Other games this Labor Day weekend | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Other games this Labor Day weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agreed.

Especially when you consider that if we could actually keep the top 6 to 8 players from CT at UConn each recruiting cycle, we'd have a very good football team...
That would be very tough given where we are at the moment. We are in a no mans land right now. We can live with the Scott Lutrus and Byron Jones types however.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
That would be very tough given where we are at the moment. We are in a no mans land right now. We can live with the Scott Lutrus and Byron Jones types however.

Absolutely, but I'm just making the point to others that it isn't a lack of talent in the area. It's a lack of ability to get them...

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Labor Day weekend is tough on attendance, but I didn’t expect to see stadiums 80% empty.

In today's America, if it’s not an important game (rivalry, playoff, championship, etc.), no one gets excited.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
It would be helpful if Fresno could stop being craptastic and keep within 14 of USC.

Reaction Score
Oregon with a big time choke. They shoulda been up 28-3 early but gagged it away.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We’ve been talking about the PAC 12 football trend for years. It’s like p7 at this point.

Reaction Score
Northwestern fan firing shot at Stanford
Not defending the trimester Tree which starts classes in late Sept, but empty seats aren’t exactly unusual before many college games. And, NU games in Evanston average 10K+ less than Stanford home games and are typically significantly populated by B1G opponents’ fans. Ironic homer- horse blinders on the Wildcats’ skeptic!

Reaction Score
Please say a prayer for Keke. I have never seen a player drop like that on a football field.

“With less than a minute to go in the third quarter, true freshman Keke Burns went down on a hit following an SMU punt. He was motionless on the field, up until the point that they could get a stretcher to him. He was taken off the field as a flashing ambulance pulled into the stadium parking lot.”

Reaction Score
Tennessee fans (or former fans) are declaring they are giving up on UT football and deciding fishing may be a better option on their message board. Total meltdown.
Sounds like people on their message boards are Boneyarders...

Reaction Score
Down here, FSU fans wants Willie Taggart fired...

They are beside themselves right now. He's a disaster for them, despite what they think about the "state" that Jimbo Fisher left them in. That defense they rolled out there was possibly the worst defense I have ever seen them have, and it just shouldn't be the case. The Florida schools have their ups and downs, but they should always be good defensively because of the talent available to them.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They are beside themselves right now. He's a disaster for them, despite what they think about the "state" that Jimbo Fisher left them in. That defense they rolled out there was possibly the worst defense I have ever seen them have, and it just shouldn't be the case. The Florida schools have their ups and downs, but they should always be good defensively because of the talent available to them.

Boise State might have had something to do with the win too.

Reaction Score
Boise State might have had something to do with the win too.

No one is saying they didn't. In fact they clearly were the superior coached team. But giving up over 600 yards says you have a very bad defense, and a horrific defensive scheme.

Reaction Score
Or Washington State or etc, etc,. Of all the excuses, it is the lamest.
I see this being used alot for why Uconn is not good because we don't have in-state talent.

How you do explain Northern Iowa, South Dakota State, or Boise State?

The vast majority of programs get a large chunk of their players locally. The quality of local players ABSOLUTELY impacts school performance.

Sure there are exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32