OT: Vikings/ Seahawks | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Vikings/ Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When Travis Kelce dances after a touchdown, he gets a feature in SI. When Aaron Rogers does that stupid belt, he gets a State Farm commercial. When Cam dances, he's a classless punk. You might be on to something.
I tiptoed around it because people get so freaking defensive if you ever call out anything involving race but yes of course a lot of the reactions to Cam are based on him being a black quarterback. I've actually asked a couple of people I know who hate him why they actually hate him? All they came up with is he smiles too much.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Lolol. Brady talks an absurd amount of on the field.

Not being a fan of Cam is one thing, but the criticism of him is just...strange.

You want to see you humility, look at Rodgers. ahhahaha not so much.

It's a tough game. Nothing wrong with attitude. As long as you can back it up.

Reaction Score
That kicker scored all of their points. He can hold his head up high.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I tiptoed around it because people get so freaking defensive if you ever call out anything involving race but yes of course a lot of the reactions to Cam are based on him being a black quarterback. I've actually asked a couple of people I know who hate him why they actually hate him? All they came up with is he smiles too much.

Most kickers today have a soccer style side sweep kicking motion too. With laces right at you, it adds 'grip' to to the ball, resulting in sideways rotational spin. The longer the kick the more it can potentially affect swerve of the ball. Some soccer cleats these days have rubber 'wings' on them to get the same swerve affect.

On shorter kicks, I'd expect this to affect kicks more than laces sideways. Jmo

Reaction Score

Race? Really, how about he's just an unlikeable guy no matter what color or position?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-new...ouchdown-dance-video-reaction-panthers-titans

By the way name me the other QB's who celebrate alone in a long, disrespectful manner like this piece of crap? The race card is such BS, he's an idiot period. Even after he throws a TD he has his own little dance piece and celebration most every other QB runs to his line and receiver who caught it, not this jamoke. Hope they tear his head off.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/19/richard-dent-isnt-a-fan-of-cam-newtons-celebrations/

Must be the "race card" for Richard Dent to huh?

Reaction Score
Race? Really, how about he's just an unlikeable guy no matter what color or position?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-new...ouchdown-dance-video-reaction-panthers-titans

By the way name me the other QB's who celebrate alone in a long, disrespectful manner like this piece of crap? The race card is such BS, he's an idiot period. Even after he throws a TD he has his own little dance piece and celebration most every other QB runs to his line and receiver who caught it, not this jamoke. Hope they tear his head off.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/19/richard-dent-isnt-a-fan-of-cam-newtons-celebrations/

You just called him a piece of crap, a jamoke and you hope he gets his head torn off all because he dances. You are the one with the problem here, Mau.

Reaction Score
His plant foot was maybe an inch from the ball. I think he bad form on that.

I can never understand why teams simply don't run it in the middle of the hash marks before very short kicks.
Vikes had the ball on the right hash....then the last run by AP ended up going over to the left hash...another inch on that run and he would have had a 1st down...and the Vikes might have actually scored a TD..

For a lifelong Vikings fan, it's just another kick in the gut for me...

I have to think that the AP era should be over. ...While he is a tremendous back, teams stack the box to stop him...and that limits the offense's ability to be more wide open...and that's how you win in the NFL now..

Reaction Score
Vikes had the ball on the right hash....then the last run by AP ended up going over to the left hash...another inch on that run and he would have had a 1st down...and the Vikes might have actually scored a TD..

For a lifelong Vikings fan, it's just another kick in the gut for me...

I have to think that the AP era should be over. ...While he is a tremendous back, teams stack the box to stop him...and that limits the offense's ability to be more wide open...and that's how you win in the NFL now..

If teams are stacking the box, that should open up the passing game, no?

Reaction Score
You just called him a piece of crap, a jamoke and you hope he gets his head torn off all because he dances. You are the one with the problem here, Mau.

So I have a problem because I dislike the guy and his selfish antics? Do I need to go find some posts by you in which you disliked a player or coach and then tell you you're the only one with a problem?

C'mon sj quit being so childish about this.

Reaction Score

Cam is so unlikeable...

Reaction Score
Sometimes the good have to be highlighted so people can see someone out of uniform and separate them from that role they play:

Reaction Score
So I have a problem because I dislike the guy and his selfish antics? Do I need to go find some posts by you in which you disliked a player or coach and then tell you you're the only one with a problem?

Why do older white people get so upset when people bring up race? Pretending it doesn't exist doesn't make it the case. People have noted that black athletes tend to be described in different terms for the same conduct as white athletes, and your immediate response is to call the kid a bunch of names based on nothing. You might disagree with the idea that a decent chunk of the animosity directed toward Newton is based on race, just like you might disagree with the idea that calling the POTUS the product of affirmative action and demanding the release of his college transcripts (while his predecessor was a self-professed cokehead party boy through his late 30s) isn't based on race, but it doesn't mean it's not a proper subject of discussion.

http://deadspin.com/scared-white-people-are-running-out-of-reasons-to-hate-1743021354

Reaction Score

You called someone a piece of crap and hope he gets his head torn off for dancing and I'm the one being childish? Your reaction to someone else's joy is pretty freaking strange. Maybe he should also get all his teeth knocked out for smiling too much.

Reaction Score
Why do older white people get so upset when people bring up race? Pretending it doesn't exist doesn't make it the case. People have noted that black athletes tend to be described in different terms for the same conduct as white athletes, and your immediate response is to call the kid a bunch of names based on nothing. You might disagree with the idea that a decent chunk of the animosity directed toward Newton is based on race, just like you might disagree with the idea that calling the POTUS the product of affirmative action and demanding the release of his college transcripts (while his predecessor was a self-professed cokehead party boy through his late 30s) isn't based on race, but it doesn't mean it's not a proper subject of discussion.

http://deadspin.com/scared-white-people-are-running-out-of-reasons-to-hate-1743021354
It would take looking inwardly and that scares the hell out of a lot of people.

Reaction Score
I read some kicker today who said that the big issue with the laces is to ensure that they're not on either side, but rather square to the uprights, because "compression" or something will affect the flight of the ball laterally if they're off to one side. Thoughts?
I heard today that Walsh prefers kicking off the right hash mark to accommodate for his natural hook. The previous play call was a run to the right by Adrian Peterson to give Walsh the right hash mark. Peterson started out to the right and cut to the left putting the ball on the left hash mark. Granted Walsh should make that kick but I wonder if it screwed with his head. Also timing is everything. In Super Bowl XXXVIII Adam Vinatieri was 1 for 3 on field goals (missing from 31 and 36) while Walsh was 3 for 4 Sunday. Vinatieri is a hero and Walsh is a goat.

Reaction Score

Maybe because they're not and don't like being labeled as such or assuming this would be the reason. Dislike Johnny Manziel too let's hear about why?

Or maybe because it's all BS. Sick of it quite honestly from my point of view.

Reaction Score
You called someone a piece of crap and hope he gets his head torn off for dancing and I'm the one being childish? Your reaction to someone else's joy is pretty freaking strange. Maybe he should also get all his teeth knocked out for smiling too much.

And you calling someone a racist is pretty much BS because they dislike an athlete. Talk about jumping to conclusions. But hey, that has to be it all the time now. Such crap!

He's a selfish idiot and yet the color of his skin is the reason I hate his antics, where do people get off with their thinking?

Reaction Score
Can we stop this damn thread before it gets really ridiculous, although that started with someone playing the race card yet again.

Reaction Score
Can we stop this damn thread before it gets really ridiculous, although that started with someone playing the race card yet again.
How about all parties just go back to the Vikings/Seahawks talk regardless of where we fall on this and we can let it go.

Reaction Score
im not normally a fan of the race card, but in cams case i dont think theres any question it applies

Reaction Score
I heard today that Walsh prefers kicking off the right hash mark to accommodate for his natural hook. The previous play call was a run to the right by Adrian Peterson to give Walsh the right hash mark. Peterson started out to the right and cut to the left putting the ball on the left hash mark. Granted Walsh should make that kick but I wonder if it screwed with his head. Also timing is everything. In Super Bowl XXXVIII Adam Vinatieri was 1 for 3 on field goals (missing from 31 and 36) while Walsh was 3 for 4 Sunday. Vinatieri is a hero and Walsh is a goat.

Yep. But Vinatieri did it on purpose to keep the game close so he could make the winning kick again.

Reaction Score
And you calling someone a racist is pretty much BS because they dislike an athlete. Talk about jumping to conclusions. But hey, that has to be it all the time now. Such crap!

He's a selfish idiot and yet the color of his skin is the reason I hate his antics, where do people get off with their thinking?
He's a selfish idiot, jamoke, piece of crap, and you want his head taken off all because he dances. Mau, I usually like your posts but man this is a bad look.

Reaction Score
He's a selfish idiot, jamoke, piece of crap, and you want his head taken off all because he dances. Mau, I usually like your posts but man this is a bad look.

It's what you make of it all exaggerated for a guy I don't like. What looks bad is what I am accused of, you want to look bad on cyber space you did. Congrats John.

I've talked about Calipari and Jim Boeheim in many of the same ways but wasn't accused of anything so you think about it real long before you figure out who looks bad.

Reaction Score
To tzzandrew's point, the team that has the best chance to win the next game got lucky and it's good for next weekend they survived. Better and more intriguing matchup at least to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom