OT: Your warm weather cocktail of choice | The Boneyard

OT: Your warm weather cocktail of choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
If you have to tell us about your beer go ahead but...

this thread is about telling us what your preferred cocktail of choice is when chillin' round the house/yard. Last year I rolled with the Onyx Moonshine with iced tea and a splash of lemon. Quite tasty and smooth. This year I will enjoy lemonade with Absolut Berri Acai and blueberrys added. Of course the margarita will be o cool back-up. Anyone have a good home-made sour mix recipe?

So, what will you be buzzed on this spring and summer?

Reaction Score
Michelada with some sriracha with salt and cayenne pepper on the rim. Also like rum and ginger ale. As for beers I drink a lot of Negra Modelo's in the summer.

Reaction Score
vodka tonic with lime...all summer long. If I go with beers, it's gotta be bud light lime. Goes down like water on those hot summer days on the beach!

Reaction Score
Captain and coke. Buy the Captain by the box up in NH. Just in time for boating season.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Michelada with some sriracha with salt and cayenne pepper on the rim. Also like rum and ginger ale. As for beers I drink a lot of Negra Modelo's in the summer.

Modelo Especials here!

My sister in law works at Rosa Mexican in NYC and keeps saying she's gonna make this Mexican beer with hot sauce yet never does. Her description doesn't sound intriguing. Then again she cooks eggs with a grill spatula.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm gonna side with John - I don't have them often, but if I'm going to have a mixed drink, it's a dark n' stormy. Gosling's Dark Rum and ginger beer.

As for Darren...boaters love Captain's and Coke. No idea why, but every boater I know sucks them down all summer. And winter.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'm gonna side with John - I don't have them often, but if I'm going to have a mixed drink, it's a dark n' stormy. Gosling's Dark Rum and ginger beer.

As for Darren...boaters love Captain's and Coke. No idea why, but every boater I know sucks them down all summer. And winter.

We did a schooner ride out of Newport this past summer and they served these dark-n-stormys. They were okay.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We did a schooner ride out of Newport this past summer and they served these dark-n-stormys. They were okay.

We went to Bermuda once and it was the national drink or something. I'm not very adventurous so I just stick with them - my wife, probably to help her endure me, will try any sort of mixed drink.

We also found a wine that I actually liked...the name is a mouthful and I don't remember what it cost - Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Vin Gris. We met the winemaker and he explained how they made it...I remembered none of it, but I did like the stuff.

Reaction Score
Gotta go with a dark and stormy as well. If you can find it, use Maine Root Ginger Beer. By far the best stuff, and it adds a kick of spice. They should sell it in any Whole Foods if you have one nearby.

Reaction Score
Modelo Especials here!

My sister in law works at Rosa Mexican in NYC and keeps saying she's gonna make this Mexican beer with hot sauce yet never does. Her description doesn't sound intriguing. Then again she cooks eggs with a grill spatula.
Michelada's are delicious. Get yourself a light Mexican beer, clamato, muddle a lime, a dash of Worcestershire or soy sauce, a dash of celery salt, hot sauce I use sriracha instead and finish off with a bit of pepper and then salt the rim, I mix cayenne with the salt to give it even more of a kick. It can be a little spicy then just add some more beer to it. If you like bloody Mary's you will probably like a michelada, I think they are definitely tastier.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Tullamore Dew with a couple of rocks! Fine Irish sippin' whiskey. Smoother than a baby's arse.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I drink a lot of Dark & Stormy's. Moscow Mules (vodka instead of dark rum) are also good.

Pimm's Cup is a great summer drink.

Reaction Score
Grey goose with a splash of lemonade.

Also like Leinenkugal summer shandy of we are talking beer-type drinks

Reaction Score
Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Vin Gris. We met the winemaker and he explained how they made it...I remembered none of it, but I did like the stuff.

Williams Selyem is a great winery - pretty much everything they put out is fantastic, I think.

As far as summer drinks I like a good paloma: tequila with grapefruit soda, lime and salt but if I'm being honest I gotta go with a campari and soda or, if I feel like getting messy, a couple really well made negronis. Out in public it's just Tito's and soda.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Tried Dark n' Stormy's a few summers ago, had a hard time finding whatever the official ginger beer is supposed to be. This summer took a detour into caipirnhas (cachaça and muddled limes/sugar). Also waded through some Plymouth gin martinis, not too dry.

Reaction Score
Williams Selyem is a great winery - pretty much everything they put out is fantastic, I think.

As far as summer drinks I like a good paloma: tequila with grapefruit soda, lime and salt but if I'm being honest I gotta go with a campari and soda or, if I feel like getting messy, a couple really well made negronis. Out in public it's just Tito's and soda.
Sounds like you are a big Campari fan, haven't had a Campari and soda in a while but I used to like them.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Warm weather= Goose and fresh squeezed lemonade!!

Cold weather= White Russian!!

Beer= Balentines ale!!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Grey goose with a splash of lemonade.

Also like Leinenkugal summer shandy of we are talking beer-type drinks
My wife and are craving the summer shady's from Leinenkugal. We first had them at the Gathering of the Vibes and found that all packies were out by then. We won't miss them this summer.

Reaction Score
Coke and jim... well that is my winter drink also...

Gin and tonic

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

They're hard to find unless you're on the buy list or if you live near WS in California or Millbrook Winery in NY.

I know zero about wine, but was smart enough to get on their wait list years ago and have been on their buy list for five years or so.

One of my few 'cultured' events of the year are the spring and fall pick up weekends at the Millbrook Winery to pick up whatever WS wine we've ordered. You get to meet the winemaker, Bob Cabral, in a very relaxed setting and ask him questions that reveal the hayseed you really are.

He knows his customers. To some people, he gives long, exhaustive descriptions of the wines.

To me, he pretty goes, "Tasty, ain't it?"

And I nod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member