(OT) What's been your reaction to Covid-19 vaccine ? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

(OT) What's been your reaction to Covid-19 vaccine ?

Reaction Score
Based on the clinical trials and anecdotal evidence, the side effects from the Moderna vaccine are somewhat harsher than from the Pfizer shot. That's likely because it contains 3X the amount of mRNA, which in itself is inflammatory. But as most people are reporting, the side effects are really no big deal.

For people who worry about such things, in the clinical trials, the side effects from the J&J shot were milder and less frequent. You also don't have to worry about a strong reaction from a second shot.

Reaction Score
I got dose #1 of Pfizer yesterday and no I'll effects. What really did hurt was that in returning home I got too clever by half and decided to take an alternate route to save maybe 5 minutes. Got stuck in accident traffic for an hour.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I received my second Moderna shot last Friday. Before I get into symptoms, six weeks ago I had an appointment with my cardiologists, he asked me about recent other vaccines if any I had received. Like you I had had my 2nd shingle shot a few months prior and had a nasty 2 day reaction Drs. reply expect a worse reaction from the covid shot. He was right on target. First day I was prepared for the worst and got nothing no arm soreness nothing. Saturday morning no symptoms. I was feeling great and thought I had lucked out until 2:30 I got slammed with a massive headache which is just now close to gone 2pm Monday.
Along with the headaches every joint in my body was on fire, my skin hurt, my muscles were in spasm mode which lasted the rest of the day. I was so weak that I was unable to even turn over in my bed. I was unable to fall asleep until after 3am Sunday morning, sleeping until 8am. Waking I continued with the headache and it felt like my check bones were being pushed into my head, my eyebrows hurt and my eyelids were in pain. Today Monday I feel a lot better, still with a slight head ache but much better. I feel blessed that in a few short weeks I will out and about, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Wife received her 2nd last Friday, her reactions were very similar to mine only milder. High bp, and flu like stuff. On Sunday I asked how she was to hear she reply, much better except my eyelids hurt, yes she was serious, I chuckled a bit cause the week before when I told her about my eyelids and eyebrows hurting she laughed at me. Go figure.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Hoorah! Just got my second shot this AM at the Pratt & Whitney site in E. Hartford (Pfizer.) Only a sore arm so far.

Also noticed the CVS in Coventry (Rte 44) is distributing the Moderna vaccine for anyone in the area looking for a shot. Seemed empty when I stopped in.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So, late afternoon yesterday was a little dragging and had a low grade fever for a few hours. Cleared up into the evening and today, just a very sore arm.

Reaction Score
Got my second on the 8th (Moderna). Nothing of note in the line of reactions except Tuesday afternoon I felt a little off and a bit fatigued. Took a nap Woke up hungry. Only other issue is too much napping made it hard to sleep last night. Arm a bit sore like always after a shot. Now to survive the next two weeks so I can party like a teenager :D.

Reaction Score
Got #2 Moderna on 3-9. After my hour walk I decided I needed a nap. Closed my eyes at 2. Opened them at 4:44. Unfortunately never slept. Still tired but we won’t try again until nine or until Caitlin has hit 4 3’s

Reaction Score
Got #2 Moderna on 3-9. After my hour walk I decided I needed a nap. Closed my eyes at 2. Opened them at 4:44. Unfortunately never slept. Still tired but we won’t try again until nine or until Caitlin has hit 4 3’s
Update today feeling 100 percent. But had to watch the whole game as Caitlin didn’t come close to 4 3’s

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Do you expect me to believe there are people in a UConn women's basketball chat room old enough to qualify for the COVID vaccine? :D

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I got first Pfizer on Tuesday. Minor arm pain the day after. I'm 63.
My wife and son both got Moderna in January.
19-year-old son had zero side effects from first shot and minor arm pain day after second shot.
54-year-old wife had minor arm pain for two days after first shot. She felt pretty crappy the day after the second shot – she actually took the day off from work, which she hardly ever does. So I knew she was feeling pretty bad. She felt mildly crappy the day after that. She may have recovered more quickly than a typical person with her reaction because of the outstanding care she received from her amazing husband.

Reaction Score
I had Modena #1 on 3/4. Felt crappy but just on the left side of my body. That lasted about 36 hours and then I played tennis. Not my best tennis, but I competed.

Reaction Score
Just sore arm for both Pfizer doses. Arm was slightly sorer after 1st dose. 2 weeks after second dose on this coming Tuesday.
Same with me for the first dose; second comes on March 30th. A nurse spoke to me before the shot because I take a low dose aspirin, but nothing concerning arose. Anyone who takes blood thinners, though, should talk to a Doc beforehand.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Sure-I live in Syracuse.
Hey ucbart -

Say hello to my daughter and son-in-law if you ever come across them. They actually live in Liverpool - they're both very tall and I'm hoping that my granddaughters will have both at least medium height and bball abilities like Beanna! I took the oldest to the last regionals in Albany when she was 5 and she was attentive the whole time - so there's hope! (And she's also tall for her age!)

All kidding aside, my daughter works for the Syracuse University hospital system and has been really impressed how the regional vaccination site has been run.

And in answer to the question about where the J&J rollout is occurring - I have friends in both WI and MI who have just gotten that vaccine.

As I write this on Friday afternoon, my wife is heading into town for her first Moderna shot at Walgreen's. They called her Wednesday when she was in MN to tell her they had a shot for her that day - so she drove 4.5 hours to find they miscounted. Fortunately, they were able to schedule her today. And equally fortunate, Wisconsin decided this past Monday that ministers are now frontline workers and granted them eligibility.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Mrs. SVC and I received our 1st Moderna shot. Needle must have tiny neither one of us felt it go in. It has been only four hours with not even a sore arm. Which is really odd for Mrs. SVC.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My granddaughter and daughter-in-law both got their first shots at the same facility in Milwaukee earlier this week. My granddaughter got the Moderna. My daughter-in-law, as an educator, got the Pfizer. Different versions at the same facility!

Reaction Score
My blood pressure has gone down each day since I received the first Pfizer dose on Tuesday. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
After waiting my turn (my category) to get my shot, I got it on the first day I was eligible, March 1. I got the Pfizer shot. No effects whatso ever. NONE!! The shot did not hurt, nor did the injection site afterwards. Not one side-effect. I guess I'm still a tough old bird!! :cool: I get the second shot a week from Monday, and happy to do so.

The clinical offices where my wife and I received our shot, was busy all day. The line was wrapped around the building all morning beginning at 6:30 am for an 8:00 am appointment. You had to have an appointment!! All old folks, no youngsters. They had a line for those getting COVID-19 shots, and another one across the parking lot for folks getting COVID tests. The COVID virus is real and deadly. I respect it.

I wear a double mask when I go out, and will continue to do so at least to the end of the year. I respect everyone and their personal space. I'll patiently wait for "herd immunity" to take effect before I will dine in a restaurant or go to a movie. I feel terrible for all of the old folks (and their families) in nursing homes and assisted living facilities that died from it through no fault of their own.

Several of my fellow church members died from it. You realize how real it is when you know you won't see them at services anymore. Folks that I've known for years and served with. While I know one of these days I have to go, I'm not ready yet, and I'm not going to poke the bear.

Thanks goodness for the vaccine. It will save millions of lives of people like you and me. The one thing we can all agreed on about death is..........................it's permanent!! I hope everyone in the yard won't tempt fate and will get their vaccine shots if you haven't already done so. We don't want to lose anyone. I think we're looking at a NC next season, and we need ALL hands on board to help Geno pull it off. Be well everyone and stay safe. Go Huskies! :)

Last edited:

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
My blood pressure has gone down each day since I received the first Pfizer dose on Tuesday. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
My wife received the moderna after the 2nd her pressure went up considerable lasted 2 days.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Do you expect me to believe there are people in a UConn women's basketball chat room old enough to qualify for the COVID vaccine? :D
Trust me, I'm in there every game and I love it!! I enjoy the inter-action and reading the thoughts and concerns of my fellow BY'ers. What you post is not filtered and can't be deleted because it appears immediately after you press "submit".

You can say what you really feel at the time. Most of the time, we all see the game the same way. Sometimes a poster is critical of a player or a play or even an egregious call by a referee. Usually that criticism is warranted.
Oh yes, there are a lot of "gray beards" in there. Nobody had to force us to go in. The chat room is not for everyone, but everyone is welcome.

Enter at your own risk!! :cool:

Last edited:

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
After waiting my turn (my category) to get my shot, I got it on the first day I was eligible, March 1. I got the Pfizer shot. No effects whatso ever. NONE!! The shot did not hurt, nor did the injection site afterwards. Not one side-effect. I guess I'm still a tough old bird!! :cool: I get the second shot a week from Monday, and happy to do so.

The clinical offices where my wife and I received our shot, was busy all day. The line was wrapped around the building all morning beginning at 6:30 am for an 8:00 am appointment. You had to have an appointment!! All old folks, no youngsters. They had a line for those getting COVID-19 shots, and another one across the parking lot for folks getting COVID tests. The COVID virus is real and deadly. I respect it.

I wear a double mask when I go out, and will continue to do so at least to the end of the year. I feel terrible for all of the old folks (and their families) in nursing homes and assisted living facilities that died from it through no fault of their own.

Several of my fellow church members died from it. You realize how real it is when you know you won't see them at services anymore. Folks that I've known for years and served with. While I know one of these days I have to go, I'm not ready yet, and I'm not going to poke the bear.

Thanks goodness for the vaccine. It will save millions of lives of people like you and me. The one thing we can all agreed on about death is..........................it's permanent!! I hope everyone in the yard won't tempt fate and will get their vaccine shots if you haven't already done so. We don't want to lose anyone. I think we're looking at a NC next season, and we need ALL hands on board to help Geno pull it off. Be well everyone and stay safe. Go Huskies! :)
Most report little to no sides with the Pfizer shot, hope this holds true for you on your 2nd shot. My 2 week wait after 2nd shot is today. I was bad I went to lunch Wednesday after I listened to the head dude at Johns Hopkins say we were in the position after 2nd shot where no one in the country suffered any bad effects from the virus. We have been in house arrest since last mid February, I just had to bust out and lunch seemed harmless adventure so I masked up and had a burger with a friend. So nice to have human company, and just a little thing like lunch was such a spirit lifter. Good luck, stay safe and leave that bear alone.
Big reveal Monday night, something to look forward to. Enjoy!

Last edited:

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
My granddaughter and daughter-in-law both got their first shots at the same facility in Milwaukee earlier this week. My granddaughter got the Moderna. My daughter-in-law, as an educator, got the Pfizer. Different versions at the same facility!
I received an email from Walgreen's today - this is where I got my shots. Apparently they now can offer all three vaccines. The purpose of the email was to explain the differences between them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom