(OT) What's been your reaction to Covid-19 vaccine ? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

(OT) What's been your reaction to Covid-19 vaccine ?

Reaction Score
First Pfizer shot yesterday. Honestly haven’t noticed any reactions. My wife said her arm felt sore. They scheduled us (wife and I) for second in 3 weeks, same time, same place.

Been hearing horror stories of next age group (64-55) trying to get on the schedule.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Had my first vaccine injection but was notified that my second shot was "cancelled" because of lack of product. I was annoyed:
1) They misspelled canceled.
2) The procedure wasn't canceled, it was "postponed."
3) I want that second injection.

Now, get off my lawn.

Reaction Score
First Pfizer shot yesterday. Honestly haven’t noticed any reactions. My wife said her arm felt sore. They scheduled us (wife and I) for second in 3 weeks, same time, same place.

Been hearing horror stories of next age group (64-55) trying to get on the schedule.
I’m in the next age group. It’s just impossible. I’ve been looking at least 10 times a day. Half the links on the state website don’t work. The ones that do work are just a blind alley. I live in eastern Connecticut on the Rhode Island line. I was able to schedule my mother through VAMS without issue. For some reason though, all of the health department clinics don’t appear in VAMS anymore. I don’t know if they canceled them because they are vaccinating all the teachers or for some other reason. That leaves three places in VAMS within any kind of reasonable drive. There is no availability at any of them. CVS and Walgreens have nothing for availability. Every time you try to sign up for a different site, for example Hartford Healthcare, you have to provide all of your personal information, including your Social Security number which is ridiculous. And then after you sign up they tell you sorry we don’t have anything. I finally called the hotline, got through after about 25 tries (it just hangs up on you most of the time) and the only place that they could schedule me was in Enfield. That is just too far of a drive. It’s incredibly ironic, considering that my town has one of the lowest vaccination rates and highest case rates in the state. I think it’s just that we are rural and they really don’t care. Rant over.

Last edited:

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Qualified for it because of my work, first Pfizer shot 16 days ago, second shot scheduled for this coming Thursday (apparently 21 days later is optimal for the second Pfizer shot).

Fairly sore arm the next day, no other side effects. Mostly just tremendously grateful for the scientific and medical communities, and the tremendous resources this country had to fund them and get (multiple!) highly effective vaccines to market in record time. The miracle of these vaccines is such a bright spot after this past year of darkness.

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's reunions with grandkids, fun vacations, and most of all, someday soon, IN PERSON ATTENDANCE AT WCBB GAMES!
Update: shot two was no joke. Arm was less sore, but woke up the next day to 100.2 fever, massive headache, chills and lethargy. Felt 50% better by nightfall, 90% by the next morning, 100% by 72 hours after the injection. No complaints - so glad to have it - but just a heads up, the purported side effects are no joke, and I wouldn't have wanted to be under an urgent work deadline the day after.

PSA: I found myself CRAVING Gatorade and went through about 96 Oz in 12 hours. I recommend having some on hand for the day after shot two. And keep your calendar light as possible the day after, just in case. Stay safe folks!

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Update after getting my second Moderna shot last Thursday.

My arm was considerably less sore than after the first injection.

But I did have a very mild fever on Friday and felt pretty dogged on and off during the day. For which I was happy since I understand that having this reaction means the vaccine is doing its thing!

All symptoms were gone Saturday morning.

BTW, for those who are waiting for their first doses, moving your arm around after the injection and using a warm pack off and on sometimes helps reduce the swelling.

Reaction Score
My wife and I got the Johnson and Johnson single dose yesterday. Wife and I very mild soreness at the shot injection.

For those trying to get a vaccine go on CVS website and register. Then check early in the morning or late at night you availability. You will be successful. We got ours the next day we used this method. Good luck.

Reaction Score
1st dose I had back in February and I had no ill effects at all. 2nd dose, which I got yesterday was fine until I woke up this morning feeling like I got run over my a truck. Body aches lasted for about 8 hrs then disappeared.
Same thing happened to me. My second day only lasted about four hours. Got the Moderna Vaccine.

Reaction Score
Automated system at the local VA woke me up at 0515 to let me know I was on the schedule for Saturday. I accepted, rolled over and the phone proceeded to go off for the next four hours asking me to verify my appointment time. Now have the one and only J&J onboard with the worst of it being band aid removal.

Reaction Score
Automated system at the local VA woke me up at 0515 to let me know I was on the schedule for Saturday. I accepted, rolled over and the phone proceeded to go off for the next four hours asking me to verify my appointment time. Now have the one and only J&J onboard with the worst of it being band aid removal.
:D Yeah, love the VA. I get them by mailed card, telephone calls and via text...and yes, they will keep asking to verify on the appointment you just verified.

Reaction Score
I’m in the next age group. It’s just impossible. I’ve been looking at least 10 times a day. Half the links on the state website don’t work. The ones that do work are just a blind alley. I live in eastern Connecticut on the Rhode Island line. I was able to schedule my mother through VAMS without issue. For some reason though, all of the health department clinics don’t appear in VAMS anymore. I don’t know if they canceled them because they are vaccinating all the teachers or for some other reason. That leaves three places in VAMS within any kind of reasonable drive. There is no availability at any of them. CVS and Walgreens have nothing for availability. Every time you try to sign up for a different site, for example Hartford Healthcare, you have to provide all of your personal information, including your Social Security number which is ridiculous. And then after you sign up they tell you sorry we don’t have anything. I finally called the hotline, got through after about 25 tries (it just hangs up on you most of the time) and the only place that they could schedule me was in Enfield. That is just too far of a drive. It’s incredibly ironic, considering that my town has one of the lowest vaccination rates and highest case rates in the state. I think it’s just that we are rural and they really don’t care. Rant over.
Got mine through Hartford Healthcare in Torrington. Way too far for you, sorry it’s no help.

Reaction Score
Revelie?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Three weeks ago I received a blast of Moderna. Three hours later I was talking like Johnny Cash and have not stopped since.

Reaction Score
I had my 1st vaccine, Pfizer, on March 5th 8am. My only reaction was soreness where I got the shot the next morning.
I am scheduled for #2 on March 26th same place and time.
I have a lot of friends that had horrible reactions to the Moderna shots!

Reaction Score
Moderna - 1st shot, one month ago - no issues whatsoever.

Moderna - 2nd shot this past Friday, arm was sore Friday evening, by Saturday I was having some light body aches, Saturday night the same plus a little sweating, by Sunday (today) everything back to normal.

Reaction Score
Moderna - 1st shot, one month ago - no issues whatsoever.

Moderna - 2nd shot this past Friday, arm was sore Friday evening, by Saturday I was having some light body aches, Saturday night the same plus a little sweating, by Sunday (today) everything back to normal.
My son said reactions to the second Moderna are quite common. He gets his second on Monday, and he's already planning to take Tuesday off.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Had my first Moderns shot yesterday. Felt fine yesterday. Woke up with a sore arm that subsided as the day wore on. No temp, walk in the park.

Reaction Score
I got the Johnson & Johnson one shot on Saturday night at 12:45am. I was fine yesterday until about 18 hours later and my arm got a little sore. I feel a bit logy today, but I think that has more to do with my hectic weekend of being a restaurant owner.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I got the Johnson & Johnson one shot on Saturday night at 12:45am. I was fine yesterday until about 18 hours later and my arm got a little sore. I feel a bit logy today, but I think that has more to do with my hectic weekend of being a restaurant owner.
Congratulations on being the first on this thread to get the J&J vaccine. All of us BY’ers still waiting for our 2nd shot are envious.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Had my first vaccine injection but was notified that my second shot was "cancelled" because of lack of product. I was annoyed:
1) They misspelled canceled.
2) The procedure wasn't canceled, it was "postponed."
3) I want that second injection.

Now, get off my lawn.
1615213252939.png

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Congratulations on being the first on this thread to get the J&J vaccine. All of us BY’ers still waiting for our 2nd shot are envious.
Amen!
Can I ask what state you're in, ucbart? Curious where the J&J vaccine is rolling out so far. Thanks, and stay healthy - a salutation now easier to follow after yesterday!

Reaction Score
Bart, throw out your restaurant name here (if it's not against the rules), never know you may attract some Boneyard posters...that is if you want any. :D is that the right time, 12:45am?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
1st dose I had back in February and I had no ill effects at all. 2nd dose, which I got yesterday was fine until I woke up this morning feeling like I got run over my a truck. Body aches lasted for about 8 hrs then disappeared.
Thanks for starting this thread! I have sent its URL to several people. Hopefully it will quell their fears.

Reaction Score
Amen!

Can I ask what state you're in, ucbart? Curious where the J&J vaccine is rolling out so far. Thanks, and stay healthy - a salutation now easier to follow after yesterday!
Sure-I live in Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Bart, throw out your restaurant name here (if it's not against the rules), never know you may attract some Boneyard posters...that is if you want any. :D is that the right time, 12:45am?

Well, I live in Syracuse.

And yes, 12:45am. The state fairground's expo center is where most vaccinations are taking place in this county. By day it's Moderna and Pfizer and by night it's Johnson & Johnson. It was actually very well executed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom