OT: Travelers | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Travelers

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Well, 17 sealed Casey's fate. He pushed it right in to the lake. That was my original premise. Players can smash the gas pedal the entire back nine. I like seeing one of the last few holes be a reality check and gut check.

It was a while ago. Larry Mize was leading by about 4 going to 15. He hadn’t won in a while. He hit possibly the worst shot short of Jean Van Develd ever. He decided to play it very safe, I guess to avoid driving into the lake. He teed off with a 5 iron and totally shanked it up into the trees and junky rough. He had trouble getting out and I believe quadrupled or worse on a birdie hole. There went the title.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It was a while ago. Larry Mize was leading by about 4 going to 15. He hadn’t won in a while. He hit possibly the worst shot short of Jean Van Develd ever. He decided to play it very safe, I guess to avoid driving into the lake. He teed off with a 5 iron and totally shanked it up into the trees and junky rough. He had trouble getting out and I believe quadrupled or worse on a birdie hole. There went the title.

Yep. That was brought up in another GHO thread sometime in the past year.

Mize shanked a mid-iron in to the woods right OOB. But that is such an extreme exception on that hole. Pros can play that hole PW, PW and have birdie putts all day long.

Bubba's tee shot on 18 today was surreal. He was amped up with momentum and goes for 360+ down the fairway. Not a bad pitch to about 3' as a follow up shot. I think I read today he has won over $5m in his career just at Cromwell.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Good players made some bad shots down the stretch. I would say the course held up. The 1st round leader was -7. Only the winner did better than double that at the end.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Good players made some bad shots down the stretch. I would say the course held up. The 1st round leader was -7. Only the winner did better than double that at the end.

Yeah and he was even after R1.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bubba gives $200k to the Hole in The Wall Gang.

Watson donates $200K to Travelers' charity

But it was his post-win $200,000 donation to the tournament's primary charity, the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, that may go down as his weekend's most revered accomplishment.

"It is such an honor to be a part of this tournament, they've always made me feel like family," Watson said in a statement. "Every year they're making improvements, making the tournament better, growing the charitable donations, doing more for the families, caddies, fans. I can't say enough about how impressive this tournament is and how much they impact the community by giving back."

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Bubba gives $200k to the Hole in The Wall Gang.

Watson donates $200K to Travelers' charity

But it was his post-win $200,000 donation to the tournament's primary charity, the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, that may go down as his weekend's most revered accomplishment.

"It is such an honor to be a part of this tournament, they've always made me feel like family," Watson said in a statement. "Every year they're making improvements, making the tournament better, growing the charitable donations, doing more for the families, caddies, fans. I can't say enough about how impressive this tournament is and how much they impact the community by giving back."
Awesome.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He takes a bad rap. People seem to think he's a dyck. If you're not Ted Scott, he probably has been nothing but nice to you. And if you are Ted Scott, you'd be his best friend and probably don't get too upset about his caddie abuse.

Reaction Score
Always fun to watch fireworks on back 9 on Sunday, especially last four holes.

I'd love to see a way to make tee shot on 16 about one club length longer and add about 15-20 yards to 17. Would love seeing players on tee of 17 knowing they need to nut one off the tee to get an 8 or 9 iron on to green, or take the risk of laying back and hitting a 5 or 6 iron across the pond.

Agreed. Was there on Sunday watching everyone implode on 15 - then Bubba made birdie and the crowd went nuts. Was really shocked so many people went into the water.

Reaction Score
This may be a dumb question, but is it worth going? I'm not a golfer but live in town and was always curious if it is a good time even if you have little to no golf connection.

Took my son - he isn't a golfer - and had a lot of fun. He was surprised he enjoyed it (he is 18).

Reaction Score
He takes a bad rap. People seem to think he's a dyck. If you're not Ted Scott, he probably has been nothing but nice to you. And if you are Ted Scott, you'd be his best friend and probably don't get too upset about his caddie abuse.

There are a lot of “Bubba is a d!-&” stories out there beyond just abusing his caddy, so I think it’s safe to assume he’s actually a d!(&. He also seems to realize that his rep is deserved and is trying to be better. Nobody has ever questioned his generosity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom