OT: Zach Brown arrested again | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Zach Brown arrested again

Reaction Score
But you conveniently omit Zach Brown in your discussions when you criticize the recruiting classes not being up to speck.

Brown committed and then had his offer pulled in the blink of an eye, with plenty of time to find a replacement for 2017.

Reaction Score
If the guardian really wanted to be looked at as the male version of the Sandra Bullock character in the Blind Side, then he needed to shut down Zach's basketball career a while ago. A 7 feet+ and with some apparent talent, he easily could've taken a year to find himself as a person and basketball would've embraced his return. Instead, he just talks about making a big mistake, but there are no

Small hands... smell like cabbage?

I think his guardian saw the $$$ potential and turned a bind eye to zach actual issues from him coming from where he came from. I believe he kicked zach brother out because he didn't have the bball pedigree of zach. Not to mention starting an AAU program to feature zach and have his own son get playing time

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If the guardian really wanted to be looked at as the male version of the Sandra Bullock character in the Blind Side, then he needed to shut down Zach's basketball career a while ago. A 7 feet+ and with some apparent talent, he easily could've taken a year to find himself as a person and basketball would've embraced his return. Instead, he just talks about making a big mistake, but there are no

/USER].

No way we can entirely predict which way was best for Zach. The only thing we know is growing up the problems with his family were considerable. Those problems are probably catching up with the kid. Really a sad situation given that he has a skill that could have helped him somewhat. But skills are only part of the tools that help us navigate life.

My remark towards Tenspro was based on a different thread in which he was having a back and forth with @upstater[

Reaction Score
What is the story with him and his guardian? Remember hearing something about him going back to live with is mother

Reaction Score
No way we can entirely predict which way was best for Zach. The only thing we know is growing up the problems with his family were considerable. Those problems are probably catching up with the kid. Really a sad situation given that he has a skill that could have helped him somewhat. But skills are only part of the tools that help us navigate life.

My remark towards Tenspro was based on a different thread in which he was having a back and forth with @upstater[

I didn't intend to post the first part about the guardian. I thought better of it based on too much conjecture about a kid and family I don't know. But it was sitting in cache and I had to post the Austin Powers line about Carnies! I didn't notice the other stuff was still there!

Since I posted the first part and let the end sentence trail off, I should probably finish the thought. It looks a lot like the guardian wasn't ready to fully help a kid with Zach's past and issues. At best, he wanted to look like the good guy that took a troubled kid to the NBA like a Jewish basketball version of Michael Oher. At worst, he was looking for future profits in some way. Either way, Zach's probably in a better position than he was with his family, but it's only temporary. Don't just give him the fish... teach him how to fish. All these things are easy for me to say as an outsider.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Brown committed and then had his offer pulled in the blink of an eye, with plenty of time to find a replacement for 2017.
The other players UConn was recruiting (Richardson, Bamba) saw the verbal and moved on. Basically players and their coaches deal with college staffs over years. Relationships are formed and that's why the apr sanctions really impacted recruiting. It put UConn's staff at an extreme disadvantage to other programs.

Maybe I'm missing something. Are you a recruit for a high level sports team? If so, has your recruiting results been at the level you demand from our coaches? I'll gladly change my opinion about recruiting if I'm wrong. But I think you seriously underestimate the time and effort required in recruiting (unless $$$ are exchanged).

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I didn't intend to post the first part about the guardian. I thought better of it based on too much conjecture about a kid and family I don't know. But it was sitting in cache and I had to post the Austin Powers line about Carnies! I didn't notice the other stuff was still there!

Since I posted the first part and let the end sentence trail off, I should probably finish the thought. It looks a lot like the guardian wasn't ready to fully help a kid with Zach's past and issues. At best, he wanted to look like the good guy that took a troubled kid to the NBA like a Jewish basketball version of Michael Oher. At worst, he was looking for future profits in some way. Either way, Zach's probably in a better position than he was with his family, but it's only temporary. Don't just give him the fish... teach him how to fish. All these things are easy for me to say as an outsider.
The majority of our physical, emotional, mental development (in which the environment has it's major impact) is from utero to about the age of six. The mother was a user and who knows if she was addicted while Zach was in utero. All we know is Zach was living out of a car when he was young and was cared for by the grandmother when his mom went to jail. It's sad because without guidance at a young age kids will have a tougher time dealing with life.

Some can overcome the handicap. Others can't. It's just as likely that Zach would have gotten into trouble a lot earlier if he didn't get help from the guardian. No way of knowing.

Reaction Score
St. John's Signee Zach Brown Arrested Again for Robbery | Zagsblog

The 7-foot-1, 260-pound center from Miami was arrested early Sunday morning after robbing a Walgreen’s on Taft Street in Hollywood, FL, according to the police report obtained by ZAGSBLOG.

According to the report, Zach Brown and his brother Clayton were standing in line at Walgreen’s “when they reached into the cash register and grabbed an unknown amount of paper currency.”

The kid has a problem.

Reaction Score
What a shame. I hope he can turn his life around and get the help he needs.

Reaction Score

It makes one wonder if he is sabotaging his career in fear of success (think millions). From what I saw concerning his family it appears they are waiting to cash in their meal ticket and claim ownership of the kid. Not to mention the neighborhood 'hanger ons' and mountain of incoming friends.

I've seen it in similar situations, mom/dad, fam and friends waiting for 'their' payday even though they had little if no part in the kid's education or development. It was obvious that the kid had a future money earning career.

The right coach, environment and teammates would help a lot, more like a D2 school far from the City.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It makes one wonder if he is sabotaging his career in fear of success (think millions). From what I saw concerning his family it appears they are waiting to cash in their meal ticket and claim ownership of the kid. Not to mention the neighborhood 'hanger ons' and mountain of incoming friends.

I've seen it in similar situations, mom/dad, fam and friends waiting for 'their' payday even though they had little if no part in the kid's education or development. It was obvious that the kid had a future money earning career.

The right coach, environment and teammates would help a lot, more like a D2 school far from the City.
Hard to say. There are certainly people who sabotage themselves for reasons such as avoiding conflict, because they lack of self worth or to avoid others from destroying them. I just feel for this kid and the thousands like him who self destruct for whatever the reason.

Reaction Score
Hard to say. There are certainly people who sabotage themselves for reasons such as avoiding conflict, because they lack of self worth or to avoid others from destroying them. I just feel for this kid and the thousands like him who self destruct for whatever the reason.
Not necessarily his case but it rings loud and true for those skilled amateur prospects caught up in drug addiction. Sadly many of us can name personal examples of witnessing such sabotage.

Reaction Score
Hey maybe this isn't the place to speculate about the mental health and development of a kid none of us know.
Your don't have to know someone to question someone's mental health. There are signs that point to mental health issues.

Reaction Score

Hey man, the statute of limitations on Marvin Barnes stories does not expire until 2020 (cough cough lead pipe cough cough)

Reaction Score
No more basketball, huh? Will St.John's rescind?

Reaction Score
I find it hard to feel sorry for this kid. He has free will and he has made several bad choices. His choices. He was given a great opportunity and he has chosen to do the wrong thing on repeated occasions. If it were once, I'd give him a pass - we all make mistakes. But this is a pattern.

Reaction Score
That's the work of a master criminal.
I don't know if I'd be more concerned about the actual robbery or the level of stupidity it took for a 7-foot tall, young-looking, and fairly well-known basketball recruit (with a police record) to think that there was any chance he wouldn't get caught with this little scheme. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Reaction Score
Arrested again: EXCLUSIVE: 7' 1" former stud hoops recruit behind bars again

New mugshot:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog