Other games 11/24 | The Boneyard

Other games 11/24

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A catch-all thread for games that don't necessarily need their own thread.

Kentucky came back from 13 down late in 3Q to beat North Carolina, 85-75. Kentucky wins the Paradise Jam with a dominant win over South Florida, an overtime win over UCLA, and this come-from-behind win over North Carolina.

For some reason UNC assistant coach Andrew Calder was hollering at one of the officials after the final whistle. Not happy with the calls, I suppose.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Tennessee has come back to tie the game, 65-65. UAB missed two free throws with 31 seconds left that would've given them the lead.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Tennessee missed two potential game-winners and they're going to OT.

Plebe

Reaction Score
UAB lost their mojo and Tennessee started playing as if they care. And getting some friendly whistles didn't hurt.

Still, they're the sorriest excuse for wasted elite talent that I think I've ever seen. Tennessee literally has at least a half-foot height advantage at every position over this team that they almost lost to, and the talent discrepancy is enormous.

Last edited:

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Tennessee ran at least 3 moving screens in OT and never got called on them, plus some interesting no calls on over-the-back rebounds. UAB looked tired in the OT. They deserved to come away with the win, but just didn't have enough in the tank by the end.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Sorta karma-ish that Tennessee has a tight game the day after they spent time talking about UConn/StJohn game.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
That was some game. I knew this young team early in the season. Would have to work through some things.

Reaction Score
I would be very surprised if anyone not named Rhyne Howard was the SEC FOY. She has been very good for UK this season.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
UAB lost their mojo and Tennessee started playing as if they care. And getting some friendly whistles didn't hurt.

Still, they're the sorriest excuse for wasted elite talent that I think I've ever seen. Tennessee literally has at least a half-foot height advantage at every position over this team that they almost lost to, and the talent discrepancy is enormous.
Except in the one key position- the Head Coach...Advantage who ever is playing UT :D

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And, yes AEH has 11 points at the half to lead MSST in scoring. Buy I guess allot of people on this board don't like hearing that kind of news.

Why should they? As a Duke fan I never paid attention to the players who transferred away on a game by game basis. That goes for football, men's basketball, women's basketball..... etc

Reaction Score
Good for her!

Jackson State's vaunted defense should be a good test (they gave up 99 points to UT Arlington)

At least she hitting 3 pointers and is providing Vic with that needed spark off of the MSST bench. Could only wish things would have worked out at UCONN for AEH.

Reaction Score
Very interested to see what these bulldogs can do when they a talented team. We will find out soon with Marquette, Texas, Oregon, and even Washington as they beat Duke handily.

Reaction Score
MSST 105-38

Yes, granted not against the elite of the NCAA Woman's Basketball universe, but that's MSST's 4th - 100+ game in a row, a new school record. With their inside game and now apparently with an outside game to compliment it, MSST is going to be tough this season, again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Game was at MSST so The announcers were likely State guys but even they were saying a game between MSST and UCONN would fill the house. I agree!

Reaction Score
Good for her!

Jackson State's vaunted defense should be a good test (they gave up 99 points to UT Arlington)
Jackson State lost to Memphis by one. They are the equivalent of a lower level AAC team.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Hallelujah Jose and his team of Euros beat UCLA to get a win this weekend...finally. Is it just me that thinks Laura Ferrara has been at USF for a decade?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom