OT: What do you like on your Hamburgers and Hot Dogs ?? | The Boneyard

OT: What do you like on your Hamburgers and Hot Dogs ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
As for hamburgers... nothing beats cheddar cheese.... extra mayo... lettuce, tomatoes, raw onions, and oil and vinegar. Second in line would be one Carolina Style with American Cheese... Carolina Style = chili, slaw, mustard, and onions.

As for hot dogs.... the only way for me is also Carolina Style... with one exception... there are select places in the piedmont of NC where you can get a hot dog with homemade pimento cheese. It sounds kinda odd at first... and I was skeptical so I had to try it out. Imagine a red hot dog topped with pimento cheese... chili, slaw, mustard, and onions... in a toasted bun.... which helps melt the pimento cheese....... creating a mixture of epic proportions

When I first tried one over a decade ago.... I was like

Reaction Score
(Old) Tomlinson's Style Hot Dog:

Bacon Tracks (not much) on a Toasted Bun, Yellow Mustard, Green Relish, Sauerkraut with the water shaken off, please!

Reaction Score
I won't eat hot dogs, too many strange unknowns involved. I'll eat a Hebrew National knockwurst instead, with brown mustard. Hamburgers I have in half a dozen different ways, but the most common is with cheddar or American cheese melted on, grilled onions, a little mustard and some ketchup or salsa.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Eat hot dog. Swallow hot dog. Drink beer. Beer is on top of hot dog.

Case closed.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Hot dog - love chopped jalapeño, gray pompon mustard.

Hamburger - American cheese, bacon, dill pickle chips, shredded lettuce and catsup.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
love all the normal stuff on hot dogs and burgers, but out here in SD there's a restaurant that does stuffed burgers. one is stuffed with basil, pine nuts, feta cheese, garlic, and topped with pesto, garlic mayo tomato and lettuce. Another with jalapenos, chipotle peppers, cilantro, pepper jack cheese, etc. topped with chipotle mayo, ortega chile, tomato, lettuce, and more pepper jack cheese. They also have a garlic/onion burger and are ridiculously delicious...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I prefer my hotdogs and hamburgers with a 16oz. Kansas City Strip on top.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Ahhh the best way to eat (an infrequent) hot dog is with Blackies relish on it - siting on a stool in Blackies.

Good choice...don't forget, Friday Black Out.

Reaction Score
Ahhh the best way to eat (an infrequent) hot dog is with Blackies relish on it - siting on a stool in Blackies.

Seconded. That relish is the bomb. FOUR PLEASE! I also love the meat sauce they have at Capital Lunch in New Britain.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Hamburger with tomato at home. Add bacon when available out. Also, depending on the restaurant - fried / grilled onions, green pepper, mushrooms.

Hot Dogs I rarely eat, but if I do, plain.

I'm considered strange, because I don't like cheese on a sandwich or eggs (unless it is a grilled cheese sandwich or scrambled into the eggs). Also don't eat any "condiments" like mustard, mayo, salad dressing, oil and vinegar etc. on anything. And ketchup only for french fries.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

True. But if you are not at Blackies, the trinity is the way to go - mustard, relish, onions.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I'm thinking a $100 dollar bill....

Reaction Score
Just ketchup and cheese, if its at a BBQ. If I'm at a restaurant it doesn't matter.
That's for hamburgers. Hot dogs I just like ketchup.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
True. But if you are not at Blackies, the trinity is the way to go - mustard, relish, onions.

Just drove by Blackies...looks like Costco hot dog hungry crew rules, no parking spaces available.

Reaction Score
Hamburgers: Bacon, bbq sauce, bacon, onions, bacon, cheddar or pepperjack cheese, bacon

Hotdogs: yellow mustard, sauerkraut if available or sweet pickle relish if not (but never together!) and lots of onions. Every now and then I like a good old chili cheese dog with just that - chili and cheese.

I don't do ketchup on either hamburgers of dogs. I save that for my french fries with a little bit of cayenne pepper sausce mixed in - or bbq sauce instead of the spicy ketchup.

Reaction Score
Second in line would be one Carolina Style with American Cheese... Carolina Style = chili, slaw, mustard, and onions.

As for hot dogs.... the only way for me is also Carolina Style...

Hmmm...that Carolina Style sounds suspiciously like the chili cheese slaw dog at The Varsity in Atlanta. What'll ya have, what'll ya have, what'll ya have!

Reaction Score
I won't eat hot dogs, too many strange unknowns involved. I'll eat a Hebrew National knockwurst instead, with brown mustard. Hamburgers I have in half a dozen different ways, but the most common is with cheddar or American cheese melted on, grilled onions, a little mustard and some ketchup or salsa.

I don't know about today, but when I lived in Wisconsin 30 years ago, they didn't even serve hot dogs at Milwaukee County Stadium, home of the Milwaukee Braves and, later when I was there, the Milwaukee Brewers. Bratwurst only!

They were fabulous.

Reaction Score
I know, right! If I eat anything BBQ I can't have mustard because the taste is too strong if I apply it myself. But in restaurants it doesn't bother me.
My little sister is 18 and won't eat them at all, or hardly anything else for that matter.

Reaction Score
I've never gotten down to Blackies but it sounds worth the drive. Do they sell the special sauce in jars too?

The best hot dogs that I ever had were near Stewie's backyard. I lived in Syracuse in 1he 1960's but the place is still there. It is called "Heid's of Liverpool" in North Syracuse. They have their own special deli mustard but it's the dogs that are special. They grill plump juicy pork dogs with their own special spices. They also have a white veal dog called a "Coney". The place has been there for a hundred years and I still stop in on occasional family trips to Syracuse.

For me, a great hamburger has to have a hand made patty with mustard, a little ketchup, and Vidalia onion in season. The buns have to be lightly toasted.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Tell me, DMan, how do those "pompons" taste, anyway? Do you ever put batons on the dogs as well?

Aren't you even a little afraid that someone will "poupon" your dog?
Do you ever tire of pointing out spelling mistakes or mistypes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom