OT: Va Tech flying into CT to meet Durham | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Va Tech flying into CT to meet Durham

Reaction Score
Durham and Jackson are leaving because they can't play man-to-man defense. They both are way to slow laterally. They both knew that their playing time going forward would be limited.
Same thing with Enoch so they must of had a group chat between them 3 regarding them leaving Uconn

Reaction Score
Durham and Jackson are leaving because they can't play man-to-man defense. They both are way to slow laterally. They both knew that their playing time going forward would be limited.

That's how I kind of read between the lines based on what Ollie has said. He emphasizes that he didn't tell them to go. What he did tell them... and this is reading between the lines.... if you don't play defense and change your attitude of expecting to get minutes you haven't earned, then you will continue to ride the bench! They took that as we aren't a good fit.

I just feel like this is all a result of a bad season. When you are winning everyone wants to be apart even if it's sitting on the bench and waiting 2 or 3 years to get minutes. But have a horrible year like we just did and the perception changes. It's all good though, I think we are on the right path recruiting kids that truly want to be at uconn and drink the kool-aid.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I wish Durham would take his Gimp legs, soft attitude and pansy tendencies back to Florida or whatever hellhole he crawled out of. He doesn't deserve to be recruited and visited in the state of Connecticut. He doesn't deserve the rub you get when the terms CT and basketball are meshed together.

Go home Mr softie.

You have a right to do whatever you want. Fine.

But you lost the right to do it from Connecticut.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
I wish Durham would take his Gimp legs, soft attitude and pansy tendencies back to Florida or whatever hellhole he crawled out of. He doesn't deserve to be recruited and visited in the state of Connecticut. He doesn't deserve the rub you get when the terms CT and basketball are meshed together.

Go home Mr softie.

He's finishing up his classes

Reaction Score

Go home Mr softie.

Yeah if he left without finishing his classes that would hurt our APR a whole lot, and possibly affect his ability to get in to another school. So he should stay until after finals

August_West

Reaction Score
He's finishing up his classes

So take the classes and fly back to your hellhole for recruiting. We don't want you here, Mr softie.

August_West

Reaction Score
At some point, when you're a wheezing asthmatic with moobs crafted by cheese fries and Arby's, you need to step back from giving the hard man speech.

" hardness is not measured by a mans post-Arby's visit stomach size, but by a man's judging abilities of the intestinal fortitude ( or lack thereof) of 19 year old kids on a sports fan message board "

- sun tzu , "the art of war"

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Buzz/Mick - 2 peas in the same pod
upload_2017-4-22_12-25-46.jpeg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yes, we do.

This is idiotic.
I agree 100% with AW on this one
I really could care about the 3 that left for a myriad of reasons but of the three, JD is the least I care about. He is soft, he looked like he didn't care and watching him on the sidelines he was usually goofing off and was the last to get up and join the huddle, etc. I gave KO the benefit of the doubt bringing him as damaged goods and it speaks highly of KO's charitable personality. Then you see the kid do this?
He cannot leave fast enough for me

Reaction Score
I really could care about the 3 that left for a myriad of reasons but of the three, JD is the least I care about. He is soft, he looked like he didn't care and watching him on the sidelines he was usually goofing off and was the last to get up and join the huddle, etc. I gave KO the benefit of the doubt bringing him as damaged goods and it speaks highly of KO's charitable personality. Then you see the kid do this?
Heard from a reliable source his favorite pizza joint is Papa Johns

Reaction Score
I would say VJ for me, worst defender I can ever recall at UConn, awful shooting motion, no quickness, wanted to play the 3 and has zero wing skills and not tough enough to play the 4. And father a LaVar Ball wannabe.

I would have liked to see another year of SE and JD and how they develop.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I can't believe people didn't see the talent in Durham, he is 20-30 pounds away from being a very good college player, with the upside of an NBA player. Just because he left, doesn't mean he's suddenly talent-less. The rumored schools wouldn't be offering him if that were the case.

Reaction Score
I can't believe people didn't see the talent in Durham, he is 20-30 pounds away from being a very good college player, with the upside of an NBA player. Just because he left, doesn't mean he's suddenly talent-less. The rumored schools wouldn't be offering him if that were the case.

He may be talented, but the characterization as "soft" is likely appropriate. Enoch similar, and in his case it's compounded by a stunning lack of basketball IQ.

I actually think from a purely on-court point of view, Jackson is the biggest loss, but he was obviously bad for team chemistry and cohesiveness.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The whole team was soft - not sure why we're deciding that Juwan is the outlier here.

How many times over the past four years has an opponent cracked UConn open with a run? These teams aren't in the same zip code as tough.

Punch a Kevin Ollie team in the mouth and it generally stays punched.

Reaction Score
The whole team was soft - not sure why we're deciding that Juwan is the outlier here.

How many times over the past four years has an opponent cracked UConn open with a run? These teams aren't in the same zip code as tough.

Punch a Kevin Ollie team in the mouth and it generally stays punched.

Related to this are the infuriating slow starts. JC teams back in the day would come out an impose their will on the opponent.

KO's teams have sat back and felt the other team out while getting down 8-12 points early. How many times have we looked up at the scoreboard to see us down like 15-7 at the under-12 timeout.

That said, we usually do fight back, but generally in a too-little-too-late manner.

The toughness and aggressiveness needs to be ratcheted up a level or 3.

Reaction Score
*Boneyard following the transfer of Enoch and Jackson*
"I really hope Durham doesn't leave he is so skilled and is going to be a special player."

*Boneyard after Durham transfer announcement*
"Good leave you're soft and will never be a good player"

Reaction Score
" hardness is not measured by a mans post-Arby's visit stomach size, but by a man's judging abilities of the intestinal fortitude ( or lack thereof) of 19 year old kids on a sports fan message board "

- sun tzu , "the art of war"
Had the brisket sandwich yesterday. It was great.

August_West

Reaction Score
Had the brisket sandwich yesterday. It was great.

My man.

Find a better 5 buck fast food sandwich.
You get it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom