it to hire a staff that run innovative offense and defense?
That's another way to do it i guess. I like what Lance Leiopold has done at Buffalo. Beleima really had things rolling at Wisconsin. They got tired of him asking for raises and then he got a reality check at Arkansas.

Reaction Score
I was pushing for the guy. Like I said, just hire the entire staff from previous year's FCS champ every time we need a new coach. It is not complicated.
You weren't alone. Imagine if we hired him. We might have been in the ACC instead of Louisville. Another massive screw up.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Come December when the SEC is lobbying for a 2nd playoff bid, no one will remember that the rest of the league is not that good.

Reaction Score
Wyoming is handling Missouri, who hired Craig Bohl from North Dakota state. He is doing a nice job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom