OT: Va Tech flying into CT to meet Durham | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Va Tech flying into CT to meet Durham

Reaction Score
It rather sounds like 'I can't / won't improve' coming from the lads. And there's the door. QED.

Reaction Score
*Boneyard following the transfer of Enoch and Jackson*
"I really hope Durham doesn't leave he is so skilled and is going to be a special player."

*Boneyard after Durham transfer announcement*
"Good leave you're soft and will never be a good player"
That BY exchange is probable.
The converse is also true.
To many on the BY these three were stuffs who vould never be any good.
After they left to they assumed gargantuan skills.
Both stories are somewhat overblown

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I wont bad mouth Enoch going out. After 2 years you could tell it was not in his DNA to play UConn D.

Jackson I won't either. Mostly because I knew in December/ January he was transferring and was going to fall Down the depth chart with larrier/ vital

But Durham had no one in front of him , was a mold of player Ollie likes to use ( stretch 4) And most of all was shown incredible loyalty by UConn for sticking through 2 ACL tears when we could've recruited over him.
And we get repaid how?

THATS why he is soft. Forget the on court , as fishy pointed out we are mostly soft these days.
He is a mental prisswad and deserves none of our respect.

He will be a good player somewhere. It should've been here. I will root for Enoch elsewhere, Jackson I'll be ambivalent.

Durham is dead to me.

Reaction Score
Good but not great troll job. B- at best. Duped the usual dupes, roped in some actual supporters in agreement (lol) and just raised the collective blood pressure up a few pts. However the experienced interneters saw through that like Grandma's underpants. So B- it is.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I wont bad mouth Enoch going out. After 2 years you could tell it was not in his DNA to play UConn D.

Jackson I won't either. Mostly because I knew in December/ January he was transferring and was going to fall Down the depth chart with larrier/ vital

But Durham had no one in front of him , was a mold of player Ollie likes to use ( stretch 4) And most of all was shown incredible loyalty by UConn for sticking through 2 ACL tears when we could've recruited over him.
And we get repaid how?

THATS why he is soft. Forget the on court , as fishy pointed out we are mostly soft these days.
He is a mental prisswad and deserves none of our respect.

He will be a good player somewhere. It should've been here. I will root for Enoch elsewhere, Jackson I'll be ambivalent.

Durham is dead to me.

To me, your nicotine deprivation and his completing the semester for APR purposes soften my response from two directions. I do think you've got a legitimate argument, and I didn't see enough from him to generate strong feelings. If he decided to stay, I'd be curious to see if he'd recapture what had him highly ranked. Otherwise, I don't recall even a handful of plays that sparked me.

Reaction Score
I agree 100% with AW on this one
I really could care about the 3 that left for a myriad of reasons but of the three, JD is the least I care about. He is soft, he looked like he didn't care and watching him on the sidelines he was usually goofing off and was the last to get up and join the huddle, etc. I gave KO the benefit of the doubt bringing him as damaged goods and it speaks highly of KO's charitable personality. Then you see the kid do this?
He cannot leave fast enough for me

I have a tough time characterizing a kid as soft based on his on-court play when he's a year removed from a second ACL tear and playing college basketball for the first time against guys who are older and stronger. This is the type of thing that is a lot easier to say now that he's leaving here. During the season I didn't hear a bad word about him.

That being said, with most transfers, there is plenty of writing on the wall. There isn't with this one. The fact that he'd rather sit out another year when there are so many minutes to be had here is very telling. I don't know who is at fault for that, but when a kid like Juwan Durham leaves it means somebody effed up.

No competitor would leave on these terms unless something was seriously wrong. Perhaps it's as simple as Durham just not being a particularly competitive kid but I'm willing to hear his side of the story.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Sounds a little scary, think I'd try a Loobster Roll from McDonald's first

They're not as good as you might imagine. You get about a thumb's length of lobster and the rest is lettuce. If you want a McDonald's experience that will knock your socks off, go for the Grand Mac.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom