OT: walking dead | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: walking dead

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If Team Rick thought the prison was a safe spot to hole up in, why wouldn't you anticipate prisoners? I think that makes perfect sense....or where would the logic be for you be going there in the first place?
Well one it was overrun. I wouldn't expect prisoners to survive. Secondly, especially knowing what happened at the hospital, I wouldn't even expect any prisoners would be left. I'd expect what we saw in the prison. Prisoners shot in the heads by the guards when everything went to hell.

The logic in going in there in the first place was if you could clear it, it would be ideally safe. Keep prisoners in? Can keep walkers out.

Reaction Score
GREAT Season ender 9.5/10 rating. It was scary, unpredictable and a fitting wrap up to almost all of the season plots. Best part of the episode is that it un-did my typical criticism that the show isn't written or acted well enough to suspend your disbelief and truly scare viewers, this episode was FULL of tension and legitimately unsettling, scary at times.
SPOILER ALERT
  • Loved showing the prison camp packing and then the Governor wandering through, I assumed they'd truly left and was expecting a walker/biter trap but got something unexpected
  • Also the gratuitous zombie slaughter upon entering prison grounds was WDead 101 for 'give the people what they want'
  • Good mini-Carl storyline, fuel for future for sure
  • Governor going from murderous rage to totally irrational worked because they had taken us near there.
  • In past they would not have had Michonne confront Rick, great that they addressed. I don't think she'd realistically be 100% forgiving & contrite as she was but ultimately she has to be accepted there so good move to butter Rick up.
  • Milton - Andrea scenes were great tension and fear, I also definitely don't 100% buy Andrea's "I was just trying to keep everyone alive" motivation as the obvious counter is lives saved are maximized if you kill the killers (and even Carl knows this). But I guess it is believable that if she was naive and stupid enough to sleep with the Governor she'd be naive and stupid enough to try to change him AND to believe that she was doing was the best thing. AND to give herself an exonerating confessional storyline (although she did acquit Milton in confessing she could and should have killed Gov before) as opposed to admitting she screwed up and was naive, deceived and indirectly caused deaths.
  • Andrea ending totally earned/right
  • Bus ending brought the episode - season theme and story full circle to a degree
  • For fear/terror etc.. factor having the Governor out there is good. To play it right they have to keep him out there unknown and only bring him back occasionally if they do this I agree 100% with him not dying, if they keep running parallel story arcs (I) people won't care.
So Bravo - I would have thought not totally wrapping up the Rick v Governor storyline was a huge mistake. But they DID wrap up the theme of Good vs Evil, so I never would have thought the Governor living could be a satisfying storyline but they pulled it off.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
GREAT Season ender 9.5/10 rating. It was scary, unpredictable and a fitting wrap up to almost all of the season plots. Best part of the episode is that it un-did my typical criticism that the show isn't written or acted well enough to suspend your disbelief and truly scare viewers, this episode was FULL of tension and legitimately unsettling, scary at times
Wow, did not expect that from you. :eek:
Loved showing the prison camp packing and then the Governor wandering through, I assumed they'd truly left and was expecting a walker/biter trap but got something unexpected
Was hoping they would not just leave (boring and unfulfilling). Was hoping they would try the trap/ambush approach (ala Morgan).
Also the gratuitous zombie slaughter upon entering prison grounds was WDead 101 for 'give the people what they want
Cleared the yard pretty fast. Lots of blood and guts. :)
Good mini-Carl storyline, fuel for future for sure
I agreed with Carl though. His dad does make poor decisions sometimes. He was absolutely right about the walker that killed Dale, not finishing off Andrew, not taking out the Governor when he had the chance (not sure how good the chance was there though). Things not mentioned….not killing (or saving in the first place) Randall, using Hershel to clear the prison. (trusting your best friend with your wife :rolleyes: )

This will be a good story line for next year (and maybe beyond). Rich vs Carl. Father vs Son. Some people have been saying Carl is a bit like the Gov. I think he is more like (or is becoming more like) Shane. Very pragmatic in his approach to surviving in the ZA. But he still makes good decisions that are on the human side too. Saving Tyreese and gang in the tombs. Saving Michonne when she showed up.
Governor going from murderous rage to totally irrational worked because they had taken us near there
Some people didn’t like this, I thought it was perfect. Didn’t see it coming either until seconds before he did it. People thought it was out of character and dumb for him to do. But as he has stated, revenge was all that mattered now. Obviously he did not care about Woodbury (his conversation with Milton when Milton asked how torturing Michonne would help Woodbury??) anymore, just getting revenge. If the Woodburyians where not willing to fight, they were of no use to him and probably a hindrance. Hence, get rid of them. Besides he was freakin’ pissed at them.
In past they would not have had Michonne confront Rick, great that they addressed. I don't think she'd realistically be 100% forgiving & contrite as she was but ultimately she has to be accepted there so good move to butter Rick up
Glad they covered that too. All but yea a little too easily. But on the other hand it was nice to not drag it out. It’s already been established she realizes she needs to belong to a group to survive. So not too many choices besides coming back and forgiving. Also she knew Daryl came looking for them to stop the exchange. Be nice to be better thought of, but it is what it is.
Milton - Andrea scenes were great tension and fear
Thought it was brilliant idea to have Milton kill her….one way or another. Andrea was as usual a little frustrating. Trying to talk to Milton instead of working on getting free. So much so, dying Milton had to tell her to shut up and hurry. Nice way to have her tough enough to stop Milton, but not before getting bit.
For fear/terror etc.. factor having the Governor out there is good. To play it right they have to keep him out there unknown and only bring him back occasionally if they do this I agree 100% with him not dying, if they keep running parallel story arcs (I) people won't care
I thought he would make it through until next season. I liked how they did it though. Now they can use him many different ways. Lurking out there, never knowing when he’ll show up?? Or have him out there trying to raise another army to come back and attack?? Him, Martinez and Shupert trying a sneak raid??? Have them pick off Grimes gang people when they are out for supplies?? Maybe capture one and try for a trade??

Looking forward to see where Gimple takes TWD next season. Obviously they detoured from the comics drastically here.

Reaction Score
I thought he would make it through until next season. I liked how they did it though. Now they can use him many different ways. Lurking out there, never knowing when he’ll show up?? Or have him out there trying to raise another army to come back and attack?? Him, Martinez and Shupert trying a sneak raid??? Have them pick off Grimes gang people when they are out for supplies?? Maybe capture one and try for a trade??

Looking forward to see where Gimple takes TWD next season. Obviously they detoured from the comics drastically here.

Don't know or care about comic detour except glad they are taking it IF the comic storylines have had too great an influence and caused otherwise inexplicable events/character choices.

I think its fine to have the Governor do either of the things you describe, but only if its largely off screen because:
1. Terror greater if unknown vs seeing him build an army of savages
2. He's simply a bad actor, although maybe if he goes over-the-top evil this can improve. He's fine with action.

Going forward, my only disappointment obviously is staying in the prison, but I"m 100% in favor of that vs Woodbury and with that big of a group they cannot travel. I'd bet they pickup next season some time down the road and it opens with them harvesting prison field crops. Gotta account for Carl's rapid physical maturation at some point.

So are you going to try Mad Men?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Don't know or care about comic detour except glad they are taking it IF the comic storylines have had too great an influence and caused otherwise inexplicable events/character choices.
Some of the comic stuff is way to dark for TV anyway. I think the comic detour is good for the comic fans, keeps them guessing. Although the Andrea character from what I've heard/read is much better in the comics. (and still alive)

I think its fine to have the Governor do either of the things you describe, but only if its largely off screen because:
1. Terror greater if unknown vs seeing him build an army of savages
2. He's simply a bad actor, although maybe if he goes over-the-top evil this can improve. He's fine with action.
Well I think he is a pretty good actor. I think it would be interesting to see him try to "seduce" others for his army. Although he doesn't have much to offer right now.

Going forward, my only disappointment obviously is staying in the prison, but I"m 100% in favor of that vs Woodbury and with that big of a group they cannot travel. I'd bet they pickup next season some time down the road and it opens with them harvesting prison field crops. Gotta account for Carl's rapid physical maturation at some point.
They could contemplate moving to Woodbury. Although I still think the prison is a safer place. (if they can get it fixed up)

I could see them skipping the winter again. They film like May to October or something like that. Tough to have the actors wearing winter stuff when it's 80-90-100F outside.

Yea Carl is gonna be taller than Rick here shortly. :)
So are you going to try Mad Men?
Doubt it. A series about advertising??? Bewitched trying to be a drama??? Eh don't see it. The only thing I can think when I see the commercials is, Where's Darren and Mr Tate?

My wife wants to give Breaking Bad a try. Maybe this summer sometime to catch up. It'll be tough getting over Malcolm's dad though. (even if he is bald)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think it was pretty good, but not great.

In the end, the whole Andrea thing dragged out too long. It was an excellent ending for both she and Milton, although she still talked too much - but if they had stuffed all of that into last week's episode and just left the suspense of it until this week, they might have had more time for more important crap. (The 'battle' in the prison seemed rather rushed after all that build-up.)

I thank them for killing an annoying character, but see that they have positioned another one - Carl. That kid is annoying and we'll have to ignore the fact that his dad likely would have gone upside his head while they flesh out his new persona.

I was glad that they actually let Michonne act like something other than a sword-wielding mute. I'm glad they finally got Tyrese from where he was to where he was going. Moving the peeps from the town to the prison was interesting - they're definitely no longer mobile, even if they have a nifty new school bus.

I guess they wrapped up the town vs prison kerfuffle, but the governor story line is still out there.

They got artsy in the last minutes...Lori no longer being on the catwalk, the sun breaking over the prison, the wooden cross...they were just rolling out the symbolism as fast as they could. And mostly effective.

Something only semi-related - relatively recently, the newest fad in running are these mud runs. Basically, overpriced 5K's where you run through mud. Those sorta morphed into 'survival' runs where people jump over little charcoal fires and shimmy under barbed wire. It's idiotic.

But now, I just got an email for a 'zombie run' where you have to run a 5K while avoiding zombies. I blame The Walking Dead. Or Zombieland. Or both.

Reaction Score
Doubt it. A series about advertising??? Bewitched trying to be a drama??? Eh don't see it. The only thing I can think when I see the commercials is, Where's Darren and Mr Tate?

My wife wants to give Breaking Bad a try. Maybe this summer sometime to catch up. It'll be tough getting over Malcolm's dad though. (even if he is bald)
Mad Men is somewhere between Downton Abbey and WDead. If you like action, BBad better bet as though it is highly cerebral it also brings the violence when necessary in a swift and remorseless manner. With only 8 episodes left you need to catch up as opposed to diving in. Every season is great.

Reaction Score
Something only semi-related - relatively recently, the newest fad in running are these mud runs. Basically, overpriced 5K's where you run through mud. Those sorta morphed into 'survival' runs where people jump over little charcoal fires and shimmy under barbed wire. It's idiotic.

But now, I just got an email for a 'zombie run' where you have to run a 5K while avoiding zombies. I blame The Walking Dead. Or Zombieland. Or both.

I just thought it was legitimately scary for first time in forever. Low expectations (an interesting war or battle was impossible)? Maybe my high rating was attributable to seeing the poor kid from Louisville and subsequent wife throwing up entire way home from Easter dessert visit.

On the tangent, I think I might start a run thru a zoo where a bunch of monkeys throw feces at the runners, $75 sounds right. OR if the overpriced mud & Zombie runs are too bleak, I suggest an overpriced but happy rainbow jog
http://splashofcolor5k.com/

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
In the end, the whole Andrea thing dragged out too long. It was an excellent ending for both she and Milton, although she still talked too much - but if they had stuffed all of that into last week's episode and just left the suspense of it until this week, they might have had more time for more important crap. (The 'battle' in the prison seemed rather rushed after all that build-up.
Well it does take awhile for someone to die and reanimate, particularly Milton. Seems the “bad” people animate faster. But yes when the guy dying tells you to shut up and hurry….you are talking too much. I think they wanted to make sure people understood why she did the things she did all season.
I thank them for killing an annoying character, but see that they have positioned another one - Carl. That kid is annoying and we'll have to ignore the fact that his dad likely would have gone upside his head while they flesh out his new persona.
Ah no. Carl is awesome. Probably one of the best characters on the show now. A child soldier. With probably the best outlook on the ZA, at least in a pragmatic way. A youth wanting to be treated like an adult. A youth who probably makes better decisions than the adults. A kid telling the leader what he should be doing, and he is right. When you can one up Daryl MotherF%&*#@&* Dixon (Nice story Bro, I shot my mom), you are one bad@ss.
I was glad that they actually let Michonne act like something other than a sword-wielding mute. I'm glad they finally got Tyrese from where he was to where he was going. Moving the peeps from the town to the prison was interesting - they're definitely no longer mobile, even if they have a nifty new school bus.
They’ve been doing that with Michonne for awhile. Nice they gave her an emotional scene though. It will be nice to have another voice or reason in the camp (Tyreese).
They got artsy in the last minutes...Lori no longer being on the catwalk, the sun breaking over the prison, the wooden cross...they were just rolling out the symbolism as fast as they could. And mostly effective.
Agreed. People should be happy, Lori is gone now.
I know a couple people who have done these, and they say they are a blast. I’m getting too old and feeble to do these, but for youngins it sounds like fun. A zombie run…..why not?

Reaction Score
Meh.

The good news is Andrea is gone. Love the "I wanted people to survive" BS. Good riddance. Kind of bummed Milton went out the way he did. Intriguing character, or so I thought.

Glad Tyrese is with the crew, and I hope the first order of business is hitting Rick over the head with a shovel.

I am not a fan of the actor who plays Carl. But I am all for the writers turning him into a mini shane. And if Tyrese doesn't hit Rick over the head with a shovel, I hope Carl does.

The best character, Darryl, stays quiet in the season finale? Ugh. I hope Michonne takes on more of a leadership role.

Big fan of Herschel still.

Writers did a great job of making Glenn completely uninteresting. I really enjoyed seeing his character evolve during the first two seasons.

So in summary, my thoughts:

Good:
1. Bye Bye Andrea
2. Carl as Mini Shane
3. Tyrese is ready for a bigger role
4. Interested to see the effect of more people in the group

Bad:
1. Really botched an opportunity with Milton
2. Rick is still around
3. Governor is still around
4. Darryl's revenge? Where did it go?

Reaction Score
Good:
1. Bye Bye Andrea
2. Carl as Mini Shane
3. Tyrese is ready for a bigger role
4. Interested to see the effect of more people in the group

Bad:
1. Really botched an opportunity with Milton
2. Rick is still around
3. Governor is still around
4. Darryl's revenge? Where did it go?
GOOD - Agree with 1,3 & 4, although I think #4 is simply to provide more walker food. I don't understand #2 although maybe that is because I missed the hunt for the little girl and most of the farm season. For me Shane was nothing but a tiresome, dumb triangle love interest plot with some 'let's kill everyone immediately" thrown in mostly because Shane's primary motivation was to depose Rick because he inexplicably loved the annoying Lori. I like the Carl development, not sure actor can pull it off but its got potential
Bad
1. Milton - eh, he was written one-dimensional. Maybe the actor could have done more, but to make him a supposedly cerebral but pussified science guy was very stereotypical. He was 'brilliant but weak' so he followed the Governor's dumb theories and leadership blindly? Actor did a nice job in that last episode but the character did absolutely nothing. Name one thing he did?!
2. -3 Rick ain't going anywhere, Gov I'm ok with on limited basis
4. Darryl's revenge for what?! - Daryl was happy that his brother took out the soldiers for them & acknowledged the sacrifice Merle knew he was making. Daryl doesn't know the Governor killed his brother at all or in a way that created a zombie so he doesn't have a special motivation to kill the Governor. Plus if you like the character have to believe he is smarter than to act solely out of personal vengeance.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The good news is Andrea is gone. Love the "I wanted people to survive" BS. Good riddance
I was hoping she would survive. Thought they might try to create her into the comic Andrea. Oh well.
Kind of bummed Milton went out the way he did. Intriguing character, or so I thought
You already have a Hershel. I think he had served his purpose.
Glad Tyrese is with the crew, and I hope the first order of business is hitting Rick over the head with a shovel.
Well first it’d be a hammer. No Rick’s around for the long haul. Or at least until Carl is old enough to carry the show.
I am not a fan of the actor who plays Carl. But I am all for the writers turning him into a mini shane.
I like that angle too.
Big fan of Herschel still.
I’m ready for him to go. With Tyreese around now, I think they can let Hershel go. Give Maggie and Beth a story arc too.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
. GOOD - Agree with 1,3 & 4, although I think #4 is simply to provide more walker food
Yea, lots of old people and kids. Definitely walker food. Gonna thin them out pretty quickly I would assume. Supposed to be more walker action next season from what I’ve read anyway.
.. I don't understand #2 although maybe that is because I missed the hunt for the little girl and most of the farm season. For me Shane was nothing but a tiresome, dumb triangle love interest plot with some 'let's kill everyone immediately" thrown in mostly because Shane's primary motivation was to depose Rick because he inexplicably loved the annoying Lori.
Yea you missed a quite a bit there. Shane’s primary motivation was to protect Lori and Carl. He thought Rick was making poor decisions (Randall, looking for Sophie, going back for Merle) that did not protect Lori and Carl (or the group). (and he was kinda correct). But his approach wasn’t very good. Having someone with the pragmatic approach to ZA is a nice contrast to Rick’s. Survival vs something to survive for (i.e. some sort of society to survive in).
He was 'brilliant but weak' so he followed the Governor's dumb theories and leadership blindly?
Well he had known Phillip way before Woodbury. I suppose the Gov had protected him (he obviously was not well equipped to survive in the ZA), probably saved him. To that extent I think he was indebted to the Gov. Also they kind of built Woodbury together. He probably felt like he was part of the leadership and had a friendship/kinship with Phillip. Obviously the Gov didn’t feel the same.
Darryl's revenge for what?! - Daryl was happy that his brother took out the soldiers for them & acknowledged the sacrifice Merle knew he was making. Daryl doesn't know the Governor killed his brother at all or in a way that created a zombie so he doesn't have a special motivation to kill the Governor..
Good points. I was thinking he would be out for revenge, but I can see where maybe not so much. I do think Merle’s death will affect Daryl though. Probably see that next year. He might withdraw again like he did in Season 2 after Sophie. Or Carol will try to prevent him from doing so. Another character/relationship arc.
. Rick ain't going anywhere
True. They may kill him off someday (Season 7,8,9???). But when/if they do, I think that will be the Jump the Shark point.

Reaction Score
Yea you missed a quite a bit there. Shane’s primary motivation was to protect Lori and Carl. He thought Rick was making poor decisions (Randall, looking for Sophie, going back for Merle) that did not protect Lori and Carl (or the group). (and he was kinda correct). But his approach wasn’t very good. Having someone with the pragmatic approach to ZA is a nice contrast to Rick’s. Survival vs something to survive for (i.e. some sort of society to survive in).

Well he had known Phillip way before Woodbury. I suppose the Gov had protected him (he obviously was not well equipped to survive in the ZA), probably saved him. To that extent I think he was indebted to the Gov. Also they kind of built Woodbury together. He probably felt like he was part of the leadership and had a friendship/kinship with Phillip. Obviously the Gov didn’t feel the same.
SHANE - Nope I missed nothing. Because of what they did with Shane professing his love to Lori THEY made it impossible not to view Shane's every action thru the minimalizing prism of wanting Lori and Carl for his own. It diluted any real leadership difference and I turned it off not coincidentally until I heard Shane would be dead.

Phillip - really!? What evidence do we have that they built Woodbury together? We never saw Milton interact with one townsperson or do one productive thing. What exactly could have Milton done or brought to the table moving forward? Do you think anyone grabbed his written history from Woodbury [sarcasm]? As far as we saw the Governor and Milton shared the delusional belief that zombies had human elements left and that is all they/he did. I guess Milton also knew who was sick. Contrast Milton with Dale from BBad is akin to character development masters course vs an elementary school (grades 2-4 only) play.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
SHANE - Nope I missed nothing. Because of what they did with Shane professing his love to Lori THEY made it impossible not to view Shane's every action thru the minimalizing prism of wanting Lori and Carl for his own. It diluted any real leadership difference and I turned it off not coincidentally until I heard Shane would be dead.
Yea, you missed quite a bit. Granted he did want Lori and Carl for his own. But he could have lived with his best friend (he probably had for years). He couldn't, not because he was in love with Lori (which he did think he was), but because he thought Rick could not protect them. He thought Rick was too weak to protect them. He thought he was a better leader and father (and would have been a better husband). And depending on your point of view in the ZA, he may have been. But in the end Rick wasn't as weak as Shane thought. Rick was willing to kill for his family, even his best friend.

Phillip - really!? What evidence do we have that they built Woodbury together? We never saw Milton interact with one townsperson or do one productive thing. What exactly could have Milton done or brought to the table moving forward? Do you think anyone grabbed his written history from Woodbury [sarcasm]? As far as we saw the Governor and Milton shared the delusional belief that zombies had human elements left and that is all they/he did. I guess Milton also knew who was sick. Contrast Milton with Dale from BBad is akin to character development masters course vs an elementary school (grades 2-4 only) play.
Maybe you don't actually watch this show??? They covered that Milton and Phillip started the group together, they were there in the beginning. That they had ideas on how to rebuild a society. You miss this too?? He did scientific work for the Gov. Studied the zombies, figured out about Michonne's pets. He was in the inner circle with Merle and Martinez, the Governor's counsel. He, Andrea and Martinez basically ran the town while the Gov was freaking out about Penny.

Milton performed the experiment on Mr. Coleman. You don't really watch this do you?? Milton and Merle fought (verbal) in one of the early season episodes (Walk With Me maybe??). He seemed to be friends with Haley.

Reaction Score
He thought Rick was too weak to protect them. He thought he was a better leader and father (and would have been a better husband). And depending on your point of view in the ZA, he may have been. But in the end Rick wasn't as weak as Shane thought. Rick was willing to kill for his family, even his best friend.
YES I KNOW HE SAID/THOUGHT THESE THINGS, BUT IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO LISTEN TO THAT AND NOT DISMISS AS THINKING WITH HIS JOHNSON. AND YOU KNEW THAT THIS PLOT WAS GOING THERE FROM THE GET GO (RICK WOULD KILL HIM) SO WHY BOTHER WATCHING.

Maybe you don't actually watch this show??? They covered that Milton and Phillip started the group together, they were there in the beginning.
MENTIONING THIS DOESN'T COUNT, HOW ABOUT A FLASHBACK
That they had ideas on how to rebuild a society. You miss this too??
NAME ONE IDEA THEY HAD. ONE, BE SPECIFIC
He did scientific work for the Gov. Studied the zombies, figured out about Michonne's pets.
OK, HE DID OBSERVE THAT MICHONNE'S PETS WERE DE-TEETHED AND CONCLUDED IT WAS A DETERRENT. DON'T NEED A SCIENTIST FOR THAT BUT MAYBE THE GOVERNOR DID
He was in the inner circle with Merle and Martinez, the Governor's counsel.
NAME SOMETHING HE DID WITHIN THIS INNER CIRCLE. ONE MEETING ETC
He, Andrea and Martinez basically ran the town while the Gov was freaking out about Penny.
AGAIN NO ACTUAL 'TOWN RUNNING' WAS SHOWN ON SCREEN OTHER THAN ANDREA'S SPEECH WHILE MILTON SHRUNK.
Milton performed the experiment on Mr. Coleman.
THIS WAS STUPID AND EVEN CLUELESS ANDREA TOLD HIM SO. AGAIN THAT'S MY WHOLE POINT, MILTON'S ONLY ACTUAL VIEWPOINT WAS BELIEVING MAYBE ZOMBIES WERE STILL HUMAN/ALIVE SO THAT YOU CAN BRING BACK A 12-YEAR OLD THAT'S BEEN RIGAMORTIS FOR WAYYYY MORE THAN 24HRS - D U M B
You don't really watch this do you?? Milton and Merle fought (verbal) in one of the early season episodes (Walk With Me maybe??). He seemed to be friends with Haley.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think it was pretty good, but not great.

In the end, the whole Andrea thing dragged out too long. It was an excellent ending for both she and Milton, although she still talked too much - but if they had stuffed all of that into last week's episode and just left the suspense of it until this week, they might have had more time for more important crap. (The 'battle' in the prison seemed rather rushed after all that build-up.)

I guess they wrapped up the town vs prison kerfuffle, but the governor story line is still out there.

My borther in law and niece have done those zombie runs twice. You can run as a runner, or sign up to be a zombie and go after the runners. Niece is into hollywood/zombie makeup artist stuff (and is damned good at 15).

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Meh.

The good news is Andrea is gone. Love the "I wanted people to survive" BS. Good riddance. Kind of bummed Milton went out the way he did. Intriguing character, or so I thought.

She is a failed redemption story. Saved from her own suicide at the CDC. Then couldn't slit the Governor's throat two episodes back, so she needed to go. Won't miss her except that she had a pretty damned impressive body for a woman over 40.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She is a failed redemption story. Saved from her own suicide at the CDC. Then couldn't slit the Governor's throat two episodes back, so she needed to go. Won't miss her except that she had a pretty damned impressive body for a woman over 40.
Yea that's another reason to not have her leave the show. :cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well I've explained it to you Doggy. If you are unable to get it, can't really help you. May I recommend watching the series?

Reaction Score
Are your responding to me?! At times we've had an interesting debate about the show and you are aware that there are critics out there. Are you now just whistling in the dark pretending the criticism doesn't exist? I assume you are unable to respond to my specific questions. Throwing a generic I'm not watching the show at me is weak.

1. Can you explain why a shell casing fell to the floor after Andrea shot herself with a too quiet for a metal room handgun blast?
2. Can you explain why Herschel was 100% convinced that Carl killed the boy in cold blood when what we saw was someone still advancing on Carl and holding a weapon well after he'd been advised to drop it?
3. Can you explain why during her conversation with Milton Andrea stopped trying to pick-up the pliers for a few minutes?
4. How about why her toes were nicely manicured?
5. Can you explain how Rick's group successfully lured the Govenor into the prison but then rather than flank and shoot them like fish in a barrell or lock them inside, allowed them ALL to run away?
6. Can you explain why Glenn & Maggie hit absolutely nothing when they had the Governor's forces in their sights?
7. Presumably Rick's group disabled the massive guns, err why not get on one of those guns and cut the Woodburians to shreds when they run back to the trucks!?
8. Why did Daryl choose to ride his loud chopper after them.
etc...

I liked the final episode, but to deny that the show has massive plot and story holes does not mean you are the only one watching the show, simply that other's don't suspend their disbelief as easily and completely.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Are your responding to me?! At times we've had an interesting debate about the show and you are aware that there are critics out there. Are you now just whistling in the dark pretending the criticism doesn't exist? I assume you are unable to respond to my specific questions. Throwing a generic I'm not watching the show at me is weak.

1. Can you explain why a shell casing fell to the floor after Andrea shot herself with a too quiet for a metal room handgun blast?
2. Can you explain why Herschel was 100% convinced that Carl killed the boy in cold blood when what we saw was someone still advancing on Carl and holding a weapon well after he'd been advised to drop it?
3. Can you explain why during her conversation with Milton Andrea stopped trying to pick-up the pliers for a few minutes?
4. How about why her toes were nicely manicured?
5. Can you explain how Rick's group successfully lured the Govenor into the prison but then rather than flank and shoot them like fish in a barrell or lock them inside, allowed them ALL to run away?
6. Can you explain why Glenn & Maggie hit absolutely nothing when they had the Governor's forces in their sights?
7. Presumably Rick's group disabled the massive guns, err why not get on one of those guns and cut the Woodburians to shreds when they run back to the trucks!?
8. Why did Daryl choose to ride his loud chopper after them.
etc...

I liked the final episode, but to deny that the show has massive plot and story holes does not mean you are the only one watching the show, simply that other's don't suspend their disbelief as easily and completely.

You must suspend disbelief. I mean, the idea that gasoline would still be functional is ridiculous. Without Sta-bil the gas in my snowblower is toast from just 7-8 months. If you want to prepare for the ZA, get yourself a diesel. As for missing...that's almost believable. The idea that any of these folks, even cops, can just pop off repeated headshots on moving zombies at 20-30 feet with handguns is total nonsense.

Reaction Score
You must suspend disbelief. I mean, the idea that gasoline would still be functional is ridiculous. Without Sta-bil the gas in my snowblower is toast from just 7-8 months. If you want to prepare for the ZA, get yourself a diesel. As for missing...that's almost believable. The idea that any of these folks, even cops, can just pop off repeated headshots on moving zombies at 20-30 feet with handguns is total nonsense.
Yep, generally I don't concern myself with the shooting of Zombie's aspect cuz that's what I want them to do and they did spend a little time with faux training. It only breaks down when they juxtapose impeccable zombie headshot accuracy with inability to hit any human's running in a clear path. Equally logistics stuff like gas, clean cars and where were Rick's cars during the Gov ambush I don't worry about because who cares.

Lastly I'd almsost never argue about Zombie physicality (i.e. razor sharp teeth) because its just insane. But having the Governor trying to resurrect a dead zombie daughter was just too much. In 3 minutes Milton could explain that once blood stopped flowing and tissues died the kid would be 100% brain dead = in 45 minutes = zombies no trace of human. Of course you don't have to take science much further to say a zombie is impossible so its useless/circular.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Are your responding to me?!
Yes, when you respond inside the quote you can’t re quote it. (you get nothing in the quote)
At times we've had an interesting debate about the show and you are aware that there are critics out there. Are you now just whistling in the dark pretending the criticism doesn't exist?
No. Why? There were a good 50/50 split on the reviews for this episode. Not sure what they were expecting though. I thought we got a decent battle and an even better payoff with the Gov killing all the people. A couple main characters died. Got resolution between the two settings. Gives us plenty of arcs to work with next season.
I assume you are unable to respond to my specific questions..
I already covered those questions. Sorry you didn’t like the answers. It’s pretty useless to repeat myself, you are obviously not going to get it.
Throwing a generic I'm not watching the show at me is weak.
But accurate and maybe even helpful. You seem to miss a lot of stuff.
First, really? This what you are concerned with??? I read somewhere the gun she used wouldn’t eject a casing anyway. I don’t know enough about the guns to know whether that is accurate or not. (I didn’t think he gave her his Python, I guess some people think he did. I thought he gave her a gun like the one she used to have – hence her “I know how the safety works”. ) I don’t really care. But some people will look for anything, no matter how inconsequential, to complain about.

And you assume the Gov wouldn’t insulate his torture room???;)
Can you explain why Herschel was 100% convinced that Carl killed the boy in cold blood when what we saw was someone still advancing on Carl and holding a weapon well after he'd been advised to drop it?.
Sure, he thought the kid looked scared $hitless and was giving up. Hershel was probably right. But I don’t fault Carl for not taking any chances….like he said.
Can you explain why during her conversation with Milton Andrea stopped trying to pick-up the pliers for a few minutes?.
Cause she’s Andrea. I yelled at her to hurry up also.
How about why her toes were nicely manicured?
They did mention that on the Talking Dead and laughed about it. I don’t know, they had a school in Woodbury, maybe they had someone who gave manicures??? I didn’t notice that, but then I’m not a female. Most guys wouldn’t. I really don’t need that much realism that the actors have to go out and get their toes “undone”.
Can you explain how Rick's group successfully lured the Govenor into the prison but then rather than flank and shoot them like fish in a barrell or lock them inside, allowed them ALL to run away?.
Sure, the plan wasn’t to kill them. They realized the problem was the Gov and a few of his henchmen, not the general population of Woodbury. I’m sure they would have wanted the Gov dead, but mostly they wanted to run them off. As Michonne said (again do you follow the series??), they didn’t have to win, just make it too much trouble for the Woodburians to be worth it. They succeeded.
Can you explain why Glenn & Maggie hit absolutely nothing when they had the Governor's forces in their sights?
Don’t know that they didn’t. But again, I think their plan was to drive them off. Going back here and putting 2+2+2 together. They realized Merle’s attack had taken out most of the Gov’s real fighters. The group he was coming with where mostly just a bunch of townies that really hadn’t even had to kill too many walkers lately. Let alone fight against someone who was firing back at them. A large majority had never been under fire.
Presumably Rick's group disabled the massive guns, err why not get on one of those guns and cut the Woodburians to shreds when they run back to the trucks!?
Don’t think so. I read somewhere that those guns tend to jam quite often, and they did at a very opportune time. Don’t think Rick’s group was out there in the yard. I assume the Gov would have left someone at the trucks anyway. And again, I don’t think their point was to kill them but to scare them off. Hence Hershel’s shock and outrage at Carl killing the teenager.
Why did Daryl choose to ride his loud chopper after them.
Well one, cause he’s Daryl MotherF&*%ing Dixon, beeeaaatch. He was asked in one interview why he rode that considering it would attract walkers. He smiled and said it’s good on gas…..and it’s cool (but you could see he was thinking “cause I’m Daryl MotherF&*%ing Dixon, beeeaaatch”). :cool:
Well those things you listed are not “massive” plot or story wholes. It’s a TV series about a ZA, there are gonna be things not believable. Or some editing mistakes. One can nitpick pretty much any TV/movie.

Hey here’s a massive unbelievability factor….there are zombies, can you explain that?:rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Equally logistics stuff like gas, clean cars and where were Rick's cars during the Gov ambush I don't worry about because who cares.
I understand some of your questions, but other are pretty simply answered. They drove the cars into the woods to make it look like it was abandoned. Hershel, Beth, Judith and Carl where out there with them. How difficult was that to follow?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom