OT: What a crap month | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: What a crap month

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You should take a longer nap!

I'm on the case.

In a couple hours, I leave for my aunt's 90th birthday celebration just north of the CT border. She has made 3 requests: no presents, no politics, and no electronic devices. After the gathering, Lady Hans & I are doing 3 nights in the CT River valley: downtime, couple time, a break from social media (I'm looking at you, Boneyard).

I returned home yesterday from a simple, gosh darn haircut and read about MAL. Now, I'm giving the universe until Tuesday evening to delight me one way or another.

Our closest civilization starting tonight will be Middletown. Taino? Krust? Both? Neither? Something else?

We will not be watching the Women's Final, and might or might not watch the Men's, depending on who's playing and how much I want to say I watched none of this year's tournament live except Oregon's 7-0 run to overtake and closeout URI.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
But seriously we will be officially playing in a new conference in less than 8 years 4 months and the announcement of that move will be made in less than six years.

200w.gif

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
THE BAD:

The women ended the streak the same day MAL asked for release. Seems KO's is negatively affecting the women players as well as the men's players.
Someone stole checks from my mailbox, forged and cashed two of them. Happened the week all this stuff (firings, transfers, release) started to happen.
Two of my neighbors passed away this week.
I helped someone move her parents to be closer to her home. Mom who seemed to be doing well suddenly died a week later. One year gone bye and she calls me yesterday to let me know her step dad has gone through her savings. I told her a year ago not to support him. She called to vent. I've had my fill of venting in this forum so I cut her short.

The Good:

Pats won!
The women actually exceeded pre season expectations by a long shot.
Syracuse's bad loss was against UConn. They got bounced out of the NIT first round.
KO to the NBA rumors squashed.
A whole slew of new casual fans have posted in this forum recently. Good thing for Tom since many posters have jumped off a ledge.
We had an informal hanging of Deepster.

The TBD:

We have Killer recruiters so we should all Chill. Or not.
We will rise like a Phoenix or end up like BCU or Rutgers.
WSU will join or won't. It will help or it won't.
KO is over his head or circumstance beyond his control are the reason for this disaster.

C

Chief00

I know the pluses and minuses but at this point with no P5 coming anytime soon - it's time to get back to the Big East. For football, we can be a football only member like Navy or go independent. If we really worked at our schedule - it could be as good or better than today.
Sources say we will need to give the Big East a time commitment - how many years we won't jump to a P5. Since, given our current state, we are unlikely to be invited soon - how much that will that cost us? We need to get Georgetown onboard - they are the most opposed to letting us back in. The Chris Mullins /JT3 thing fired up attendance at the Big East tournament - so UConn joining to help that is less powerful sources say.

Last edited by a moderator:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
THE BAD:

The women ended the streak the same day MAL asked for release. Seems KO's is negatively affecting the women players as well as the men's players.
Someone stole checks from my mailbox, forged and cashed two of them. Happened the week all this stuff (firings, transfers, release) started to happen.
I helped someone move her parents to be closer to her home. Mom who seemed to be doing well suddenly died a week later. One year gone bye and she calls me yesterday to let me know her step dad has gone through her savings. I told her a year ago not to support him. She called to vent. I've had my fill of venting in this forum so I cut her short.
Pats won!

The Good:

Syracuse's bad loss was against UConn. They got bounced out of the NIT first round.
A whole slew of new casual fans have posted in this forum recently. Good thing for Tom since many posters have jumped off a ledge.

The TBD:

KO is over his head or circumstance beyond his control are the reason for this disaster.
FIFY

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
THE BAD:

The Good:

Pats won!

The TBD:

Randy Edsall is back.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Randy Edsall is back.

Forgot that. Good news and he took a big pay hit to help the football program.
There is definitely things to be concerned about with regards to athletics.
My toes are a little sore right now, but they are still all in.

C

chiller99.5

I think when push comes to shove KO will stand his ground and later for these whiny prima donna snowflakes. Truly respect Ollie as a guy who would go to war and not back down.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Forgot that. Good news and he took a big pay hit to help the football program.
There is definitely things to be concerned about with regards to athletics.
My toes are a little sore right now, but they are still all in.

He took an under market deal but there is way the Lions were paying him 7 figures.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
He's not leaving for the next six years, and we won't be in the AAC in six years.
I'll make two separate $100 bets that both of those predictions are false.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Fishy...would you like to help me organize a Shovel Drive for the people of Bogota? I have a contact with Home Depot and a local hardware store. I could use help financing a bunch of fliers. You could also take pictures at the event.

Has to be in the next week or two. Shovels are needed now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom