OT: Tom Brady GOAT | Page 15 | The Boneyard

OT: Tom Brady GOAT

Reaction Score
You said they use their division for an easy bye and home field advantage. The stats show otherwise. They use their overall dominance to get the bye and home field advantage. Swap them with the top team in any other AFC division every year and they win that division as well and get the bye and home field advantage every year and with a better record. They consistently beat the top teams in the conference every year. Their conference is not the easy stepping stone you claim.

I'm not sure why you let your agenda get in the way that they are simply the best franchise by far in the Brady era.

No. No stats show otherwise.

Reaction Score
Every one in studio and on the radio while I traveled (well 90%) to NY Monday night said it was 2 way hand fighting, should have been a no call. But you don't have a bias and these people who coached, played football and talk about all day no a lot less than a Pats fan right 25? LOL , all good I get it. bad call though.

I heard just as many people call it PI. I thought it was close. But I can give you plenty of links:

Reaction Score
Ironically, that particular penalty has only been called once, ever, in league history.

What about the offensive pass interference call in the Denver regular season game in 2015? It negated a huge gain to Gronk that would have put the Patriots on top.

Instead the OPI call killed the drive. Brady was livid. Gronk extended his arms at the line of scrimmage, within the 1 yard area, and the defender was a defensive end who lined up in a 3 point stance! What a colossal screw-up that was. The difference between the AFCCG at Foxboro or Mile High.

Reaction Score
The entire Brady/Belichick mystique originated with a call that had never been made before or since. Just this year alone you have questionable calls for the Patriots against the Jets, Bills, and Steelers*, and if the score had been closer, probably more would have been made of calls and non-calls against Tennessee as well, not to mention the disparity against Jacksonville.

The tuck rule used to be called regularly, 2 or 3 times a year. In fact, the Patriots lost a game in 2001 because of the tuck rule when Vinny T. fumbled the ball, Patriots recovered, and they gave the ball back to the Jets. In fact, the Raiders - Patriots game doesn't even happen at all if not for the tuck rule because a Patriots win against the Jets changes the seeding.

You brought up the Jets play with Austin Seferian-Jenkins and this Sunday we saw the exact same play on the Lewis fumble.

ASJ caught the ball and established himself as a runner. As he approaches the goal line, he fumbles the ball. Same as Lewis fumbling and losing control. Both players hit the ground and secured the ball loosely against their body, but the ball was still moving. In Lewis's case, he was on the ground when someone stripped it. In ASJ's case, he secured the ball when his shoulder was already out of bounce.

Same idea. When you fumble, you have to survive the ground. Just like a fumble near the sideline. It's not good enough for you to grab it before you go out of bounds. You need to possess it.

And yet, if that was Fournette fumbling and then grabbing the ball with one hand against his body while on the ground, then a Patriot ripped it away while he was on the ground, there would have been an uproar from crybaby fans about the NFL favoring the Patriots.

Reaction Score
Keep'em coming

Try Louis Riddick on ESPN. Jeez... Can't believe you're crying over one 50/50 call.

If the shoe were reversed, you know there'd be tons of "controversy" over the Lewis fumble.

Reaction Score
Posts like this give me life.

Yes, the league that suspended NE's best player for one quarter of a season, stripped the team of a first round pick, and fined them a million bucks for an absolute non-event is 100% in the tank for the Patriots.

I swear to god, as a Patriots fan, listening to this stuff gives me just about as much pleasure as the wins.

You're 100% wrong. Brady was suspended because of the other 31 owners believing the NFL goes soft on the Patriots. Your ignorant "rant" and the fact that they get next to no penalties called against them at home proved them correct.

You may proceed with your ignorant retort filled with insults.

Reaction Score
Try Louis Riddick on ESPN. Jeez... Can't believe you're crying over one 50/50 call.

If the shoe were reversed, you know there'd be tons of "controversy" over the Lewis fumble.

No there wouldn't that wasn't close you don't have control with the bottom of your hand and wrist you kidding me, it's a damn fumble no question? LOL I'm not crying could care less, it's just a crappy call that's all.

Reaction Score
No there wouldn't that wasn't close you don't have control with the bottom of your hand and wrist you kidding me, it's a damn fumble no question? LOL I'm not crying could care less, it's just a crappy call that's all.

It's a 50/50 call, but by the book it was right. Both hands pushing him out of bounds, not looking at the ball.
It doesn't mean it has to be called. You can essentially reward the defender for getting good position on the WR by not calling it, but he takes things into his own hands when he uses both to push out of bounds without his head turned. Doesn't matter though, there were some bad PIs against Jax that were ignored. Like the Hogan call when Ramsey was all over his back long before the ball got there.

About your explanation of the Lewis fumble, that was exactly what happened with Seferian-Jenkins, and there was a ton of controversy.

All this bluster for one iff 50/50 call. Unreal.

Reaction Score
It's a 50/50 call, but by the book it was right. Both hands pushing him out of bounds, not looking at the ball.
It doesn't mean it has to be called. You can essentially reward the defender for getting good position on the WR by not calling it, but he takes things into his own hands when he uses both to push out of bounds without his head turned. Doesn't matter though, there were some bad PIs against Jax that were ignored. Like the Hogan call when Ramsey was all over his back long before the ball got there.

About your explanation of the Lewis fumble, that was exactly what happened with Seferian-Jenkins, and there was a ton of controversy.

All this bluster for one iff 50/50 call. Unreal.

Of course there were a lot of Jacksonville calls that were missed LOL, Pats had ONE. Hilarious

Reaction Score
Of course there were a lot of Jacksonville calls that were missed LOL, Pats had ONE. Hilarious

What are you crying about now?

Did you watch the game?

Did you even notice that the refs let them play and didn't call holding (only holding call all game was against the Patriots)?

The rest were PI and pre-snap penalties.

You're talking about one 50/50 call! That's it. The refs didn't call any holding.

It's Jax's fault if they don't know how to lineup or figure out the play clock. AFTER a timeout no less. You're making excuses.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm not crying could care less, it's just a crappy call that's all.
Yes you are and you couldn't care more.

Otherwise why do you get involved in virtually every single thread vis a vie Boston sports teams? You want people to tell you you are correct. Sometimes you are. In this case you are not.

Reaction Score

Otherwise why do you get involved in virtually every single thread vis a vie Boston sports teams? You want people to tell you you are correct. Sometimes you are. In this case you are not.

They are the only games being played. Talk about the Eagles game? I will throw my 2 cents in. Geez you guys are lame sometimes. It was a huge call in a huge game. If you were so sure you and upstater would stop replying and I'd go away happily. Oh I will anyway, have fun good luck sincerely I mean it to both of you, as a fan of teams it's great to win, I hope you get that sweet smell of the roses again.

But if there are any questionable calls I will be here Monday ok? LOL ;):D

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
You said they use their division for an easy bye and home field advantage. The stats show otherwise. They use their overall dominance to get the bye and home field advantage. Swap them with the top team in any other AFC division every year and they win that division as well and get the bye and home field advantage every year and with a better record. They consistently beat the top teams in the conference every year. Their conference is not the easy stepping stone you claim.

I'm not sure why you let your agenda get in the way that they are simply the best franchise by far in the Brady era.
At some point in time you reach the conclusion:
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired - J. Swift.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
At some point in time you reach the conclusion:
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired - J. Swift.
After slogging through this entire thread you needed to quote someone to make this point?

Reaction Score
You're 100% wrong. Brady was suspended because of the other 31 owners believing the NFL goes soft on the Patriots. Your ignorant "rant" and the fact that they get next to no penalties called against them at home proved them correct.

You may proceed with your ignorant retort filled with insults.

You sound mad. That makes me happy.

Reaction Score

Just glad to hear sometimes, hell I didn't even think that 25.

Reaction Score
You sound mad. That makes me happy.

Mad about what? That the NFL isn't really looking to screw over the Patriots every chance they get? Or that Brady was only suspended because the other 31 owners believed, rightly so, the the NFL is Charmin soft on the Patriots?

Reaction Score
Mad about what? That the NFL isn't really looking to screw over the Patriots every chance they get? Or that Brady was only suspended because the other 31 owners believed, rightly so, the the NFL is Charmin soft on the Patriots?

Until this Sunday, the Patriots had more penalties called against them at home this year than penalties called against the visiting team. After Sunday, visitors have had 2 more penalties called against them on the season.

Reaction Score
The amount of sour grapes in this thread is hilarious. Remember you people are adults...Tom Brady is the GOAT no matter how much you wish he wasn't. Get over it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom