Other games, Dec. 9-15 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Other games, Dec. 9-15

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Utah hung on for an ugly win over Nevada, and Creighton closed out Wichita State with a strong 4th quarter.

Princeton, with Bella Alarie back in action, is completely dominating Penn State.

Central Michigan and South Dakota State going down to the wire. Chippewas up by 2 with 3:00 to play. Jackrabbits are missing two starters, including their best player in Selland.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Thanks for the responses. Still a no go for me.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Thanks for the responses. Still a no go for me.
That link I provided should be working. Is it giving you some kind of error message?

Plebe

Reaction Score
CMU junior Micaela Kelly had a career high 38 points, including seven 3s, to lead the Chippewas over the Jackrabbits, 79-74.

SDSU is gonna have to get Myah Selland back in order to compete with South Dakota.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That link I provided should be working. Is it giving you some kind of error message?

Must be something w/ my computer. There's the little circle thingy like it's loading, but then nothing happens. No error message. It's okay, I've got most of eyeballs glued to the VB match going on anyway.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Must be something w/ my computer. There's the little circle thingy like it's loading, but then nothing happens. No error message. It's okay, I've got most of eyeballs glued to the VB match going on anyway.
Hmmm, maybe try restarting your browser or a different browser entirely.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hmmm, maybe try restarting your browser or a different browser entirely.

I guess Firefox doesn't like that link, worked on Microsoft Edge.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Holy cow, DePaul has put up 67 on Alabama St. and it's not quite halftime yet.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Holy cow, DePaul has put up 67 on Alabama St. and it's not quite halftime yet.
40 points in the 1st quarter alone, might be some kind of record there.

But equally eye-opening is that DePaul gave up 42 points in the 1st half to a team as bad as Alabama State.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
40 points in the 1st quarter alone, might be some kind of record there.

But equally eye-opening is that DePaul gave up 42 points in the 1st half to a team as bad as Alabama State.

14 players made it into the game for DePaul so far and each one has at least 1 shot. :eek:

Reaction Score
Oregon is playing Long Beach.

link to free stream: Long Beach St - Oregon
Oregon and Ionescu appear to be back in good form. I see that Graves gave a lot of run to the reserves today during the blowout win. For those who saw the game, any reason why Sabally only played 12 minutes today? Ionescu played 30, so Graves must have left her in to facilitate with the second team. Sabally often gets in foul trouble, but the box score showed zero fouls for her today. Sabally usually stays in long enough to have a chance to accumulate some stats.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This is very much a "who cares" game, but somewhere a while ago we were joking around about having a bottom 25 poll. I blew it with one of my picks there, mighty CSU Bakersfield improved to 8-3 today with a win against UC Santa Barbara. They may not be beating good teams, but they are winning games. Sorry CSUB, you do not belong in the bottom 25!

Plebe

Reaction Score
Oregon and Ionescu appear to be back in good form. I see that Graves gave a lot of run to the reserves today during the blowout win. For those who saw the game, any reason why Sabally only played 12 minutes today? Ionescu played 30, so Graves must have left her in to facilitate with the second team. Sabally often gets in foul trouble, but the box score showed zero fouls for her today. Sabally usually stays in long enough to have a chance to accumulate some stats.
I looked at the replay and saw nothing unusual when he subbed out for Sabally in mid-2Q. I'm guessing he just decided to rest her and/or develop his bench.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ole Miss is definitely in the running for worst team from a p5 conference. Currently losing by 20 — at home — to Southeast Missouri State early in the 4th quarter.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score

Actually, there were a ton of turnovers--maybe the most (23, I think) since Graves arrived in Eugene. (He implied as much after the game, and also stated that the team has not been very good playing with a big lead all season.) On the other hand, a very good game from the freshman point guard Shelley (who has been solid all season), as well as from the Brit Winterburn. There was talk of Sabally having a bruised shoulder--nothing serious, but no reason to keep her on the court as well.

Reaction Score
Or so she could put up 21/12/7 on her way to POY...?

Reaction Score
Sabally, Precautionary measure, lightly bruised her shoulder. Sabally fell hard on her shoulder on a play. Was not needed in the second half and will be back on Mondays game.
Thanks for the update. Sabally does hit the ground a lot during games, especially during her drives. I thought that there must have been some reason for only 12 minutes of playing time for her when she had zero fouls.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Oregon State up by 18 at the half over Utah State. Slocum came out on fire from 3, and Pivec is on double-double alert with 10-5-5.

Utah State is a poor team. They're trying hard but are completely outmatched. They lost their best (by far) scorer and rebounder from last year, Shannon Dufficy, who transferred to Missouri.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I recorded the Oregon St. game, just finished watching. Really lackluster performance in my eyes. Sloppy, way too many TOs, but that is their M.O. I should be used to it but it drives me crazy every time. Other than Slocum the 3 point shooting wasn't very good. Jones did her thing, Pivec had a good game. Mik moved into the Top 10 career scoring list for the school. They've had a long layoff, hopefully they were just shaking off some rust.

Reaction Score
I hope the most interesting thing at Houston at Texas A&M will be Gary Blair getting career win #800.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom