OT: WBB UConn vs ND | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: WBB UConn vs ND

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
KLS was much more rounded than many of the bigs you compare her to as well as a few others so maybe at least unfair comparisons. And we do know she played with less great players than many of those did. She's certainly Top 20 but to get closer it would be a tough comparison. Fact is she did a lot more on the court than many of those listed. Nonetheless a good argument for them all.

She also no showed the first half. That counts.

Reaction Score
How can you say that, especially after last nights game? Collier stepped up and KLS just flitted around.

I would have said the opposite. Collier was nowhere to be found in the second half, meanwhile Katie almost won it for us.

Reaction Score
She also no showed the first half. That counts.

There is no 2nd half which is game time, without her as she scored 17 points in a row. ND's best player wasn't there for the 1st half either.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
KLS was much more rounded than many of the bigs you compare her to as well as a few others so maybe at least unfair comparisons. And we do know she played with less great players than many of those did. She's certainly Top 20 but to get closer it would be a tough comparison. Fact is she did a lot more on the court than many of those listed. Nonetheless a good argument for them all.
KLS has more WNBA potential than a few more on that list. Ralph only had one or two injury free season, was very limited by her senior year. Kelly Faris was a glue guy and no way better. Mosqueda-Lewis had potential to be great, but was mostly just a three point shooter. Elliot was a nice college player for her era, couldn't compete down low nowadays I would think.

Reaction Score
So, I've got 29 players ahead of Samuelson...
Bird, Abrosimova, Maya Moore, Stewart, Tina Charles, Dolson, Lobo, Shea Ralph, Gabby Williams, Swin Cash, Asjha Jones, Mosqueda-Lewis, Tamika Williams, Tiffany Hayes, Taurasi, Barbara Turner, Montgomery, Sales, Hartley, Jefferson, Tuck, Nurse, Rizzotti, Kelly Faris, Bascom, Kalana Greene, Wolters, Jamelle Elliott, Collier.
I definitely would not put Turner, Greene, Faris, or Elliot ahead of her, and I think there’s a debate to be had about Tamika Williams, Tuck, Dolson, Nurse, and even Collier.

I was never the biggest KLS fan for all the reasons you’ve pointed out, but I do feel like you’re selling her game a bit short.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I definitely would not put Turner, Greene, Faris, or Elliot ahead of her, and I think there’s a debate to be had about Tamika Williams, Tuck, Nurse, and even Collier.

I was never the biggest KLS fan for all the reasons you’ve pointed out, but I do feel like you’re selling her game a bit short.

Lewis too. Pretty much the same names I thought of here. Some were just really good players on really great teams. Don't want to take away the impact they had on their teams but I think people are selling KLS and even Collier short.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would have said the opposite. Collier was nowhere to be found in the second half, meanwhile Katie almost won it for us.
KLS finally made a few jumpers in the 2nd half but she continued to avoid hitting the boards. Tallest starter and she only had one rebound on D.

Reaction Score
So, I've got 29 players ahead of Samuelson...
Bird, Abrosimova, Maya Moore, Stewart, Tina Charles, Dolson, Lobo, Shea Ralph, Gabby Williams, Swin Cash, Asjha Jones, Mosqueda-Lewis, Tamika Williams, Tiffany Hayes, Taurasi, Barbara Turner, Montgomery, Sales, Hartley, Jefferson, Tuck, Nurse, Rizzotti, Kelly Faris, Bascom, Kalana Greene, Wolters, Jamelle Elliott, Collier.

I'd remove Hayes, Turner, Montgomery, Hartley, Nurse, Faris, Greene, and Elliot, which would put Lou around #20.

The sad thing is, she could have been a Mt. Rushmore type player if she and her teammates ever stepped up when it counted. Frankly, Samuelson/Collier/Dangerfield could have been the next Stewart/Tuck/Jefferson, if they didn't consistently come up small in the Final Four.

Lou had a great 2nd half last night after a no-show first half, but still has never had what it takes to put a team on her back and will them to win. None of that group has.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I'd remove Hayes, Turner, Montgomery, Hartley, Nurse, Faris, Greene, and Elliot, which would put Lou around #20.

The sad thing is, she could have been a Mt. Rushmore type player if she and her teammates ever stepped up when it counted. Frankly, Samuelson/Collier/Dangerfield could have been the next Stewart/Tuck/Jefferson, if they didn't consistently come up small in the Final Four.

Lou had a great 2nd half last night after a no-show first half, but still has never had what it takes to put a team on her back and will them to win. None of that group has.

All of this.

It’s not necessarily her or any one of their fault that the team missed so many layups 3 straight years. But it’s a cumulative effect. they all contributed to these chokes.

This was Collier’s best game in a ff by far. Which is a sadly low bar. They’d have another title if geno kept her on the bench last year for Stevens.

No one can run from the miss st abomination. Only gabby gets any kind of pass for miss st. Everyone else was beyond hopeless that game.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Have you seen the bench play? I assume they are 3-4 star players but often get waxed by the bad AAC teams when put into blowouts. I think his focus on “high character” kids leaves him with a very small recruiting pool.

Exactly. I’m sure there’s a couple of hungry “developmental , marginal character “ girls that could play at UConn. Somewhere out there you’ll find a female version of Caron, Dyson, Selvie, AJ , etc., to spice things up and get things back in order. Perhaps a female Kemba that yells out motivational profanity at teammates during games is missing.

Reaction Score
I hope Geno rips up the ND contract. I hope we never play them again.

I feel Muffet crossed a line this week with the "Bully" comment. She also dug up Pat Summitt to make the point which makes it even lower. And than she covers it up with her viral moment which is all fine and good but stupid once you really examine the words. And of course she gets away with it all and he gets portrayed as the bad guy.

If he's such a bully don't play them. I think the UConn women should stop growing that sport on their backs. They flew from California to Oklahoma to everywhere in between. They have these teams play in front of their only sellouts of the year. What thanks do they or Coach get for it? She turned that Final 4 into a veiled man hating fest aimed squarely at him.

Did Miss Female Empowerment stop Lou and Napheesa and Congratulate them on their effort and wish them well in their careers? No she walked by quickly with a handshake and than danced a jig on their grave. Imagine if he did that? Compare that to what Geno did with Durr last week when her career ended.

There are plenty of women's programs that respect our program and coach. Louisville, Oregon, Baylor, Miss State etc. Those are the programs we should be playing. Tell ND to drop dead. Let them play their big game of the year in front of 1,000 of their closest friends and family in Greensboro.

the Q

Reaction Score

I feel Muffet crossed a line this week with the "Bully" comment. She also dug up Pat Summitt to make the point which makes it even lower. And than she covers it up with her viral moment which is all fine and good but stupid once you really examine the words. And of course she gets away with it all and he gets portrayed as the bad guy.

If he's such a bully don't play them. I think the UConn women should stop growing that sport on their backs. They flew from California to Oklahoma to everywhere in between. They have these teams play in front of their only sellouts of the year. What thanks do they or Coach get for it? She turned that Final 4 into a veiled man hating fest aimed squarely at him.

Did Miss Female Empowerment stop Lou and Napheesa and Congratulate them on their effort and wish them well in their careers? No she walked by quickly with a handshake and than danced a jig on their grave. Imagine if he did that? Compare that to what Geno did with Durr last week when her career ended.

There are plenty of women's programs that respect our program and coach. Louisville, Oregon, Baylor, Miss State etc. Those are the programs we should be playing. Tell ND to drop dead. Let them play their big game of the year in front of 1,000 of their closest friends and family in Greensboro.

Compare it to what geno did with skylar diggings.

I hope a male candidate who got turned down sues ND over her ignorant comments.

Reaction Score
Compare it to what geno did with skylar diggings.

I hope a male candidate who got turned down sues ND over her ignorant comments.

Exactly. And yet he gets portrayed as the bad guy and she's the saint. Why even bother? They are building their brand on our backs and behaving in the most obnoxious manner possible while doing it.

the Q

Reaction Score
Exactly. And yet he gets portrayed as the bad guy and she's the saint. Why even bother? They are building their brand on our backs and behaving in the most obnoxious manner possible while doing it.

I honestly think it’s frustrsting because you try to make UConn women the bad guys and they’re just good girls.

You never hear about UConn wbb players getting in trouble. They don’t even look/Dress the part. So it has to back up on geno since he sticks out as a man in a woman’s sport.

Reaction Score
That dance last night was ridiculous for winning the semi finals. Makes you believe it will be okay if she loses the finals she’ll be fine as long as she beats Geno. Can’t stand her never could. It’s time for the UConn women to grab a couple big, tough interior players as all these teams push his gals around way too much.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

I don't have to agree with everything in this to say it's a shame you don't post this well more often. Solid stuff. Seriously.

Reaction Score
Have you seen the bench play? I assume they are 3-4 star players but often get waxed by the bad AAC teams when put into blowouts. I think his focus on “high character” kids leaves him with a very small recruiting pool.
But masterfully successful. Let’s keep this in context. What is this like 12 or more straight FFs? The competition is growing and the teams on top all have each other’s number. He will get at least 2 more before he leaves. Nothing from 04-09. 95-2000. 11-12 and now.

Reaction Score
I definitely would not put Turner, Greene, Faris, or Elliot ahead of her, and I think there’s a debate to be had about Tamika Williams, Tuck, Dolson, Nurse, and even Collier.

Kalana jamelle briana Tiffany (an All time fave) are not better than either of these 2.

Reaction Score
But masterfully successful. Let’s keep this in context. What is this like 8 or more straight FFs? The competition is growing and the teams on top all have each other’s number. He will get at least 2 more before he leaves. Nothing from 04-09. 95-2000. 11-12 and now.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Muffet, what kind of name is muffet? I mean, did her parents hate her that much? UConn has to beat a team led by muffet. They have to, plus they are more talented. Drinking tons of different microbrews and hoping UConn prevails.
She was born Susan and had it changed to Muffet.

Reaction Score
That dance last night was ridiculous for winning the semi finals. Makes you believe it will be okay if she loses the finals she’ll be fine as long as she beats Geno. Can’t stand her never could. It’s time for the UConn women to grab a couple big, tough interior players as all these teams push his gals around way too much.

The ND reaction after winning was the reason I turned the game off the minute we lost. I can’t stand Miss Muffet and all her little tuffets. They have NO Class. I’m glad I did according to what everyone is posting.

Reaction Score
But masterfully successful. Let’s keep this in context. What is this like 8 or more straight FFs? The competition is growing and the teams on top all have each other’s number. He will get at least 2 more before he leaves. Nothing from 04-09. 95-2000. 11-12 and now.
12 straight FF. 20 FF total. 11 NCs (11-0 in title games). Mind boggling successful, and does it his way.

Reaction Score

I honestly think that's the message she sent to Skylar.

I have the highest level of respect for Diggins. That player made Uconn her bitch for her entire career - Only Holdsclaw and Parker can say the same..and they didn't play us and kill us nearly as much as Diggins did. (And also played against less talented teams).

So Diggins did the borderline impossible about 8 times, and yet never won a ring? Maybe her coach's emphasis was on the wrong thing..

The odd thing is, Muffet wasn't always like this with Geno. They seemed pretty friendly until recently.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
David be careful here. They should be in 3 FFs yet again since there are only 6 teams with a chance, not the same world or close. When the men get 15 out of 20 years the #1 HS recruit and 2-3 more in the Top 25 I will then hold the men to this standard also but there's no Auburn or Texas Tech in the womens ever. It's not the same yet our men aren't sniffing anything outside of 9th place in the AAC so no where near the success, so see what you're saying a little. Doesn't mean we can't watch a game and discuss the obvious a little.

I never said or meant that getting to a final four is the same for women or men. That's a false argument that I wouldn't make.
What I am saying is it is always funny to hear guys who know nothing about the women make pronouncements based on the one game they watched. They educate Geno, pass judgement on players, and show how little they know.
I shouldn't have ended with " meanwhile the men... " because I was not trying to compare. But the demands on the women by some, while the men's struggles so badly made it extra ironic. And that little statement could trigger the pain that so many here feel about the women.
Anyway, I don't think they choked. They were not as dominant a team this year. The were vulnerable. They played to seed ( and a little beyond the incorrect one).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom