OT: Vikings/ Seahawks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Vikings/ Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
One thing they didn't seem to mention is that he likes the ball on the right hash. I guess most righties like it on the left to hook it in but he doesn't. I was surprised they didn't get him to that side

As a soccer play, it would seem to me to be harder for a righty to kick it (too the right) from the left hash. It's an inside out kinda move. Outside/In, from the right hash, is an easier kick from an natural motion perspective.

Reaction Score
wait, the weather has something to do with the inflation of the balls....Huh?
Yeah, science.

If you were to inflate the footballs in a 74 degree room and then brought them out into -10 degree weather the molecules inside the ball would slow down due to heat transfer which would cause the air to condense and lower the PSI.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Zimmer and Bridgewater cost them as much as the kicker. Running the ball on 3rd and 6 in that stop is a very low % so why not just do QB run to middle or best angle for kicker.

Also, maybe hard to evaluate on one game, I've seen very little of Bridgewater, but he's not very good at all. Has an awful release, not real accurate, struggles to throw down field.

I'd put him in the bottom 5 starting QBs just on eye test. AJ McCarron is at least as good as him and he was a 4th rounder.

His plant foot was maybe an inch from the ball. I think he bad form on that.

I can never understand why teams simply don't run it in the middle of the hash marks before very short kicks.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Also, maybe hard to evaluate on one game, I've seen very little of Bridgewater, but he's not very good at all. Has an awful release, not real accurate, struggles to throw down field.

I've seen him a few times this year. He's not bad. Good, not great. But the plus is that he keeps improving. I'm not sure what his ceiling is, but he's definitely got some stuff to work with. I'd personally put him middle of the pack QB wise.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The guy kicked some real good FGs earlier in the game under the same crappy conditions and was successful
As I look at the replay it seems he did not have a proper approach do to the footing and appears to slip a bit
I feel for the guy BUT without him they wouldn't have been in the position to win
Where was the Vikings offense in cracking the goal line?
I am not a Seahawks fan at all - besides the Cowboys, Panthers and Ravens I put them on my dislike list.
Things like this help propel teams to championships
The only good thing about the Seahawks/Panther game is that one of them will lose

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I am not a Seahawks fan at all - besides the Cowboys, Panthers and Ravens I put them on my dislike list.
The only good thing about the Seahawks/Panther game is that one of them will lose

How did the Panthers get on your dislike list. I'm completely ambivalent about them and I imagine most would feel the same?

Reaction Score
the Vikings did everything except win the game. a crap play gives the Seahawks abig opportunity to get a TD and then a stupid fumble gives them the lead. all gifts leading to the win. Minnesota completely outplayed Seattle and should have won it. Walsh misses a chippy and the least deserving team moves on.

Reaction Score
So what's the deal with kicking on the laces? All these years I've heard about holders avoiding the laces being kicked, but now I'm interested to know why.

Reaction Score
The Seahawks out gained the Vikings by 40 yards, even on TOs and total plays. Neither dominated neither. The kicker missed a chip shot

the Vikings did everything except win the game. a crap play gives the Seahawks abig opportunity to get a TD and then a stupid fumble gives them the lead. all gifts leading to the win. Minnesota completely outplayed Seattle and should have won it. Walsh misses a chippy and the least deserving team moves on.

Reaction Score
Yeah..and most of it was on that muffed snap which threw everything else out of kilter in coverage. they were lucky to escape with a win.

Reaction Score
I think you'd be surprised at how many people dislike Cam Newton, presumably because he looks like he's having fun.
There has got to be a racial component to it. I've heard people talk about how much they hate him and they think he's a punk and thug, when asked why I've never gotten an answer as to why they feel that way.

Reaction Score
That "crap" play was an unbelievable play by Wilson, he's probably the only guy in the league who could make that play.

Reaction Score
It's about having respect and humility (i.e., not showing the other guy up).

I'd like to see him win a playoff game, when do Brady or Wilson ever act like he does.

There has got to be a racial component to it. I've heard people talk about how much they hate him and they think he's a punk and thug, when asked why I've never gotten an answer as to why they feel that way.

Reaction Score

When Travis Kelce dances after a touchdown, he gets a feature in SI. When Aaron Rogers does that stupid belt, he gets a State Farm commercial. When Cam dances, he's a classless punk. You might be on to something.

Reaction Score
My bad, he won the WC game against the Cardinals last year.

I like Cam, but his celebration is considered some sort of sexual gyration thing.

I'd like to see him win a playoff game, when do Brady or Wilson ever act like he does.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I used to dislike him a bit when he first got in the league, because I thought he was too cocky for the level of talent he was displaying on the field, it made him look like a jackass (a la Cutler). If you are going to dance, you better be able to back it up.

Now that he's nasty, it comes across better for me. Looks like he's having a great time; doesn't seem as arrogant now either, maybe because he's got nothing to prove so to speak. Plus, he's apparently big with the kids in the area and does a lot for them. Seems like a good all around dude.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Yeah that's the answer - always. :rolleyes:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That "crap" play was an unbelievable play by Wilson, he's probably the only guy in the league who could make that play.

A huge hat tip to Wilson for that one, as it was a phenomenal play on his part, but MN should have tackled him there. It looked like a couple (at least one) of the guys took bad angles, and maybe even slowed up a bit to iirc.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Some of the lingering dislike of Cam has to do with him getting kicked out of University of Florida and his dad accepting payment for Cam to go to Auburn. Everyone knew it, Paul Finebaum got a national audience out of the story but no one could get the smoking gun.

He has been fine at Carolina. I remember hearing some stories about the Panthers owner sitting Cam down and giving him a path forward on and off the field. Cam seems to have listened.

Remember when RGIII was so popular in college because he was the anti-Cam? So likeable and affable and a leader in and out of the huddle. That's beyond funny now.

Reaction Score
Remember when RGIII was so popular in college because he was the anti-Cam? So likeable and affable and a leader in and out of the huddle. That's beyond funny now.

Gotta wonder how that kid would have fared had he ended up basically anywhere else.

Reaction Score

Lolol. Brady talks an absurd amount of on the field.

Not being a fan of Cam is one thing, but the criticism of him is just...strange.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
So what's the deal with kicking on the laces? All these years I've heard about holders avoiding the laces being kicked, but now I'm interested to know why.
As a former college kicker, straight on with the square toe, I can tell you that kicking the laces causes the ball to squirt off you foot in an uncontrolled manner. On long FG attempts, it makes a big difference but it's not why he missed that one today. He probably screwed up with his plant foot. I haven't watched a reply.
That being said, I feel terrible for the kid. He makes that kick 99% of the time except for today and he's owning it. He refused to blame the holder.

Reaction Score
As a former college kicker, straight on with the square toe, I can tell you that kicking the laces causes the ball to squirt off you foot in an uncontrolled manner. On long FG attempts, it makes a big difference but it's not why he missed that one today. He probably screwed up with his plant foot. I haven't watched a reply.
That being said, I feel terrible for the kid. He makes that kick 99% of the time except for today and he's owning it. He refused to blame the holder.

I read some kicker today who said that the big issue with the laces is to ensure that they're not on either side, but rather square to the uprights, because "compression" or something will affect the flight of the ball laterally if they're off to one side. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom