OT: World Series -- Who Ya Got? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: World Series -- Who Ya Got?

Reaction Score
I always thought Pujols was clearly the better hitter but the lifetime numbers will be pretty damn close. One thing you have to factor in is that we know ARod was on PED's for most of his career, we don't know for sure about Pujols.

Well, yes we do.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I can't believe I fell asleep.

Actually, I can. I just was saying the other day how I'm sports watching mush.

Every game I decide to stop watching becomes all time great, the ones I force myself to watch to the end, nothing.

Reaction Score
I don´t care, just happy the Yankees are not in it. They spend more than anyone else, kinda funny to see them get beat by a team that spends half as much.

Reaction Score
I don´t care, just happy the Yankees are not in it. They spend more than anyone else, kinda funny to see them get beat by a team that spends half as much.
Dodgers have had the highest payroll for the past 4 years.

Reaction Score

Dodgers #1 and the Sox have spent more over the last few years as they try to catch up, oh and they didn’t win a series in the playoffs this year did they? Lol

Reaction Score
Dodgers #1 and the Sox have spent more over the last few years as they try to catch up, oh and they didn’t win a series in the playoffs this year did they? Lol

Yanks had a higher payroll than the Sox this year.

Reaction Score
Yanks had a higher payroll than the Sox this year.

I said catching up over the years, spending more per year after they were so far behind the Yanks and Dodgers. It’s close now and they also lose to teams who spend a ton less.

But this happens a lot to high spending teams but how does Houston keep this team together without becoming a big spender? More than likely they don’t.

Reaction Score
I said catching up over the years, spending more per year after they were so far behind the Yanks and Dodgers. It’s close now and they also lose to teams who spend a ton less.

But this happens a lot to high spending teams but how does Houston keep this team together without becoming a big spender? More than likely they don’t.

Not sure why you needed to point that out. Yanks lost to the same team, the same logic would apply.

We'll find out soon what the Stros plan to do though. Kuechel is a free agent after next year and Altuve the year after that.

Reaction Score
Not sure why you needed to point that out. Yanks lost to the same team, the same logic would apply.

We'll find out soon what the Stros plan to do though. Kuechel is a free agent after next year and Altuve the year after that.

They also beat the hottest team in baseball at the time and went 7 with these guys. That considering they really haven't spent much over the years to improve rather going young. They were twice Boston early 2000's remember.

FYI Reply I was answering:

They spend more than anyone else, kinda funny to see them get beat by a team that spends half as much.

Just letting him know the Yanks weren't the only one assuming he's a Sox fan since that would be the pattern. But the Stro's will be fine another year maybe even 2 but either they spend at some point or become the Marlins. Will be interesting they certainly have a damn good lineup, bullpen is very suspect as we've seen they need to spend to make that better.

Reaction Score
No, they did not. I am not a sox fan though.

Reaction Score
They also beat the hottest team in baseball at the time and went 7 with these guys. That considering they really haven't spent much over the years to improve rather going young. They were twice Boston early 2000's remember.

FYI Reply I was answering:

They spend more than anyone else, kinda funny to see them get beat by a team that spends half as much.

Just letting him know the Yanks weren't the only one assuming he's a Sox fan since that would be the pattern. But the Stro's will be fine another year maybe even 2 but either they spend at some point or become the Marlins. Will be interesting they certainly have a damn good lineup, bullpen is very suspect as we've seen they need to spend to make that better.

Who's to say we wouldn't have beaten Cleveland this year if given the chance? We might have both just lost to the best team.

The core of your team is young, but you were still the 2nd highest payroll at 200 million. Wouldn't say that "not spending much" is the right way to put that. Pretty similar to the Sox, just that you've spent a bit more. I've never been one to fault the Yanks for outspending everybody though, you should want your team to invest in the on field product.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The Astros, win or lose will find out very quickly what they will need to spend to keep any of their starters
You have to spend money, ridiculous amounts unfortunately, to keep or attract any decent players - and decent these days are marginal compared to days gone by
Baseball, as basketball, has gotten way out of hand - almost to the point to where it has lost a bit of my interest
I miss the days of players staying at least 5 years with the same team!!!
Go Cubbies

Reaction Score
The Astros, win or lose will find out very quickly what they will need to spend to keep any of their starters
You have to spend money, ridiculous amounts unfortunately, to keep or attract any decent players - and decent these days are marginal compared to days gone by
Baseball, as basketball, has gotten way out of hand - almost to the point to where it has lost a bit of my interest
I miss the days of players staying at least 5 years with the same team!!!
Go Cubbies

Besides Kuechel Stros have the rest of that core under control for awhile.

Reaction Score
Who's to say we wouldn't have beaten Cleveland this year if given the chance? We might have both just lost to the best team.

The core of your team is young, but you were still the 2nd highest payroll at 200 million. Wouldn't say that "not spending much" is the right way to put that. Pretty similar to the Sox, just that you've spent a bit more. I've never been one to fault the Yanks for outspending everybody though, you should want your team to invest in the on field product.

Again never said the Yanks don’t spend more but is it not noticeable the spend went up when the Sox started winning more consistently? Yanks have flatlined almost over the last few years a credit to them trying to get young while the Sox were once near or under 100m and now are close to doubling that. Like you say as fans you would hope they would their brand is huge now.

Don’t think they were beating anyone the way they were pitching and hitting quite honestly. But that’s just me.

Reaction Score
Again never said the Yanks don’t spend more but is it not noticeable the spend went up when the Sox started winning more consistently? Yanks have flatlined almost over the last few years a credit to them trying to get young while the Sox were once near or under 100m and now are close to doubling that. Like you say as fans you would hope they would their brand is huge now.

Don’t think they were beating anyone the way they were pitching and hitting quite honestly. But that’s just me.

Sox have pretty consistently been somewhere in the top 3-5 payrolls pretty much ever since they signed Manny. Team salaries across the league have gone way up the last 10 years or so anyways. Back in the mid 00's there were only 8-10 teams with 100m+ payroll, this year there were over 20 teams that were over 100m.

Reaction Score
I can't believe I fell asleep.

Actually, I can. I just was saying the other day how I'm sports watching mush.

Every game I decide to stop watching becomes all time great, the ones I force myself to watch to the end, nothing.
I hope you broke the trend and stayed up to watch tonight's game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom