OT: What do you like on your Hamburgers and Hot Dogs ?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: What do you like on your Hamburgers and Hot Dogs ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I prefer my hotdogs and hamburgers with a 16oz. Kansas City Strip on top.

Wouldn't you prefer prefer a couple of seal blubber filets?

Burgers - nothing but cheese, preferably a sharp cheddar, some grilled onions and a bit of ketchup. Hot dogs - I'll have a burger please.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Wouldn't you prefer prefer a couple of seal blubber filets?

Burgers - nothing but cheese, preferably a sharp cheddar, some grilled onions and a bit of ketchup. Hot dogs - I'll have a burger please.
I have had to adapt my diet as the ice fields shrink.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Burger: Lettuce, tomato, onion (sometimes pickles) and mayo.
Hot Dog: Chili, cheddar cheese and chopped onions.

Reaction Score
Years ago Jimmie's in Savin Rock was a drive in
A hotdog was a quarter but the fixings where outside and self applied.
I discovered by piling mustard relish, saurerkraut, and chopped onions on the dog it became a .25$ meal.
That's still my preference in moderate quantities.
A burger is not a burger without lettuce,tomato, onion, pickles with just a hint of Mayo. A black olive toothpicked to the top of the bun as homage to the old hazels* in Shelton is a nice touch.
Ketchup is okay on a burger but should be a criminal offense on a dog.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Barbarian!

People who complain about ketchup on hotdogs need to be held under water until the bubbles stop.

A hot dog is lips and arseholes and whatever other parts that'll fit into the grinder. You surrendered the culinary high road when you ordered the hot dog - there is no honor to be salvaged by making a stand on the condiment.

I put ketchup on my hot dogs

Reaction Score
My survey found Ketchup on hot dogs can cause extreme fits of violence and defensive behavior.
However my sample size of 1 may skew the results
If you ever reach my age were what you eat is pretty much dictated by what's allowed by you're DR.
The ranking of a good old fashioned hot dog on any culinary scale is pretty high up.
Don't believe me? Just wait.

Reaction Score
Hamburger: Honey mustard, crushed peppers, pepper jack cheese, bbq sauce (Uncle Ray's tangy bbq sauce), and a pickle.

Hot Dog: Mayo (Bun), sweet pickles, cole slaw, and sweet onion dressing

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
For a moment I thought someone was recommending hotdogs with Jellybeans.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Here in the Piedmont of NC... if you go to a BBQ restaurant and get a hot dog or hamburger... chances are that you will get one with red slaw as opposed to white slaw. Red slaw is ketchup and vinegar based... as opposed to mayo in white slaw.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I won't eat hot dogs, too many strange unknowns involved. I'll eat a Hebrew National knockwurst instead, with brown mustard. Hamburgers I have in half a dozen different ways, but the most common is with cheddar or American cheese melted on, grilled onions, a little mustard and some ketchup or salsa.
Who was it that started contaminated the hamburger with Mustard? Was it McDonalds maybe---- It should be illegal - and so shoud Ketchup on Hot Dogs! There I said it!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Here in the Piedmont of NC... if you go to a BBQ restaurant and get a hot dog or hamburger... chances are that you will get one with red slaw as opposed to white slaw. Red slaw is ketchup and vinegar based... as opposed to mayo in white slaw.
food is crazy down there- but they know how to barbecue! And a great German Hot Dog has to be one with pork and beef- Like Hummels. Rossler's used to have the "Top Dog" IMO !!! There is a German Butcher in North Jersey that has the same great hot dogs and killer Brats also!!!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
The only thing I put on a burger or a dog is a bun, then of course my mouth. If I wanted a salad I would order it separately.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Course ground deli mustard, chopped Spanish onions, and kraut on a dog.
Cooper cheese, sliced Vidalia onion and garden tomatoes on burger.
Buns lightly toasted for both.
Here is somebody that really knows how to do it right!!! Cooper - American or Swiss for me- but the basics of your dogs and burgers are perfect!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
The only thing I put on a burger or a dog is a bun, then of course my mouth. If I wanted a salad I would order it separately.
Simple- but effective-this works! I love this thread- obviously I'm a Foodie!!! And my Dad's business we used to make 30-40,000 lbs of burgers and ground beef weekly. And sell every brand of hot dog ever made. You guys are talkin my language!!!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Orange County NY? Florida?

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I know, right! If I eat anything BBQ I can't have mustard because the taste is too strong if I apply it myself. But in restaurants it doesn't bother me.
My little sister is 18 and won't eat them at all, or hardly anything else for that matter.
Re your mustard issues- are you seeking help? seeing a therapist yet? You may need a team!

Reaction Score
Burgers: Sauteed mushrooms and sweet onions, fresh horseradish, tomato, lettuce and a hint of mayo.
Dogs: a bed of well-drained sauerkraut, with thin slabs of cheddar melted along the side of the dog and halved slices of cukes along side of the cheese. This creates a flat-bed for a chopped onions, black olives, homemade relish and yellow mustard topping
Of course on a toasted bun.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Back in the day when I was allowed to eat them.......:rolleyes:

Burgers - cheese (American or cheddar or both), pickles, onion, bacon, lettuce, with ketchup and a little mayo.

Dogs - chili and onions. If no chili though, then ketchup, onions and relish.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
People who complain about ketchup on hotdogs need to be held under water until the bubbles stop.

A hot dog is lips and arseholes and whatever other parts that'll fit into the grinder. You surrendered the culinary high road when you ordered the hot dog - there is no honor to be salvaged by making a stand on the condiment.

You, sir, are a part of all that is wrong in America.

I spit on you. PET-TEW-EE.

(Sigh...I think I have to pay Scot-e royalties now.)

Reaction Score
People who complain about ketchup on hotdogs need to be held under water until the bubbles stop...

So tell it to your confessor.

Reaction Score
Crif dogs on St Marks Place. They have bacon wrapped hot dogs with unusual combinations of add ons. Hard to beat

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I've never gotten down to Blackies but it sounds worth the drive. Do they sell the special sauce in jars too?

They sure do sell their relish - its supposed to as secret as the recipe for CocaCola but I know of several people who 'claim' to have it. btw Blackies is very convenient to get to - its off RT 84 on RT 70, abt 1/2 west of the exit on the Waterbury/Cheshire line

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So, for me the best hamburger is 6% fat or less and very rare, and why would I ruin that with anything. Quality goes down, well heap on the big slab of raw onion, greens, and BBQ sauce or Worchestire (yup it is misspelled). Dogs... gimme chopped onion, relish and mustard (yuppie or plain old yellow)....but the best hot dag has some heat, and in up state NY in the 50s Johnie's Red Hots were the best. Lip smacking, teary eyed good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom