OT: Who has Comcast/Xfinity | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Who has Comcast/Xfinity

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I pay $85 a month for internet and PS Vue. Gets me all the channels I need for UConn (all the ESPNs, CBS Sports Network, SNY) along with NFL network and FS1 and 2 if I ever want to watch the Big East. Not regretting having cut the cord for a second.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I pay $85 a month for internet and PS Vue. Gets me all the channels I need for UConn (all the ESPNs, CBS Sports Network, SNY) along with NFL network and FS1 and 2 if I ever want to watch the Big East. Not regretting having cut the cord for a second.

I need to learn more about this. Please PM me when you get a chance.

Reaction Score

I have wanted to switch to psvue for a while now as i would save about $70/ month but the wife won't allow. She doesn't want to learn to use a new system and loves the X1 system too much

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I have wanted to switch to psvue for a while now as i would save about $70/ month but the wife won't allow. She doesn't want to learn to use a new system and loves the X1 system too much

That's fine. My wife didn't want to switch either, then our boiler died and we had to re-assess the budget. I told her that I could save us over $100 a month on cable, and she finally caved.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

That's fine. My wife didn't want to switch either, then our boiler died and we had to re-assess the budget. I told her that I could save us over $100 a month on cable, and she finally caved.
There you go, @methodology , kill your boiler.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Joober - I did the same thing. I have Comcast for internet (boost) for 80/month. I also recommend buying a good modem and router for a combined 150-200$. That way you don't have to rent their modem for 10-15$/month for eternity.

I have the top PSVue package at 80/month. So for me 160 is way cheaper than the 210ish a month I was with the triple play. you don't get like history channel or Comedy central or MTV. but you get most everything else.

Reaction Score
Was that on a Select Triple Play? , that sounds right. That will give you 220 channels including the important sports networks that carry the necessary channels for UConn games.
Yes i think so. I have preferred package now. Was told i would keep same channels i have now.

Reaction Score
This is what i would like too. But need MSG for hockey. SNY/NESN/YES for baseball.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I pay $80 a month for Xfinity blast and another $100 for Directv

Still may ditch Directv for Directv online which would save me another $40 a month.

Reaction Score
I pay $136 including tax for Blast Internet and Preferred package with Starz. I would like to do PSVUE and AT&T Fiber but I would need the PSVUE $45 package with AT&T 300 GB Fiber package for $70. So after taxes I'm guessing I'm around $125. Not really ideal. I guess I could do the 100GB Fiber for AT&T but that only save me another $20 and I have to pay for installation. Sling is a no after finding out you can't do multiple TV's with their orange package channels. Only one TV can be on Orange channels at a time.

Reaction Score
I have every channel...and I mean every channel(Russian, Saigon, every sports premium, etc) Blast internet, land line....4 X1 boxes 1 standard box...pay just under 50 bucks a month. This is one of my employee benefits.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It looks like PSVue went up. The lowest tier is $40 instead of $35, and the one with all the sports channels we would need is now $50.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
X1 is great because they change the channel line up so much. We have a land line only because the bundle is cheaper than a la carte Internet and TV. We hardly ever give out that number and only my parents call our house. It is useful as a pager when we drop our cells between the couch cushions too. We went Internet-only for 3 months during the transition from old house to new.

As a sports junkie (of mostly local teams), cutting the cord is doable, but as @whaler11 implied in a different thread, why do that to yourself if you have the means (I think his comment was along the lines of he'd slit his own throat if he had to scouer the internet for crappy links to SD programming. Something like that...). 720p looks decent on a computer screen, tablet or phone. It looks awful on 65 inch 4K display.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
As a sports junkie (of mostly local teams), cutting the cord is doable, but as @whaler11 implied in a different thread, why do that to yourself if you have the means (I think his comment was along the lines of he'd slit his own throat if he had to scouer the internet for crappy links to SD programming. Something like that...). 720p looks decent on a computer screen, tablet or phone. It looks awful on 65 inch 4K display.

Cutting the cord has come a long way the last few years. I did it and I get all of the sports I want (Mets, UConn, NFL). In HD, no scouring the internet, and for over $100 less than what my old Comcast bundle cost.

Reaction Score
I have every channel...and I mean every channel(Russian, Saigon, every sports premium, etc) Blast internet, land line....4 X1 boxes 1 standard box...pay just under 50 bucks a month. This is one of my employee benefits.
I miss this. Lost it when I moved to Georgia.

Reaction Score
Do you get local channels without antenna?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Do you get local channels without antenna?

The only local network I don't get is Fox 61. We get the national feed. I don't get My9 or whatever channel 11 is nowadays, either. But CBS, NBC, and ABC are all local.

Reaction Score
How do i get a job at your company? LOL

Reaction Score
Cutting the cord has come a long way the last few years. I did it and I get all of the sports I want (Mets, UConn, NFL). In HD, no scouring the internet, and for over $100 less than what my old Comcast bundle cost.
On your TV or phone/computer?
My problem is what the wife watches.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
On your TV or phone/computer?
My problem is what the wife watches.

TV. I just plug my Amazon Fire Stick in and can watch all of my live TV through PS Vue, Netflix, Amazon Prime video, etc.

Reaction Score
I've never understood why internet prices are so high in the states, especially with the resources and infrastructure (which might not be as good as most of western Europe or Canada or what not but still...all the way down at 114 for affordability).. .

The Most And Least Expensive Countries For Broadband [Infographic]
In terms of raw prices, the U.S. ranks among the highest in the world in the cost of phone data plans. According to research by the International Telecommunication Union(ITU) the average phone plan with 500MB of data costs $85 in the U.S., compared to $24.10 in China and $8.80 in the U.K., in terms of U.S. dollar Purchasing-power Parity (PPP).

The Economist has created a great interactive map showing off the price disparity across the globe, which illustrates how far behind the U.S. is in terms of the price of mobile data. Again in terms of the raw price of purchasing mobile phone plans with data, the U.S. is in the company of countries like Botswana, Angola and Morocco

Consumers should vote with their wallet more, especially if it is an issue of fewer and fewer companies controlling more and more, before it is too late.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom