OT: World Series -- Who Ya Got? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: World Series -- Who Ya Got?

Reaction Score
Your posts hurt everyone on the board. I suggest the Friar and or Orange forum.

That's a good idea, maybe you should go be angry over there. Sorry your comparison blew up in your face and this is all you can resort to. I'm pretty embarrassed for you right now.

Reaction Score
That's a good idea, maybe you should go be angry over there. Sorry your comparison blew up in your face and this is all you can resort to. I'm pretty embarrassed for you right now.
You recently argued for a couple days straight that the Yankees weren't a better organization than the Red Sox and somehow that's not even close to as ridiculous as you get. Which brings me to the question of why you continue to post on a board where nobody values your opinion?

Reaction Score
You recently argued for a couple days straight that the Yankees weren't a better organization than the Red Sox and somehow that's not even close to as ridiculous as you get. Which brings me to the question of why you continue to post on a board where nobody values your opinion?

I actually never said that, but it doesn't shock me that you're saying that here for the sake of trying to argue. You're getting off topic though, which was about the quite frankly awful and unnecessary comparison you had tried to make for the purposes of starting an argument. You are one sad, angry, delusional individual.

Reaction Score
Schilling was amazing in some big playoff games but he's just not on Kershaw's level. Kershaw is one of the best pitchers ever.

Please read again superjohn and tell me I’m wrong????

Until last night he hasn’t been good in the postseason never said Schilling was as good I hate The Schill geez man. I know he wasn't Kershaw in the regular season and not too close either.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Please read again superjohn and tell me I’m wrong????

Until last night he hasn’t been good in the postseason never said Schilling was as good I hate The Schill geez man. I know he wasn't Kershaw in the regular season and not too close either.
I know that, I was just reiterating that Kershaw and Schilling aren't at all on the same level. Kershaw is the best pitcher of his generation despite having some postseason slip-ups, even without the steroids Bonds was the best hitter of his generation despite also having some postseason slip-ups.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Btw just to help my guy Justice, he wasn't exactly a sub replacement level player, he was an all-star level player.

The comparison isn't crazy nor perfect, for cryin' out loud.

Argue, argue, argue.

Reaction Score
Btw just to help my guy Justice, he wasn't exactly a sub replacement level player, he was an all-star level player.

Argue, argue, argue.
Yeah but Bonds is arguably the best player to ever play unless you’re comparing him to the elite in the HOF it’s pretty crazy.

Reaction Score

Argue, argue, argue.
He's one of the best playoff performers and an all-star level player who won't make the Hall, that's why I brought him up.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just read that Springer is wearing cleats with UConn on them for the series. So Houston.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Yeah but Bonds is arguably the best player to ever play unless you’re comparing him to the elite in the HOF it’s pretty crazy.

Well not really, in this case, since he was comparing an all time great pitcher to a just below HOF pitcher who did great in the playoffs.

Again, it's neither completely perfect nor completely insane as a comparison.

Reaction Score
Schilling is an arguable case for the HoF, Justice is not. Kershaw is an ATG but not likely to go down as the greatest pitcher ever. Bonds is the best hitter ever at his peak, and arguably the best positional player ever.

You made an obvious comparison that wasn't really necessary. My annoyance toward you is the fact that you decided to randomly take a more extreme example and compare that directly to Kershaw/Schilling, even though nobody had said Schilling was better overall than Kershaw. Pretty ironic you're asking me if I like to argue given the content of the totally unnecessary comparison you had made for the sake of being able to chime in and argue. Unsurprising given who it's coming from though, since that's your gimmick. Argue and try to be as big a as possible.

Bonds is not the best hitter at his peak. His peak years you speak of he was in HGH monster. Previous to those years where he was clearly taking HGH he was a first-ballot hall-of-famer but that wasn't good enough for him. It took him to take HGH to put up those historic seasons has surpassed Babe Ruth Honus Wagner Roger Hornsby and other amazing offense of years of other players. But if you look at the top 25-50 of the greatest offensive seasons of all time Babe Ruth is the greatest offensive player of all time bar none.

Ted Williams is the greatest hitter of all time and it pains me to say it Manny Ramirez might have been the greatest right handed hitter of all time

Reaction Score
Bonds is not the best hitter at his peak. His peak years you speak of he was in HGH monster. Previous to those years where he was clearly taking HGH he was a first-ballot hall-of-famer but that wasn't good enough for him. It took him to take HGH to put up those historic seasons has surpassed Babe Ruth Honus Wagner Roger Hornsby and other amazing offense of years of other players. But if you look at the top 25-50 of the greatest offensive seasons of all time Babe Ruth is the greatest offensive player of all time bar none.

Ted Williams is the greatest hitter of all time and it pains me to say it Manny Ramirez might have been the greatest right handed hitter of all time
Manny was also on roids and Ruth played in an all white league but he was so much better than anyone else from that era. Your point about Bonds is true though, a truly great all around player (3 MVP's) who would have been first ballot Hall of fame who was sick of seeing McGwire and Sosa get all the accolades so he made himself superhuman in his late 30's. Without the drugs he was nowhere near the best hitter of all-time, his own godfather was a better hitter.

Reaction Score

Bonds was an HGH monster when the majority of the league was taking stuff. He was still far and away the best hitter. From 2000-04 Bonds went .339/.535/.781 and 51.1 WAR. Nobody in the post segregation history of baseball can match that stat line, and only Mays has a better 5 year WAR. I'm personally not particularly inclined to ignore the numbers due to Bonds being a juiced out monster when that was the norm for the time and MLB was complicit in players using during that era post-strike.

Not sure if Manny is the best RHH ever, but he definitely has the best righty swing I've ever seen, especially whenever he'd launch a ball oppo.

Reaction Score

Arod is the best RH hitter of all time and I’m a diehard Sox fan. Manny is up there though

Reaction Score
Not going to happen often but when looking at Pujols I have to agree, these 2 were much more comparable than I thought. Albert had a phenomenal run of consistency with BA (higher than ARod)/HR/RBI if you take a solid 12 years in a row vs ARod. Pujols had some nice .330 plus years with 40 plus HR's while ARod was always around .310 area give or take and maybe a little bugger HR and RBI but damn these guys were real close. Rod had a couple more huge years but this argument can be heard both ways, no winners or losers here. 2 great impact hitters.

Reaction Score
Not going to happen often but when looking at Pujols I have to agree, these 2 were much more comparable than I thought. Albert had a phenomenal run of consistency with BA (higher than ARod)/HR/RBI if you take a solid 12 years in a row vs ARod. Pujols had some nice .330 plus years with 40 plus HR's while ARod was always around .310 area give or take and maybe a little bugger HR and RBI but damn these guys were real close. Rod had a couple more huge years but this argument can be heard both ways, no winners or losers here. 2 great impact hitters.
Consider, Pujols has 3 MVPs, but came in second to roided-up Barry Bonds 2x and hit 49 HRs while batting 33o but came in second to Ryan Howard (who had a very good year, but lower WAR, lower OPS, lower everything but HR and RBI).

I think Pujols is the greatest hitter I've seen who isn't obviously roided up. And he might approach 700 HRs.

Reaction Score
Consider, Pujols has 3 MVPs, but came in second to roided-up Barry Bonds 2x and hit 49 HRs while batting 33o but came in second to Ryan Howard (who had a very good year, but lower WAR, lower OPS, lower everything but HR and RBI).

I think Pujols is the greatest hitter I've seen who isn't obviously roided up. And he might approach 700 HRs.

Just a great all around hitter too. Power, eye, contact skills. I think he goes over 700, he still has 4 years left on his contract for massive money that he won't walk away from, and even if he doesn't get to 700 in those 4 years, he probably ends up close enough to take a swansong year with somebody just to get that mark.

Reaction Score
I'd put Pujols above Arod. His 10-11 year run with the Cards was incredible.
Oh totally, the consistency Pujols had in the 00's is criminally underappreciated but watching and hating Arod for SOOO many years has me biased. Both had swings that every RH should model themselves after, Manny not so much but I think he had the most "pure" power out of all of them. I grew up in the steroid era so it's hard for me to really care about individuals and what they took because IMO the entire league was tainted and that part of baseball history shouldn't be erased.

Reaction Score
Oh totally, the consistency Pujols had in the 00's is criminally underappreciated but watching and hating Arod for SOOO many years has me biased. Both had swings that every RH should model themselves after, Manny not so much but I think he had the most "pure" power out of all of them. I grew up in the steroid era so it's hard for me to really care about individuals and what they took because IMO the entire league was tainted and that part of baseball history shouldn't be erased.

Manny had the best swing of the 3, then Arod, then about 600 other guys from that era, then Pujols. His stance and swing is not something you'd teach a little leaguer.

Reaction Score
Dodgers are just loaded, the Astros have no margin for error, Verlander and Keuchel have to be practically perfect against this lineup, now Astros have to PH for Verlander here.

Reaction Score
Dodgers are by far the best team in baseball, have been from start to finish. Bummed the Yankees didn't make the World Series but they wouldn't have beaten the Dodgers.

Reaction Score
This was as big of a must win without actually being one with Verlander on the bump. 'Stros are toast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom