(OT) What's been your reaction to Covid-19 vaccine ? | The Boneyard

(OT) What's been your reaction to Covid-19 vaccine ?

Reaction Score
1st dose I had back in February and I had no ill effects at all. 2nd dose, which I got yesterday was fine until I woke up this morning feeling like I got run over my a truck. Body aches lasted for about 8 hrs then disappeared.

Reaction Score
Which vaccine did you get? I'm gonna be eligible later this spring based on Connecticut's age based schedule. I didn't want the Pfizer one because I don't need something that's like 90 degrees below zero being shot into me, so I was hoping for the Moderna one.

Reaction Score
I took Pfizer 1st shot 2 weeks ago only feel minor aches for several hours. Today I took the 2nd shot and so far OK for 6 hrs already. But my friends all say the second shot will feel some aches for a day, and the disappear.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
MODERNA 1 last month, less effect than a flu shot, virtually nada

Today: 2nd shot...bit of a sore arm; just a hint of a chill at dinnetime....this evening almost nothing.

Reaction Score
I got the 1st Pfizer shot last week. No soreness at all. On the advise of the nurse, I kept moving my arm around continuously until I went to bed that night. My wife has had both Pfizer shots and her arm hurt quite badly after the 2nd shot. (she did not know to move her arm)

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I got the first Pfizer shot this morning and then went back to school to finish the day.

About five minutes after I got it, I got really hot and flush for a few minutes, but that subsided. Could have been the vaccine or it could have been a little of the anxiety from being face-to-face with students since August.

Just a little bit of soreness in my arm, and upon reading some other recommendation, I took ibuprofen when I got back to school and again before heading up to bed to skim the BY and pass out.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Which vaccine did you get? I'm gonna be eligible later this spring based on Connecticut's age based schedule. I didn't want the Pfizer one because I don't need something that's like 90 degrees below zero being shot into me, so I was hoping for the Moderna one.
Not serious, right? As I think you know, both Moderna and Pfizer are stored super-cold but are injected near room temp.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Had both Moderna shots, first a month ago with no side effects. 2nd was scheduled for the day of a long road trip to games, fortunately health department let me reschedule since I felt pretty punk for about twelve hours with dull headache and low grade fever along with body aches. Soon went away, and it’s a relief to be fully vaccinated- sure hope there isn’t a need for a steady stream of boosters for some of the variant strains.

Reaction Score
Got Pfizer #1 on Jan 25 at St. Vincents in Bridgeport. Shot #2 on Feb 16. Two week period ends on Mar 2. Only side effect was minor soreness at injection site on night if shot both times. Same goes for both my sister and her husband. No side effects.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Happy to say that I got Pfizer #1 this morning. Had a very mild headache a few hours later that faded. Hard to say if it even had anything to do with the vaccine. 15 hours later, just a typical vaccine sore shoulder.
Kudos to the Middlesex Vaccine Clinic in Middletown. It took just 7 minutes from my arrival to the vaccine injection. Automatically scheduled me for #2. Smooth operation.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Central Florida here. Got the Moderna vaccine. First shot was on 1/18. Arm a little sore. Second shot was on 2/15. Same reaction.

We received our shots at our local church. Counties in central Florida had local community groups become POD sponsors. Our 55+ community was/ is a POD sponsor.

Most of our friends have received the Moderna. Pretty much the same results.

Reaction Score
have had both doses of Moderna . Just a sore injection spot with both shots. with second shot , felt a little out of sorts for about 24 hrs on the second day. Now past the two week wait time and you know what? nothing changes ...we still have to wear masks and practice social distancing and wash our hands ....probably for the next six months at least and then they will say we need another shot.

Reaction Score
I had both Pfizer jabs, 19 days apart some 18 days ago. I had zero pain and no negative reactions both time, but I had prepared to take it easy the day after my 2nd jab. It was not necessary; I played golf in the afternoon.

All the doctors say Pfizer and Moderna are just as effective for patients. Now, I continue to mask, etc but I can now visit my kids this weekend in the same room for the first time in a year.

I should add that the Johnson & Johnson 1-shot vaccine results are confusing. If I did have a choice among the three, I would select Pfizer or Moderna. Getting a 2nd jab is no big deal.

Reaction Score
Central Florida here. Got the Moderna vaccine. First shot was on 1/18. Arm a little sore. Second shot was on 2/15. Same reaction.

We received our shots at our local church. Counties in central Florida had local community groups become POD sponsors. Our 55+ community was/ is a POD sponsor.

Most of our friends have received the Moderna. Pretty much the same results.
CT VA Moderna shot. Some two day arm soreness for first shot, second was fine, just a little soreness at injection site. They had 10 shot stations, all busy, very professional, you sat down and were monitored for 20 minutes. I asked if anybody had a problem and was told no. Great to have it, a load lifted from your mind. America is the greatest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom