OT: Who has Comcast/Xfinity | The Boneyard

OT: Who has Comcast/Xfinity

Reaction Score
Triple play cable TV, Phone and Internet. Satisfied? Lose service at all?

Reaction Score
I’ve had some internet issues but nothing that wasn’t resolved in an hour or so. I pay around 200 month but my employer reimburses me for the internet and phone.

Reaction Score
Have every channel High Speed Internet and Home phone. almost never have a problem. I know you have a 30 day money back guarantee and if you sign a contract and have repeated issues they will let you out of it.

Reaction Score
Here is what to consider...who is watching....what are they watching....you can get Internet alone, but then need some combination of Hulu, Amazon, Netflix , Youtube....and so on. Do you need a land line(If you have kids at home it is not a bad idea.

Reaction Score
Living in apartments in Boston for most of my adult life, Comcast was the only option and I hated it.

Frequent cable service interrupts. They are good at getting things running again, bad at preventing things from going down again.

Switched to Fios when I bought my house. Much less headaches, but the On Demand is better on Comcast.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Great service, best internet, hate the monthly bill

Best 300 bucks a month I spend . X1 rules

Xfinity has been my best cable experience. Great tech, internet, on demand, stability, etc. the bill sucks, though.

I’m with these guys and lean more to the bill sucks side, but honestly it’s the least of my worries and that is worth something.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
My modem they supplied drops out occasionally and I have to reboot it once a week. I don't think it is X1 though, is it an upgrade or am I just using their old hardware?

Reaction Score
My modem they supplied drops out occasionally and I have to reboot it once a week. I don't think it is X1 though, is it an upgrade or am I just using their old hardware?
Modem has nothing to do with X1.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I live in the sticks. Just can't bother cutting that cord. As stated by Jerry above...X1 is great and easy to use. My wife and I love the boob tube, our internets and the land line. The bill sucks but we do okay with income so it.

Never have service issues, either. But man, that AAA-like treatment at the service centers. I had to go to open an account for my moms. Took 40 minutes. So many people walked in and left ticked off for whatever reasons.

Reaction Score
Only have internet for now, stream with ps vue and it days me about $40/month. I will say the X1 is freakin' great but was not worth the extra costs for us.

Reaction Score
I live in the sticks. Just can't bother cutting that cord. As stated by Jerry above...X1 is great and easy to use. My wife and I love the boob tube, our internets and the land line. The bill sucks but we do okay with income so it.

Never have service issues, either. But man, that AAA-like treatment at the service centers. I had to go to open an account for my moms. Took 40 minutes. So many people walked in and left ticked off for whatever reasons.

Aren't you a millennial? Why do you have a landline?

Reaction Score
Do you know how old your modem is. Need to upgrade every couple years. They will mail the most resent and you can either drop off or they send a return box with postage. Cost is the same, unless you go with GIG speed.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Triple play cable TV, Phone and Internet. Satisfied? Lose service at all?
I do and yes I lose service a lot. I was having issues with tiling last week and after an hour or so it couldn't be fixed with reboots. Xfinity came out three days later and said that the problem was out in the street not in the house and they would have to send a different repair person. He came out spent an hour across the street and the problem was fixed. An hour later I get a text from my next door neighbor asking if I lost internet. I didn't but apparently the repair guy "unplugged" his internet. This week I lost internet service myself twice and had to reboot.

Reaction Score
I've had them for years. Pay about $180/month for everything. I can add the sports entertainment package (includes CBS Sports, SNY, ESPNU) on a month to month basis for $10.

Reaction Score
What is your bill? Was quoted 2 years $151.oo/month for 2 TVs
Was that on a Select Triple Play? , that sounds right. That will give you 220 channels including the important sports networks that carry the necessary channels for UConn games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom