OT: Travelers | The Boneyard

OT: Travelers

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Who y'all got?

My five: Charley Hoffman, Ryan Moore, Bryson DeChambeau, Patrick Reed, Daniel Berger.

Reaction Score
Good choices Matt, I got a feeling Speith is going to surprise us and be in the hunt. Good field I'm thinking Reed myself. Going early Thursday spending most of the day with a new viewing strategy and getting that free Beef barbecue they give the vets and families cool stuff enjoy and hope it equals last year's drama, enjoy.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Enjoy! It should be beautiful Thursday. The big groups are going off at 12:50 and 1 on #1. Leishman, Jordan, Knox with Bubba, Rory and JT right behind them. It's gonna be a mob scene behind them.

Reaction Score
Who y'all got?

My five: Charley Hoffman, Ryan Moore, Bryson DeChambeau, Patrick Reed, Daniel Berger.

Like these picks a lot. Hoffman and Moore seem to be in the hunt at Travelers every year.

I'm going Reed to win and Luke List as my sleeper.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Like these picks a lot. Hoffman and Moore seem to be in the hunt at Travelers every year.

I'm going Reed to win and Luke List as my sleeper.

Yeah Hoffman and Moore each have a couple top 5s here I believe, and they're both hot right now.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I was at the pro-am last year. It was awesome. So low key and the players are happy to mingle with fans. It was a great time. Sadly I can't make it this year.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Always fun to watch fireworks on back 9 on Sunday, especially last four holes.

I'd love to see a way to make tee shot on 16 about one club length longer and add about 15-20 yards to 17. Would love seeing players on tee of 17 knowing they need to nut one off the tee to get an 8 or 9 iron on to green, or take the risk of laying back and hitting a 5 or 6 iron across the pond.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Spieth is chalk but I pick him too. I’ll be there Saturday. Where is the Boneyard hospitality tent?

Never mind. Depending where you look, he is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This may be a dumb question, but is it worth going? I'm not a golfer but live in town and was always curious if it is a good time even if you have little to no golf connection.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This may be a dumb question, but is it worth going? I'm not a golfer but live in town and was always curious if it is a good time even if you have little to no golf connection.
I'm not a golfer but I've been a few times and always enjoyed it. It's a great spectator course.

MattMang23

Reaction Score

Yes. Long before I ever played, I attended this tournament. If I had to compare it to a more popular spectator sport, I would compare it to baseball live. You're outside, sun shining, beers flowing, there isn't constant action in front of you creating lots of down time to chat, and since you're not locked into a seat you can walk around and go check out whatever part of the course you want. It's a great social event. And when golfers come thru every five minutes or so, you can really admire just how hard it is to hit a tiny ball with a stick into a cylinder less than five inches in diameter. These guys are really really good.

Reaction Score
Always fun to watch fireworks on back 9 on Sunday, especially last four holes.

I'd love to see a way to make tee shot on 16 about one club length longer and add about 15-20 yards to 17. Would love seeing players on tee of 17 knowing they need to nut one off the tee to get an 8 or 9 iron on to green, or take the risk of laying back and hitting a 5 or 6 iron across the pond.
No room on 16, and they’d need to buy some land to do 17. It is what it is. Not everything can be 7500 yds.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No room on 16, and they’d need to buy some land to do 17. It is what it is. Not everything can be 7500 yds.

Looking at Google Maps below, I'd add some dirt to the tee box area on 16 (looking from the tee to the green, I'd put it to the right of the existing tee). As for 17, it looks like some higher land on a mound to the left of the existing tee box (looks brownish on the map).

I've never been on the course so this is strictly based off of watching on TV and looking at the maps. Not the end of the world. I really like the excitement of the last 4 holes but I'd like at least one of them holes to make them lay off the accelerator and have to pause/think how to avoid a big number.

upload_2018-6-20_21-13-18.png

Reaction Score
I don’t think Spieth is chalk but I pick him too. I’ll be there Saturday. Where is the Boneyard hospitality tent?

Never mind. Depending where you look, he is.
Used to go every year especially when the tourney was at Wethersfield. My uncle played for many years and was a Wethersfield member so I always got free tickets. The last few times I went I would have preferred to be playing instead so that is what I'll do. Enjoy the tournament!

MattMang23

Reaction Score
The big names, except for PReed and Sneds, all had good mornings. Leaderboard looks like a who's who between -4 and -2. Let's see what Spieth, Rory, et al. can do with elevated temps this afternoon.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I live a mile as the crow flies from the TPC.
Will probably catch the last few players on Friday night and watch end up at the Survivor concert after.
If I can find a freebie in the neighborhood surrounding on Sunday may try to go for the end.
Otherwise I know of an unguarded entrance that I can sneak into.

Pro Tip for those going.

There is a back entrance in the neighborhoods where locals are partying and charging $5.00 to park in their yard.
Literally right across the street from an alternative entrance.

Search "Laurel Road" or "Field Road" in Cromwell.
No need to be stuck in any kind of traffic on 99 coming in from Rocky Hill.
Shadow Lane or Nooks Hill Road off of Route 99 (Main Street) in Cromwell will get you in quickly.

The smiley face below is where the secret locals entrance is.
Ticket scanners, security and all.
Park anywhere near there.
Locals will even sell you $1.00 waters to take in.

Enjoy!

upload_2018-6-21_13-35-7.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom