OT: World Cup | Page 38 | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
damn it. Yedlin for Zusi. If Jones gets a yellow, Jurgen is officially the goat.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If this holds, we'll hopefully have Altidore back and we are in with a chance.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Bullshit call. This ref has been inconsistent.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I am someone who said there was no way US makes it through this group. I was very wrong and am really impressed with the effort put through by the boys. Made me look like an idiot.

We got a little lucky, but we got a lot unlucky too. We have 6 days off. Plenty of time for Altidore.

Let's move on!

Reaction Score
Did we have a shot on goal the whole game? That last shot the guy had the whole left side of the net to shoot at and he tries to put it to the goalie's short side through 2 defenders.

In any event, I felt like I was watching UConn v. Louisvill 2014 right up until the last flurry. We were just shut down on O. I thought our D was good, but if you score 0, your D has to be perfect.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
In the words of Wolfman, "This gives me a hard on".

Might have had something to do with those massive tits bouncing on TV a few seconds ago.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Did we have a shot on goal the whole game? That last shot the guy had the whole left side of the net to shoot at and he tries to put it to the goalie's short side through 2 defenders.

In any event, I felt like I was watching UConn v. Louisvill 2014 right up until the last flurry. We were just shut down on O. I thought our D was good, but if you score 0, your D has to be perfect.

I absolutely believe we were gassed from Manaus. That place is hell. Teams are something like 1-8-1 after playing there.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That was such a bad call. I cant believe that he called that.

There was also the play on call earlier (up the middle) where we couldn't control it. Then he didn't even give us the call after we coughed it up.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
That initial save by Howard was phenomenal and it was frustrating that nobody could corral the Germans after that ... but hey, they advanced!!

Reaction Score
tykurez said:
That initial save by Howard was phenomenal and it was frustrating that nobody could corral the Germans after that ... but hey, they advanced!!

Yeah - we had five guys in the box all ball watching. But that's normal on a corner to make sure you see deflections and clear it. Muller just had a quality finish through traffic. But We didn't defend the short corner, or the cross, or the rebound.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Maybe non-SA teams. Argentina and Colombia have packed stadiums, as you'd expect.

USA bought 196,838 tickets. The next most was neighbor Argentina, at 61,021. Columbia is around 55k and Mexico 34.5k So even among SA teams, we are more than 3 times the next country.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I absolutely believe we were gassed from Manaus. That place is hell. Teams are something like 1-8-1 after playing there.

And the one winner was Portugal today. goal differential after playing there is awful as well

Reaction Score
I think that Manaus took its toll; then giving Germany an extra days rest didn't help. Finally playing in Recife in rain and a very wet pitch, that takes a lot out of your legs. A dry fast pitch would have helped the US. The German four backs are pretty slow and very vulnerable to speed on the flanks. BS foul on Beasley late. Expect to see Belgium, very talented players; classic sum of the parts is greater than the whole team.

So far you have to give credit to Klinsman. His subs have been good. It would help if Altidore is available if only as a sub for Belgium.
Will the US be able to elevate its game? Will Belgium under achieve again? Belgium is do able, after that it is really unlikely.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Cant believe how many uninformed people are saying we didn't deserve to go on because we lost or that we backed in. Or are knocking the World Cup in general. Group play = mini regular season. Pretty easy stuff to grasp.

I was thinking the same thing. What if we happened to have played the Ghana game today, would we have backed in still?

Reaction Score
Cant believe how many uninformed people are saying we didn't deserve to go on because we lost or that we backed in. Or are knocking the World Cup in general. Group play = mini regular season. Pretty easy stuff to grasp.

Only morons think that round robin play is unique to soccer.

Reaction Score
HuskyHawk said:
USA bought 196,838 tickets. The next most was neighbor Argentina, at 61,021. Columbia is around 55k and Mexico 34.5k So even among SA teams, we are more than 3 times the next country.

Seems odd. Argentina fans have overwhelmed their stadiums with blue and white shirts. Maybe it is since a lot of Argentinians live in Brazil and aren't included in the numbers?

Either way, US has traveled great and been very vocal so that's been awesome. Could help against Belgium.

Reaction Score
Belgium is a very good team. In fact, the last time before today where the US was completely outmatched was a friendly against Belgium last year.

Granted, that was a completely different US team, but Belgium is for real.

They have a very strong defense, with defenders who are very good on the ball.

Klinsmann will have some thinking to do about how he plans to attack them.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

But that shot though. Clinical finish.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

People are stupid. They were calling for benching Bradley after his first 2 rough matches. And while he wasn't good, they neglected to mention who they'd put in attacking mid, with Dempsey locked in at striker. There is no one else.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. What if we happened to have played the Ghana game today, would we have backed in still?

We would have been run into the friggin ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom