OT: What do you like on your Hamburgers and Hot Dogs ?? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: What do you like on your Hamburgers and Hot Dogs ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As for hamburgers... nothing beats cheddar cheese.... extra mayo... lettuce, tomatoes, raw onions, and oil and vinegar. Second in line would be one Carolina Style with American Cheese... Carolina Style = chili, slaw, mustard, and onions.

As for hot dogs.... the only way for me is also Carolina Style... with one exception... there are select places in the piedmont of NC where you can get a hot dog with homemade pimento cheese. It sounds kinda odd at first... and I was skeptical so I had to try it out. Imagine a red hot dog topped with pimento cheese... chili, slaw, mustard, and onions... in a toasted bun.... which helps melt the pimento cheese....... creating a mixture of epic proportions

When I first tried one over a decade ago.... I was like

I like nothing on my hot dogs. The reason is I actually like a good hot dog and with all the goop that some people put on, the test of their hot dog would probably be almost the same if they put a bunch of condiments on a big cow turd and ate it. There's no way that anyone is actually tasting the hot dog with relish and mustard and cabbage and onions and ketchup and a variety of other things. The only thing I would taste if I put mustard on my hot dog would be mustard and the same holds true with the other stuff. It would totally dominate my taste buds. I put very little on a hamburger, a touch of ketchup to kind of to offset the dryness of the bun and maybe a little mayo, for the same reason. I think when people really spice up their food, they lose the taste of the main item or items. I guess I'm somewhat weird because almost all of my friends load up. Oh well!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I like nothing on my hot dogs. The reason is I actually like a good hot dog and with all the goop that some people put on, the test of their hot dog would probably be almost the same if they put a bunch of condiments on a big cow turd and ate it. There's no way that anyone is actually tasting the hot dog with relish and mustard and cabbage and onions and ketchup and a variety of other things. The only thing I would taste if I put mustard on my hot dog would be mustard and the same holds true with the other stuff. It would totally dominate my taste buds. I put very little on a hamburger, a touch of ketchup to kind of to offset the dryness of the bun and maybe a little mayo, for the same reason. I think when people really spice up their food, they lose the taste of the main item or items. I guess I'm somewhat weird because almost all of my friends load up. Oh well!

Actually if Im at a backyard cookout where the burger is coming from a charcoal grill..... i prefer my burger with only a bit of mayo.... nothing else. With a hot dog in the same situation... just a bit of mustard.. and maybe some cole slaw.

Reaction Score
Slice raw onion, Dijon mustard, and dill pickle sliced length wise. As for hot dogs, it almost never happens except during a basketball game at Gampel when pressed for time to eat before the game. My high school summer work was in a factory that made hot dogs. If you saw what went into them you might not favor them...think pig snouts and sheep hearts for starters.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Slice raw onion, Dijon mustard, and dill pickle sliced length wise. As for hot dogs, it almost never happens except during a basketball game at Gampel when pressed for time to eat before the game. My high school summer work was in a factory that made hot dogs. If you saw what went into them you might not favor them...think pig snouts and sheep hearts for starters.

Doesn't sound like a kosher hot dog to me. . .

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Doesn't make u a bad person!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01